Blubbb's free indicator and expert advisor thread

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:02 am

This is a script that closes all active trades of the current pair. If you put it in the scripts folder and assign a hotkey to it, e.g. Ctrl-C (requires some clicking in MT4) closing trades gets very easy and quick! The script even retries the procedure a couple of times if unsuccessful.

The second script when executed sets either the TP or the SL to break even. If an order is in profit, the SL is set to break even. If an order is in loss, the TP is set to break even.
Attachments
Blubbb_Script_CloseAll.mq4
(1.59 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Blubbb_Script_Breakeven.mq4
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Last edited by blubbb on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

IN-XS

Postby IN-XS » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks a lot for these blubbb I love the stuff you code, keep up the good work!

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:59 am

Here's another one. I found the VisualOrders EA too inflexible, so I made a script that I have on Ctrl-V. I like it much better.
If you execute it once, two lines appear. Select and drag the white line to the price where you want to open a limit/stop order. The blue line is the stop loss line. Drag it as well, then execute the script again.
The lines get deleted and instead a limit/stop order is opened. The risk is automatically calculated (adjust the percentage in the source code on top).
The script automatically detects whether you want to go long or short.
Attachments
Blubbb_Script_VisualOrders.mq4
(4.55 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:41 pm

blubbb wrote:This is a script that closes all active trades of the current pair. If you put it in the scripts folder and assign a hotkey to it, e.g. Ctrl-C (requires some clicking in MT4) closing trades gets very easy and quick! The script even retries the procedure a couple of times if unsuccessful.

The second script when executed sets either the TP or the SL to break even. If an order is in profit, the SL is set to break even. If an order is in loss, the TP is set to break even.

Thank You ....Thank You !!! :smt038

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:17 am

Blubbb_Script_VisualOrders.mq4

Select and drag the white line to the price where you want to open a limit/stop order. The blue line is the stop loss line. Drag it as well, then execute the script again. The lines get deleted and instead a limit/stop order is opened.

I'm a little confused on the executing again part. When I execute a second time all lines are deleted. I don't understand the instead a limit/stop order is opened.
Hope this makes sense. Thanks,
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:27 pm

Well, a limit or stop order should appear...
If it doesn't, then there's an error somewhere. Does the "Experts" or "Journal" tab show any messages that could help?

I know there are some brokers where you cannot place an order and at the same time set a SL or TP. The order has to be placed first, then modified. The script has a variable called "ECN". Setting this to "true" accomplishes this.

Johntrader

Postby Johntrader » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:32 am

Sorry if I sound silly, but where do I need to look for a nice and quick understanding of your tools, they are looking very clear and simple, and that's the reason I asking for your help.
Coming from thousands indicators to none, I know PA is the thing to look for.

Thanks for the help.

John.

lukx

Postby lukx » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:39 am

blubb, would it be hard for you to make option in custom candle indicator to draw it with only borders around the candle(and be able to set thicknes and color of the line)? Something like with tro m-cnadles you can choose bcgr on off.

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Most of the indicators are based on ideas from the "Never Lose Again" thread. But actually, without understanding the ZLine concept the ZLine and MZ indis are pretty useless. They should help you SEE some things.

As for the scripts and the VisualOrder stuff. This is explained here. You can use them with any strategy. I wrote them because they reduce the amount of clicking and typing in trading significantly.

@lukx

I'll see what I can do... might take some days, though.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi Blubbb, thanks for your new additions.

Actually I was looking for something that could handle break even trades, but talking about all open trades in the same pair (having more than 1 open trades in a pair, so that the SL is managed and set on all positions to the value where is a BE for the overall trades), so I wonder if this handles that option?

Or at least an indicator that draws a line where BE price stands for the overall open trades in that pair.

blubbb wrote:This is a script that closes all active trades of the current pair. If you put it in the scripts folder and assign a hotkey to it, e.g. Ctrl-C (requires some clicking in MT4) closing trades gets very easy and quick! The script even retries the procedure a couple of times if unsuccessful.

WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

Return to “beginners forum”