Bettleboxs Breakdown of Zlines and MoMos

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Range update:- lower time frames (15min and 1hr) look like there bottoming out and 4hr range has dropped off abit.

There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:57 pm

The following charts(15min and 1min) is using combined candles to identify momentum and biggest bar in that movement.

As price approaches the 15min biggest bar, drop down to 1min chart and start looking for bias change out of the area(ie momentum). Once you have momentum on the 1min identify biggest bar in 1min movement and look for retracement and bounce out.

Principle is if they going to push price out 15min biggest bar back in direction of the breakout. Then momentum will have to start on the lowest timeframe ie 1min in this case. Only looking at 1min chart once price is 15min biggest bar increases probablitiy of NOT getting faked out.

I have looked at about 30 setups on 1min and they all follow the same pattern. I get the feeling they cant hide the money been pumped in to the market. Observation is key to this , watch how price reacts around these areas and learn how the setups vary.
Attachments
audusdm1 e4 KL.png
Aus Usd 1 min CHART
audusdm1 e4 KL.png (48.32 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
audusdm15 e kl.png
Aud Usd 15 min Chart
audusdm15 e kl.png (48.42 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
Last edited by bettlebox on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:06 am

forgot to mark up the entry. 1min with entry.
Attachments
audusdm1 e4 entry KL.png
Aus Usd 1min Chart
audusdm1 e4 entry KL.png (53.44 KiB) Viewed 4565 times

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:52 am

Here is another example of complex price action with 3 attempts to clear a 15min big bar and by using 1min charts how to know when price has turned against you.

there is 1 x 15mins chart of the area
and
4 x 1mins charts showing how the price action moves and attempts to clear. I had to use 4 x 1min charts to show all the detail. the vertical red lines show help you pin point on he 1min chart where you are on 15mins.
Attachments
eurusdm1 e4.png
E/U 1min Chart 4 of 4
eurusdm1 e4.png (37.28 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
eurusdm1 e3.png
E/U 1min Chart 3 of 4
eurusdm1 e3.png (36.16 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
eurusdm1 e2.png
E/U 1min Chart 2 of 4
eurusdm1 e2.png (33.12 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
eurusdm1 e1.png
E/U 1min Chart 1 of 4
eurusdm1 e1.png (35.05 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
eurusdm15 e kl.png
E/U 15min chart 1 of 1
eurusdm15 e kl.png (46.82 KiB) Viewed 4530 times

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:58 am

My Conclusion about 1min big bars, stick to the higher timeframe setups. Its great when market turns nice an clean, but you get buffeted around when it get choppy. I think the increase workload isnt justify, fact that in some 1min setup you will lose 2-4 pips where as 15min timeframe would not take any lose at all.

I think maybe 5min momentum backing up your trade is far better as Doji told me countless times :D.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Stopping Volumes has come back into my field research. My exprience with price action has developed where i can now see volume provides a new dimension to my price analysis.

All im doing is looking at price action and then looking at what i expect price to do and just as importantly what price isn't doing. Then looking at volume spikes to paint story of market makers.

It doesnt matter what ever price action you are using and by adding in a tick volume you can get a more detailed view whats going on. Key is ask yourself what are you expecting or not expecting from your price action and then combining with what you are seeing on volume chart can give you a better picture.

I have included example for EURUSD 15min Chart from Friday.

Im using a dontional indicator 2010 Tro Stopping Volume Histogram
Attachments
eurusdm15vol11.png
EU With Vol
eurusdm15vol11.png (56.74 KiB) Viewed 4330 times

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:46 pm

I found this really good PDF on Volume analysis. If you want to take it beyond a simple stopping volumes analysis.

This freely available PDF The file name is VSA BASICS from MTM.pdf is at bottom of page on the first post.

http://www.informedtrades.com/510408-bo ... -step.html

OR you can do a google search for the PDF and download it directly:-

"VSA BASICS from MTM pdf"

BB

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:02 pm

I used volume analysis today with my price action as usual. Really amazed at detail of underlying pressures of the market and world difference it makes.
Having a indepth knowledge of your price action makes volume analysis a whole lot easier..

where i got out i was looking for re-entry to upside. Never happened by time later in afternoon it was obvious there was no further movement to upside. Until end UK sesson that is.

Here is my trade today with the volume analysis.
Attachments
eurusdm15 today.png
EU today
eurusdm15 today.png (53.18 KiB) Viewed 4250 times

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:25 pm

15min breakout to downside with a volume dropping on the retacement. Getting ready for short. This also reflected in 5mins, BUT right near end where price went quiet the price to started to accelarate(price closing higher) with volume to upside on 5min.

Here is 15min and 5min charts.
Attachments
eurusdm15vv.png
15min Chart
eurusdm15vv.png (45.98 KiB) Viewed 4208 times
eurusdm5vv1.png
5min Chart
eurusdm5vv1.png (44.67 KiB) Viewed 4208 times

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:06 pm

I have a mate who trades the patented VSA method and he's making good money using it (Well he better, they pay enough for that system of theirs)... I just hate talking markets with him, because all I hear is volume this and volume that... doesn't compute...

I played around with the better volume indi and even placed it on a PNF chart and got some interesting but mixed results...

From what I can remmeber in our conversations together is he looks for big moves backed up by low volume or periods of extended low volume after a large volume period and he says it shows him where the pro's are loading up and off loading...

But you can see that on a candle chart I keep telling him... :lol
:smt065

Return to “TheRumpledOne”