Blubbb's free indicator and expert advisor thread

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 pm

To be able to close them I would need to write an EA that waits for break even. If I remember correctly I already wrote one... that was quite some time ago. I'll search my hard drive.
But you have to keep in mind that this would be no "real" SL or substitute for one: If your internet connection dies, the power fails or you shut down the system, the EA of course couldn't do anything.

Edit: Sorry, I wrote nonsense. What I meant was a solution for all the open trades at once. I didn't read you wanted it for one pair only. Then it would be possible with a script, of course. The script would calculate the "resultant" of all the trades and set the SL accordingly. It's not yet implemented in the version I posted.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:25 pm

it would be an interesting addition to your SL to handle multiple trades.

If not a SL EA, probably just an indicator to have it visually so you make a decision to act accordingly.

blubbb wrote:To be able to close them I would need to write an EA that waits for break even. If I remember correctly I already wrote one... that was quite some time ago. I'll search my hard drive.
But you have to keep in mind that this would be no "real" SL or substitute for one: If your internet connection dies, the power fails or you shut down the system, the EA of course couldn't do anything.

Edit: Sorry, I wrote nonsense. What I meant was a solution for all the open trades at once. I didn't read you wanted it for one pair only. Then it would be possible with a script, of course. The script would calculate the "resultant" of all the trades and set the SL accordingly. It's not yet implemented in the version I posted.
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:00 pm

I've tried ECN false and true, and no orders appear.

I have no errors in those tabs either... well, when it tries to fill them, I can see the inputs, then in the next line "unit reason 0" and the next one "removed".

All settings are default, jut moved ECN. Any clue?

blubbb wrote:Well, a limit or stop order should appear...
If it doesn't, then there's an error somewhere. Does the "Experts" or "Journal" tab show any messages that could help?

I know there are some brokers where you cannot place an order and at the same time set a SL or TP. The order has to be placed first, then modified. The script has a variable called "ECN". Setting this to "true" accomplishes this.
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!

"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:15 pm

In the MT4 options somewhere there is a checkbox where you have to allow live trading for EAs. I think this includes scripts as well.

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:44 am

Hey Blubbb, did you have a periodshift indi or something like this as I can't seem to find it now? I thought I saw something like this somewhere around :( Thanking you kindly
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:04 am

Many use the CustomCandle indi for this. It's a candle overlay indi.

I implemented handling multiple orders in the Breakeven script :):
Attachments
Blubbb_Script_Breakeven.mq4
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:55 pm

If you want to donate, make sure your mail address works and check your spam and junk folders, too! Normally it doesn't take me very long to send out the donationals.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:00 am

blubbb wrote:Well, a limit or stop order should appear...
If it doesn't, then there's an error somewhere. Does the "Experts" or "Journal" tab show any messages that could help?

I know there are some brokers where you cannot place an order and at the same time set a SL or TP. The order has to be placed first, then modified. The script has a variable called "ECN". Setting this to "true" accomplishes this.

Thanks blubbb, I believe I've got a handle on this now. We'll see Sun. evening. Thanks again.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:54 pm

As requested I updated the CustomCandle indi with the option to draw only the outlines of the custom candles. See page 1. Just set "CandleFilled" to "false".

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:49 pm

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... &start=270

blubbb, scroll down to the bottom of this page. Are these two scripts worth anything? I couldn't figure out how to change the SL and PT inputs. The inputs are set to SL 50 and TP 100. I'm not sure if this 50/100 is the actual value or is a zero dropped. Thanks,
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

Return to “beginners forum”