The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5382
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 293
Gender: Male

8 pips = 1 macro-pip

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:19 am

It is not that hard to think in eights:

Crazy_Eights.png
Crazy_Eights.png (7.66 KiB) Viewed 539 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Captain Pugwash
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:59 am
Reputation: 2
Location: Insanitary Industries
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Captain Pugwash » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 am

MightyOne wrote:[

Hour, 4 hour, daily, weekly, whatever.

Simply draw a line and trade away from it using a small chart.

Until you get a body closing over one way AND not closing over the other way you should be thinking about short-term profits.

Thanks MO, I feel I have to ask a question now!

That is an Interesting chart as I would only be looking for a place to short


Am I looking at this correctly

If this was and H1 chart you would be looking at both L and S- from a body over and fail to close under breakout for a long and a body over and a wick failing to close back under the previous midpoint?


And for a long I would be looking to be aware of a possibe exit at one of those two higher levels
?


really sorry for being so thick :oops:

I seem to have missed the midpoiint thingy entirely :oops: - or is it just a handly place to draw your line in the same place, consistently?
Attachments
2016-03-07_0949.png
2016-03-07_0949.png (129.11 KiB) Viewed 528 times
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

jrtrading
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:04 am
Reputation: 39
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby jrtrading » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:58 am

Deleted.
Last edited by jrtrading on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5382
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 293
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:43 am

Captain Pugwash wrote:Thanks MO, I feel I have to ask a question now!

That is an Interesting chart as I would only be looking for a place to short

Am I looking at this correctly

If this was and H1 chart you would be looking at both L and S- from a body over and fail to close under breakout for a long and a body over and a wick failing to close back under the previous midpoint?

And for a long I would be looking to be aware of a possibe exit at one of those two higher levels
?

really sorry for being so thick :oops:

I seem to have missed the midpoiint thingy entirely :oops: - or is it just a handly place to draw your line in the same place, consistently?


The only thing that is "correct" is the idea:

Bodies show the way, wicks show not the way; price cannot rise on wicks, neither can it fall without closing lower.

In the short-term price can cross lines like a teenager, but in the long-term price must both pick a direction and choose
not to return to its old ways (re-cross & close).

The midpoint starts off as the open price and is left behind as the ranges expand further and further over time.
If you know which way the market will move then the extreme is the best price to trade from, but if you do not
know then trading from the midpoint is best.

The extreme (in the direction of profit) or previous anything is used when I want to trade in a certain direction but my stop is out of reach (as in the BOx trade).

Maybe if I were short I would hold short but since I am flat I'll try to go long as price rises above the median...
if the impact to your account is small then take more stabs and if it is great then take fewer stabs.

Impact.png
Impact.png (9.83 KiB) Viewed 986 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5382
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 293
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:57 pm

Who knows what is going to happen over the short-term?
Price could spike up 32 pips or it could spike down 32 pips, it can have an impact of -32 pips or it can have an impact of -4.

Do you really care about 32 pips gained at small size? :lol:
The time to care about 32 pips is when your position size is LARGE!

In the beginning you simply "scalp" pips with 8 = 1 macros.
As you gain OPM you shrink the boxes to 4 =1, 2 = 1, and finally 1 = 1 & you are making those 32 pips WHEN the pips matter.

You have 5 macros to play with, the same impact as 5 pips on a small chart, that is plenty of space to get the job done.

If you lose a few macros then so what? Do you cry when you lose 2 pips? Of course not!

EURJPYecnM15.png
EURJPYecnM15.png (27.44 KiB) Viewed 940 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 16
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby v8power » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:43 pm

MightyOne wrote:Who knows what is going to happen over the short-term?
Price could spike up 32 pips or it could spike down 32 pips, it can have an impact of -32 pips or it can have an impact of -4.

Do you really care about 32 pips gained at small size? :lol:
The time to care about 32 pips is when your position size is LARGE!

In the beginning you simply "scalp" pips with 8 = 1 macros.
As you gain OPM you shrink the boxes to 4 =1, 2 = 1, and finally 1 = 1 & you are making those 32 pips WHEN the pips matter.

You have 5 macros to play with, the same impact as 5 pips on a small chart, that is plenty of space to get the job done.

If you lose a few macros then so what? Do you cry when you lose 2 pips? Of course not!

EURJPYecnM15.png


I like how you put the boxes on the chart. Reminds me of Renko.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5589
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 22
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:01 pm

MightyOne wrote: If you lose a few macros then so what? Do you cry when you lose 2 pips? Of course not!


I have.
;-)
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5382
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 293
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:12 am

v8power wrote:
I like how you put the boxes on the chart. Reminds me of Renko.


It is basically a 2 box reversal P&F drawn as a 1 box reversal in Renko form.

Instead of each X being a single price, the top of the X is one price and the bottom of the X is another.

EURJPYecnM15.png
EURJPYecnM15.png (33.26 KiB) Viewed 855 times

1_BOX_P&F.png
1_BOX_P&F.png (2.3 KiB) Viewed 855 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5382
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 293
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Do you remember this chart?

Now you know why people like to say that I draw lines after the fact.

15* angles are so magical that it blows the mind...

USDCADecnM15.png
USDCADecnM15.png (52.04 KiB) Viewed 762 times

v8power
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 16
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby v8power » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:42 pm

MightyOne wrote:Do you remember this chart?

Now you know why people like to say that I draw lines after the fact.

15* angles are so magical that it blows the mind...

USDCADecnM15.png



Haha, of course this is posted as I am typing out my reply saying how much angles are amazing.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”