Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

flinux

Postby flinux » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:20 pm

So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

IN-XS

Postby IN-XS » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi Guys! I have not posted here in a while, been busy working on my trading, slowly starting to get better. I see all the great trades you guys have been pulling off, so I thought I would post a trade from today. I only had one trade today and that was on EJ, made about 60 pips. It seemed slow today, probably due to the lack of news. Entry and exit are marked by the white price label's.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:39 pm

cfabian wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:Yeah that sounds really good...

Or you can use your full 2% pegged at a 50 pip stop loss risk... Enter off the high TF extreme (like you did)...

And keep adding 2% in your next trade and then 2x2% in your follow up trades... just as long as your average in tact, and if price goes close to your average (like in touching it) start think of deleveraging or taking a smaller profit... or Breakeven... Don't even think about taking the heat because you will be over extended according to your risk/reward ratio.

You will easily do 25% on your account if you can get these three orders out and price moves 100 pips in your favor.

You can even then begin to aggressively scalp 20-30 pips here and there...

In your current EU position you could have gone large on the leverage during last nites pullback... and liquidated those positions at the crash zone... without fear of taking too much heat or any at all for that matter...

I reckon when you so far into profit like you are, you can lay out some (proportionally leveraged trades) ie if you using 2% / 4 (per individual position) then you must use that same ratio times 4 or 5 (or how ever many you want) - x5 usually leave your Line far enough away from current PA. Try to not overpower your profit margin too much though... I hope this makes sense... That's why try to get that initial low risk 2% or 1.5% (at 50 -100 pips SL) out there quick and then keep adding... add like ya life depended on it... don't just sit back and get dumbstruck by the fact that your ccount is getting bigger... trade the mo'fo... (thats what I do... I watch with joy and forget that I am on the job...) when I look again it may be too late and I'll have to try again next session or next day...

btw... if you not comfortable with this... your way seems very valid and probably better in more volatile markets... but if you get a bounce off a prominent Fib line on a high TF then by all means GIVE IT HORNS! cuz you know where its going to go... ;-)

If the fundamentals match the technicals like the way they have been the past three weeks then you would be foolish not to tear the market a new one...

Jalarupa,
When is a good moment to add positions? Wait for a pull back say on H1, and when breaking that retrace add positions so the avg is above/below the pullback's extreme?

Also, in order for this to work properly, a trending market is needed. I find it harder to find a daily trending than H4 or H1. What TF is the one you base your trend on?

Thanks

Hey CF,

Well I base my 'trends' on Weekly and daily charts...

Like this setup two / three weeks ago on the EU weekly... It was just stupid really...

Basically highest close CC bodies to lowest close CC bodies using the FIB tool and 0.0 \ 0.25 \ 0.50 \ 0.75 \ 100

See how that mapped out PERFECTLY the turnaround... Its like MO says High TF Zlines are the STRONG ONES. and I see alarm bells ringing when I get the lines appearing on my M15 charts...

Just look at this...

The same chart analysis done on the Daily chart... and look where price turned around... Talk about a MIGHTY ZONE! :D so where would you trade? Long or short? if the weekly and daily are saying... "CRASH!"

As for scaling in... Well the way i see it is.. "who cares where"... as long as you are in significant amount of profit and current price closed below a line of S&R and you can keep your average above that line... GET IN! Get in and hit it with a BIG STICK!

Have a mental target in mind... Mine was the 0.0 line on the EU daily... and guess what? price bounced there... I got out and called it a week / month ;-)

Happy Thanks Giving to all ya peeps, hope you done some giving of yer own, however I don't really understand the true essence of the holiday... I hope it was merry none the less !

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Jalarupa wrote:
cfabian wrote:

Or you can use your full 2% pegged at a 50 pip stop loss risk... Enter off the high TF extreme (like you did)...

And keep adding 2% in your next trade and then 2x2% in your follow up trades... just as long as your average in tact, and if price goes close to your average (like in touching it) start think of deleveraging or taking a smaller profit... or Breakeven... Don't even think about taking the heat because you will be over extended according to your risk/reward ratio.

You will easily do 25% on your account if you can get these three orders out and price moves 100 pips in your favor.

In your current EU position you could have gone large on the leverage during last nites pullback... and liquidated those positions at the crash zone... without fear of taking too much heat or any at all for that matter...

I reckon when you so far into profit like you are, you can lay out some (proportionally leveraged trades) ie if you using 2% / 4 (per individual position) then you must use that same ratio times 4 or 5 (or how ever many you want) - x5 usually leave your Line far enough away from current PA. Try to not overpower your profit margin too much though... I hope this makes sense... That's why try to get that initial low risk 2% or 1.5% (at 50 -100 pips SL) out there quick and then keep adding... add like ya life depended on it... don't just sit back and get dumbstruck by the fact that your ccount is getting bigger... trade the mo'fo... (thats what I do... I watch with joy and forget that I am on the job...) when I look again it may be too late and I'll have to try again next session or next day...

btw... if you not comfortable with this... your way seems very valid and probably better in more volatile markets... but if you get a bounce off a prominent Fib line on a high TF then by all means GIVE IT HORNS! cuz you know where its going to go... ;-)

If the fundamentals match the technicals like the way they have been the past three weeks then you would be foolish not to tear the market a new one...

Jalarupa,
When is a good moment to add positions? Wait for a pull back say on H1, and when breaking that retrace add positions so the avg is above/below the pullback's extreme?

Also, in order for this to work properly, a trending market is needed. I find it harder to find a daily trending than H4 or H1. What TF is the one you base your trend on?

Thanks

Hey CF,

Like this setup two / three weeks ago on the EU weekly... It was just stupid really...

Basically highest close CC bodies to lowest close CC bodies using the FIB tool and 0.0 \ 0.25 \ 0.50 \ 0.75 \ 100

See how that mapped out PERFECTLY the turnaround... Its like MO says High TF Zlines are the STRONG ONES. and I see alarm bells ringing when I get the lines appearing on my M15 charts...

Just look at this...

The same chart analysis done on the Daily chart... and look where price turned around... Talk about a MIGHTY ZONE! :D so where would you trade? Long or short? if the weekly and daily are saying... "CRASH!"

As for scaling in... Well the way i see it is.. "who cares where"... as long as you are in significant amount of profit and current price closed below a line of S&R and you can keep your average above that line... GET IN! Get in and hit it with a BIG STICK!

Have a mental target in mind... Mine was the 0.0 line on the EU daily... and guess what? price bounced there... I got out and called it a week / month ;-)

Happy Thanks Giving to all ya peeps, hope you done some giving of yer own, however I don't really understand the true essence of the holiday... I hope it was merry none the less !

Thanks Jalarupa,
Yes, I totally agree with your example, it is pretty straight forward.
I wonder how would you evaluate price action in my precious post (http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... 8f34#49350)

Cheers
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

mob

Postby mob » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:06 am

couple of questions:

@Flinux - which CC color is your initial "placement" - white as MO did?
Which candle is point of origin / generation of 3 shift CC's?
Any chance you could post your tpl as I am unsuccessfully trying to replicate this 3 shift cc for a couple of days....

@Mo / Vance - ok, I bite as nobody made a comment (yet) - what generates the yellow / orange dots under certain cc's?
Some look like extyremes / reversal points but others don't... A hint please.... (I know we don't get a straight answer as we have to work it out ourselves....

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:38 am

cfabian wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:
cfabian wrote:

Jalarupa,

Thanks

Hey CF,

Just look at this...

Thanks Jalarupa,
Yes, I totally agree with your example, it is pretty straight forward.
I wonder how would you evaluate price action in my precious post (http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... 8f34#49350)

Cheers

No worries...

Okay well truth be told I use squiggly's :oops:

As well as a simple set of rules for my trades...

Which will make the trade quiet obvious in my books

Only trade long above the Daily Open
Only trade short below Daily Open (Classic NLA TRO Daily Bias Rule)
Same can be said for my MA's long above short below... depending on the TF

I also use the Mighty Rule of when CC's close over a line of S&R then that line is no longer a line... so again it would have been obvious to me at least...

I trade the Divinity method created over on Insanity Industries by noushina, bredin (indicator junkie) and myself.

Which incorporates a lot of the Blind Mouse strategy so I have called it Blind Divinity (faith) in my personal capacity. Purely because we place a lot of faith in S&R, which when proven to be correct via Divinity we can appropriately approach new lines of S&R. (IE - HIT EM WITH A BIG STICK!)

Divinity Traders - http://insanityindustries.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=116
The Origin of the Divinity method - http://insanityindustries.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90

A lot of what you'll see there is how we tested it via Demo account, but I have been trading it live on my MBT pro account for the past three weeks or so and we'll its been wonderful! I normally mark up the orders I take with market orders on MT4 to show peeps via the show orders indi from Blubbb.

[edit]

In case you wanted the H1 TF

Well here's a classic Blind Mouse for ya...

H1 9CC Can't close over a line... what next?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:34 am

"...Its like MO says High TF Zlines are the STRONG ONES" -Jalarupa

What you and others may not understand is that the "strength" of the higher TF lines is that price can move a greater number of pips beyond the line while maintaining the expectation that price shouldn't close beyond it before the end of the period.

Monthly S&R DOES NOT[U] mean that price is better protected from moving beyond it!
Quite the opposite, it means that price can move say 370 or even 500 pips beyond the line as long as it is back home by 12:00 :wink:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:56 am

mob wrote:couple of questions:

@Flinux - which CC color is your initial "placement" - white as MO did?
Which candle is point of origin / generation of 3 shift CC's?
Any chance you could post your tpl as I am unsuccessfully trying to replicate this 3 shift cc for a couple of days....

@Mo / Vance - ok, I bite as nobody made a comment (yet) - what generates the yellow / orange dots under certain cc's?
Some look like extyremes / reversal points but others don't... A hint please.... (I know we don't get a straight answer as we have to work it out ourselves....

No idea what it means when they place the dots on their charts.

On my charts they are simply a note of what I am seeing in my head:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:04 am

cfabian wrote:Guys, this kind of setups are the ones that always kill me. Could someone please guide me as to how to properly look at them?

My perception was that the price was supporting on the blue line. HT was trending bullish. Wicks on the yellow circle are confirming rejection from the support zone. That is where I entered long, and then booom, nailed heavily by that strong down move.

Please make your comments on how you perceive this move, and for those who entered short when the down move started, what prevented you from closing your positions on that zone, to remain in the down move? What was your target/crash zone?

Thanks

If there is a 99% chance that most everyone would view it as support then there is a 99% chance that it is not. :wink:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:14 am

cfabian wrote:

Jalarupa,

Thanks

You do not need a trending market...

What you need is to ask yourself how you can live without a trending market.

The clue of the day is: COPY & PASTE

Return to “TheRumpledOne”