Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:22 pm

ES/PIP

Thanks for all the charts. I know how much of a pain
posting all of them can be. Glad you are sticking around
though :)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
foreman01
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:55 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby foreman01 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:10 pm

....
Last edited by foreman01 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:22 pm

pablo101 wrote:
es/pip wrote:lol

im not going anywhere

just not as many charts from me

all the charts are the same anyway.


i will help on any q's if i know the answer and with analysis or whatever


ahh your charts will be missed!

Taking MO teachings one notch up, have you sussed out MO202? I've still have no idea what's happening there *scratch head*



hardly

i am as lost as a drunken sailor on that stuff :D
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 0
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:24 pm

foreman01 wrote:I occurs to me as a professional educator that I could probably make a very useful tutorial that would explain this better than some of those who do not teach for a living could do.

If es/pip or anyone who is trading using zlines and momentum candles successfully, would care to chat with me for a half hour I will put together a power point show with probably just a few slides and very clear annotations, circles, arrows, lines, zoom ins on larger time frame charts etc.

Then I will run the draft by a couple others that know what they are doing, and post it.

PM me if you want to call me or have me call you.

Randy Foreman

PS
As a academic reference librarian it would be inconceivable for me to say to a student, "The answers to your questions are found here in this set of 650 pages of pictures and comments, many of which are ambiguous, irrelevant, tangential, confusing, and conflicting. Please read through it at least three times and check back with me next month."


foreman01 wrote:es/pip,

If you indeed going to stop posting may I make a request?

I teach computer skills (for legal research) using screen shots, circles, arrows, and some text.
I find that I can always find a better way to explain exactly what I mean.
Later some of those same students will come up to me at the reference desk (I'm a law librarian) and ask me the same stuff I showed them. I sometimes have to dumb it down a lot. I have to define stuff that I figure after two years of law school they ought to know.

So perhaps before you stop posting you could make your best ever presentation of exactly why you enter the trade. Perhaps even defining your terms: zline, mightzone, etc.

Assume perhaps that the readers have not followed the thread for the last 500 pages (since MO entered the thread), or even your posts for the last two or three months.

Perhaps it's an unreasonable suggestion.


Can this be documented? Sounds scary :shock:

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:28 pm

Fxtraveller wrote:Now Ive got a new fear, that this pattern will end some day....

once more my best scenario (missed being on my day job):

1)momo

2) breakout

3)enter at pullback where break out occured.

Sniper precision !



i know what you mean

on the weekends i wake up on sat and sun morning almost in a sort of mild panic and think " what if i cant do this anymore, what if it stops working".

but what it comes down to is just trading what you see

the market will always move

always have momo

always have held profit

just trade what the market says it is going to do

keep stops small and targets larger
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 0
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:41 pm

"on the weekends i wake up on sat and sun morning almost in a sort of mild panic"

LOL :lol:
Last edited by pablo101 on Tue May 04, 2010 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fxtraveller
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:56 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Postby Fxtraveller » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:57 pm

es/pip

I am asking myself the same question. all strategies up to now would fail, because of hard stops, because of Moving Averages, because of this and that.... but.....
once volatility decreases, there will still be momo, breakouts, trades zlined.... so could this be an eternal "method/practice" ?

User avatar
foreman01
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:55 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby foreman01 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:01 pm

....
Last edited by foreman01 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:03 pm

foreman01 wrote:I occurs to me as a professional educator that I could probably make a very useful tutorial that would explain this better than some of those who do not teach for a living could do.

If es/pip or anyone who is trading using zlines and momentum candles successfully, would care to chat with me for a half hour I will put together a power point show with probably just a few slides and very clear annotations, circles, arrows, lines, zoom ins on larger time frame charts etc.

Then I will run the draft by a couple others that know what they are doing, and post it.

PM me if you want to call me or have me call you.

Randy Foreman

PS
As a academic reference librarian it would be inconceivable for me to say to a student, "The answers to your questions are found here in this set of 650 pages of pictures and comments, many of which are ambiguous, irrelevant, tangential, confusing, and conflicting. Please read through it at least three times and check back with me next month."


foreman01 wrote:es/pip,

If you indeed going to stop posting may I make a request?

I teach computer skills (for legal research) using screen shots, circles, arrows, and some text.
I find that I can always find a better way to explain exactly what I mean.
Later some of those same students will come up to me at the reference desk (I'm a law librarian) and ask me the same stuff I showed them. I sometimes have to dumb it down a lot. I have to define stuff that I figure after two years of law school they ought to know.

So perhaps before you stop posting you could make your best ever presentation of exactly why you enter the trade. Perhaps even defining your terms: zline, mightzone, etc.

Assume perhaps that the readers have not followed the thread for the last 500 pages (since MO entered the thread), or even your posts for the last two or three months.

Perhaps it's an unreasonable suggestion.


I can appreciate where you are coming from on some of that.

If MO or someone else wants to take you up on that then that is obviously up to them. I however would not be interested in doing that. For the following reasons



1. This is not my stuff. It is MO's, me doing that would just be wrong and weird. Not that it could be done anyway.

2. I really do not think that it can be "explained". It is not a system. It does not have a set of rules. It is discretionary and that cannot be taught, it has to be experienced for one to come to understand it.


"PS
As a academic reference librarian it would be inconceivable for me to say to a student, "The answers to your questions are found here in this set of 650 pages of pictures and comments, many of which are ambiguous, irrelevant, tangential, confusing, and conflicting. Please read through it at least three times and check back with me next month." "

I disagree with this statement 100%. This thread contains information that you cannot put a price tag on, and is hardly "ambiguous, irrelevant, tangential, confusing, and conflicting". It is all laid out on a silver platter, all one has to do is spend the time on it. People in general want the easiest way to do things. Why read 600 pages when it could be condensed into xx pages? Because, the value of reading each post as it relates to other charts or commentary that was posted is too valuable not to.

I am not some abnormally smart person that "figured" it out. I dropped out of school after 2 years with a 2.9 gpa. I have most likely killed more brain cells than everyone on this board combined. :D It is all there in the thread. After the 10,000 charts that have been posted with explanations there is nothing else to "show".

Those that do not see it think there is a trick to it. There is no "trick" to it. Ask any of the other people that have come to understand zl and mz how to explain it. I guarantee you they say the same stuff that is in these pages.

Let me ask this to those that have just come to understand it. I can't remember the names off hand of everyone.

In all honesty, does it just hit you after looking at it enough? Can it be explained any other way?


Trading this way cannot be taught, you are either a trader or you are not. However, the info in this thread can help someone turn the corner and be a trader if they were not one to start with.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Fxtraveller wrote:es/pip

I am asking myself the same question. all strategies up to now would fail, because of hard stops, because of Moving Averages, because of this and that.... but.....
once volatility decreases, there will still be momo, breakouts, trades zlined.... so could this be an eternal "method/practice" ?



as long as you stay discretionary and do not start thinking "method" or "system"


have to trade what it does not what you think it will do
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”