THE MACRO PIP

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Comparing a 5m to a daily chart it looks like x10 is about
Right for the multiplier. If you are trading many pairs it could
Be fairly profitable although +0 seems unlikely. Would you
Risk a higher % of your account per trade since its a daily?

On never mind I went back to page one and you answered
The question.


I'll answer anyway :)

It is my opinion that it is better to trade more daily charts than it is
to increase your position size on any one chart.

+0 is not readily attainable when you are 'trading for pips'.

I did start off thinking that maybe I should risk more that I would make
more but this only leads to a loss of time as you will see faster gains initially
but tend to swing hard in the opposite direction.

Risk = loss of time, but size = money...so what do you do?

The next thought was to keep risk as near zero as possible and then accumulate
size until I reach +0, but this often resulted in months of work being destroyed.

While there was no 'real loss', as it was OPM, the exposure was so great that it
often resulted in the destruction of 'space' before the goal could be reached.

The major breakthrough is the use of 'waypoints'. By targeting something obtainable
and using that something as a platform we create a parabolic stair-step to +0 without
the long lasting exposure.

It is a numbers game, you keep doing the exact same thing over and over until you reach
a waypoint. Managing risk and accumulation is something that you do, moving is something
that the market does.

Many on this forum have made it to the first waypoint & if they were to simply reset their
size and use the waypoint as their new account balance then it would be inevitable that they
would add a zero; compared to minimum size, the waypoint is astronomical & as such it would
take years of failure to give it back thus making progress an inevitability.

Space Wars is simply geometric money management, it still requires ideas that make money like
"the direction of profit" & "the direction of loss".

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:34 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:MO:

You mentioned BUZZARD REVERSALS....

NZDUSDWeekly.png


8)


I stand by what I say, I don't know why Buzzard reversals faded in popularity...
3 or 4 and then price will 'stall' and possibly retrace (you see it all the time).

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:55 pm

MightyOne wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:MO:

You mentioned BUZZARD REVERSALS....

NZDUSDWeekly.png


8)


I stand by what I say, I don't know why Buzzard reversals faded in popularity...
3 or 4 and then price will 'stall' and possibly retrace (you see it all the time).



Because TRO closed his trading room.
Same reason Psycho levels fell by the wayside.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 22
Gender: Male

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:29 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Comparing a 5m to a daily chart it looks like x10 is about
Right for the multiplier. If you are trading many pairs it could
Be fairly profitable although +0 seems unlikely. Would you
Risk a higher % of your account per trade since its a daily?

On never mind I went back to page one and you answered
The question.


I'll answer anyway :)

It is my opinion that it is better to trade more daily charts than it is
to increase your position size on any one chart.

+0 is not readily attainable when you are 'trading for pips'.

I did start off thinking that maybe I should risk more that I would make
more but this only leads to a loss of time as you will see faster gains initially
but tend to swing hard in the opposite direction.

Risk = loss of time, but size = money...so what do you do?

The next thought was to keep risk as near zero as possible and then accumulate
size until I reach +0, but this often resulted in months of work being destroyed.

While there was no 'real loss', as it was OPM, the exposure was so great that it
often resulted in the destruction of 'space' before the goal could be reached.

The major breakthrough is the use of 'waypoints'. By targeting something obtainable
and using that something as a platform we create a parabolic stair-step to +0 without
the long lasting exposure.

It is a numbers game, you keep doing the exact same thing over and over until you reach
a waypoint. Managing risk and accumulation is something that you do, moving is something
that the market does.

Many on this forum have made it to the first waypoint & if they were to simply reset their
size and use the waypoint as their new account balance then it would be inevitable that they
would add a zero; compared to minimum size, the waypoint is astronomical & as such it would
take years of failure to give it back thus making progress an inevitability.

Space Wars is simply geometric money management, it still requires ideas that make money like
"the direction of profit" & "the direction of loss".


Glad you anwered anyways :D

BDP and WDL plus some risk gearing and ungearing is
A winner in my book.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11440
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:48 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:MO:

You mentioned BUZZARD REVERSALS....

NZDUSDWeekly.png


8)


I stand by what I say, I don't know why Buzzard reversals faded in popularity...
3 or 4 and then price will 'stall' and possibly retrace (you see it all the time).



Because TRO closed his trading room.
Same reason Psycho levels fell by the wayside.


I don't believe that's the reason. I think the reason is that stuff that is simple, easy to understand and is based on statistics is... YAWN... BORING! Traders and most people in general are attracted to the NEW, SHINY and ESOTERIC because of their belief system.

"If it were that simple...."

One page of simple, easy to understand trading rules CAN NOT be as good as HUNDREDS OF PAGES of GOBBLEDYGOOK that hardly anyone understands.

Not to mention the fascination with SQUIGGLY LINES, "magic" numbers, etc...

#-o
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:15 am

GU Daily.
GUV.png
GUV.png (25.53 KiB) Viewed 317 times
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:29 am

I don't believe that's the reason. I think the reason is that stuff that is simple, easy to understand and is based on statistics is... YAWN... BORING! Traders and most people in general are attracted to the NEW, SHINY and ESOTERIC because of their belief system.

"If it were that simple...."

One page of simple, easy to understand trading rules CAN NOT be as good as HUNDREDS OF PAGES of GOBBLEDYGOOK that hardly anyone understands.

Not to mention the fascination with SQUIGGLY LINES, "magic" numbers, etc...


A person has an NDE and believes with certainty that he has seen life after death. Upon waking he proclaims to the
world that life after death exists only to be met by cries of "there is no proof of what you say".

It is beyond argument that he had a real experience yet it did not take place in the material world so it was not 'real' as
the world defines 'real'.

Have you ever risen from your slumber and grabbed your right arm without moving your left, feeling your fingers wrap around your bone, or felt yourself falling?

Have you ever had a dream where something beyond your intellectual ability was revealed to you?

There is another world that is just as 'real' as this one because you can: feel without feeling, see without seeing, and understand without knowledge.

"GOBBLEDYGOOK!"
"There is no proof of what you say!" [-X

judokamak
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby judokamak » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:34 am

There is another world that is just as 'real' as this one because you can: feel without feeling, see without seeing, and understand without knowledge.


Actualy, you could say it s more "real", than this world of ilusion :shock:

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11440
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:58 pm

usdcaddaily.png
usdcaddaily.png (42.85 KiB) Viewed 276 times


Do you see SOMETHING?

"It is not about adding on, but taking away.
The less technique, the better you are."
~ Bruce Lee
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
forexbob
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:52 am
Reputation: 2
Location: Planet Earth
Gender: None specified

Re: THE MACRO PIP

Postby forexbob » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:36 pm

well, what did i see , it did not close over something for ages.

normally i do not trade usdcad, but because of TRO's dropping images in thread's i saw something :mrgreen:

now waiting for MightyPips or get bust and try again.

Image

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”