The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
Braathen
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Infront of the PC O_o
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Braathen » Mon May 30, 2016 7:35 am

You and Alias are the only reasons that I am even still talking to myself on these threads :lol:

If you two go then I go...and Alias already has his foot out the door it seems. :shock:

EDIT: Jala, dc, etc, didn't forget you guys but you don't post very often. :wink:


Yeah so i really dont know what to post tbh.. im not great with "big words" or financial talk.. i do like "gobbledygook" as some are calling it :P
You want to discuss weightlifting? Ill talk on that subject until pigs fly but this is not really the place for that.
I read EVERYTHING posted on this forum.. most of it i could do without but i just love this place from the bottom of my heart and im just sitting here
all day anyway :P

I could share my trades but i dont feel that is going to help anyone.. others doing this never helped me. The ideas shared on this forum did however
help me. So in conclusion i will post more often.. if it will help anyone or even be remotly interresting.. i dont know :D but lets do it anyway!

Cones and PnF is what im doing at the moment.. i really really love angles and doing the PnF keeps me engaged.
Confucius quote: I hear and i forget, i see and i remember, i do and i understand!

Image
Image
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 31
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Jalarupa » Mon May 30, 2016 7:42 am

Braathen wrote:if it will help anyone or even be remotly interresting.. i dont know :D but lets do it anyway!

Cones and PnF is what im doing at the moment.. i really really love angles and doing the PnF keeps me engaged.
Confucius quote: I hear and i forget, i see and i remember, i do and i understand!


Dude, I learn so much from you and your charts its scary! So glad you back on board... :)
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I trade using <<FX SYNERGY>>

User avatar
Braathen
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Infront of the PC O_o
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Braathen » Mon May 30, 2016 8:16 am

Never jumped ship my friend.. was just down peeling patatoes and scrubbing the hull :D

So you said your in the trade with only 1 macro to your stop loss? B/E? take profit?
I like to enter, double fast if price is going my way.. keeping my 00 behind a large TF extreme.. then when price is moving fast/breaking out i scalp
for some lines.
If im at let say 8's i will scalp for lets say 3 maybe 4 lines then scale back out to something that keeps my position higher then a 2+ day extreme then repeat this if price picks up speed again we could do 4's for 5-6 lines then scale back out. I dont like trading at PIP$ max all the time as i get punched in the face too often doing this.

But i think this is what u suggested in the last lines of your post?
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 31
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Jalarupa » Mon May 30, 2016 8:27 am

Braathen wrote:Never jumped ship my friend.. was just down peeling patatoes and scrubbing the hull :D

So you said your in the trade with only 1 macro to your stop loss? B/E? take profit?
I like to enter, double fast if price is going my way.. keeping my 00 behind a large TF extreme.. then when price is moving fast/breaking out i scalp
for some lines.
If im at let say 8's i will scalp for lets say 3 maybe 4 lines then scale back out to something that keeps my position higher then a 2+ day extreme then repeat this if price picks up speed again we could do 4's for 5-6 lines then scale back out. I dont like trading at PIP$ max all the time as i get punched in the face too often doing this.

But i think this is what u suggested in the last lines of your post?


I'm currently 1 macro from B/E to my stop at 1.5% due to doubling twice...

It seems like we have the same idea, but I should really look at getting my orders out quicker... best done by dropping down to 8's as noted above... (especially for low beta or intraday trades)

Thanks for the clarity ;)
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I trade using <<FX SYNERGY>>

User avatar
newark18
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reputation: 0
Real name: James
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby newark18 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Not that I matter but I still read this thread!
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Sacrophage
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Reputation: 12
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Sacrophage » Mon May 30, 2016 3:08 pm

So, if we break it down to 2 types of scaling:
1. Pre-determined scale levels & quantities or other type of rule-based scaling
2. Subjective scale levels & quantities

Type 1 takes a trade idea and lets it run to its natural conclusion. R:R on this trade is better with scaling than without, but you will not know ahead of time if your trailed SL will be ahead of or behind the S/R being built by price action after the first entry.

Type 2 allows for the "perfect" trade, but since the trader is deciding where and how to use the equity built by the first position, I see it simply as a separate trade. This seems to make the most sense when looking at weekly and monthly charts, hunting for 1000 points, and able to make the add decisions on the 4-hour or daily.

For my goal, 100% by July 1, I will be looking at shorter-term charts and type 1 scaling. The power of the MM is betting on the inevitable streak of points. The streak value may be set as desired, and the ramp schedule may utilize up to 100% of tallied profits + original risk. Together, they make up the waypoint. Given that Mighty has decreased the waypoint targets since the start of the thread, I will cap each waypoint at 20%.

I will try to categorize trades by 1) timeframe, 2) trend/counter-trend, 3) stop size, in order to get some stats on W:L, expected return, etc. Please advise any thoughts you experienced guys have - I am sure manual-trading gurus have an innate sense of these numbers that molds their decision-making. Of course, since entries are subjective, those numbers will vary from trader to trader, but expect they should fall into a range if we are all looking at similar tools (the ideas that Mighty trades by) for the entry.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5455
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 434
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
1) Thanks Mighty, yes, I understand the math. What I am wondering is whether I am doing things the most efficient way or not - since entries/adds are subjective, there is no way for me to backtest for expected return.

2) So, in this example, should I have been forcing adds? Yes, I could take a loss, but I could also take a hugely outsized profit.

3) Should I always be going for that big win?

4) It's easier to add when the waves are deeper and the move is slower, but I believe those are also the lower probability moves for generating momentum and big gains. What say you?

5) **I should restate the caveat that I'm asking for the purpose of learning the most efficient way to manually trade - you have already answered above for someone looking to make a living



1) This might change if we end up going the P&F route

2) You don't need pullbacks to add size, think of scaling in and out like adjusting a speed dial.
I would increase slightly along this macro path ---> 24, 20, 16, 12, 8, 6, 4, 3 (90 pips is 10% once you get to THREES)
increasing with the passage of the day &/or OPM.

3) I might go for a big pip gain if I have a stop at or better than any of the x's in the chart below.

EURUSDMonthly.png
EURUSDMonthly.png (22.21 KiB) Viewed 424 times


4) It is always easy to add, you just push a button :)
The relevant questions are:
a) how fast did you make money
b) how fast are you going to lose money

5) scalp lines, resize, scalp lines, ... most of the time ...
some trades targeting monthly ranges & more daring trades on small charts when you have plenty of OPM.

If you see it different then do it differently.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5455
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 434
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 30, 2016 3:57 pm

newark18 wrote:Not that I matter but I still read this thread!


Of course you matter #-o

thepark
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 4
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby thepark » Mon May 30, 2016 4:02 pm

newark18 wrote:Not that I matter but I still read this thread!


hey newark you might not remember me, but we messaged on gchat for a bit way back when. glad to see you're still on kreslik.

thepark
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 4
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby thepark » Mon May 30, 2016 4:04 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:
1) Thanks Mighty, yes, I understand the math. What I am wondering is whether I am doing things the most efficient way or not - since entries/adds are subjective, there is no way for me to backtest for expected return.

2) So, in this example, should I have been forcing adds? Yes, I could take a loss, but I could also take a hugely outsized profit.

3) Should I always be going for that big win?

4) It's easier to add when the waves are deeper and the move is slower, but I believe those are also the lower probability moves for generating momentum and big gains. What say you?

5) **I should restate the caveat that I'm asking for the purpose of learning the most efficient way to manually trade - you have already answered above for someone looking to make a living



1) This might change if we end up going the P&F route

2) You don't need pullbacks to add size, think of scaling in and out like adjusting a speed dial.
I would increase slightly along this macro path ---> 24, 20, 16, 12, 8, 6, 4, 3 (90 pips is 10% once you get to THREES)
increasing with the passage of the day &/or OPM.

3) I might go for a big pip gain if I have a stop at or better than any of the x's in the chart below.

EURUSDMonthly.png

4) It is always easy to add, you just push a button :)
The relevant questions are:
a) how fast did you make money
b) how fast are you going to lose money

5) scalp lines, resize, scalp lines, ... most of the time ...
some trades targeting monthly ranges & more daring trades on small charts when you have plenty of OPM.

If you see it different then do it differently.


hey MO, how many hours are you trading daily nowadays?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”