MO's MBT Micro

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
newschool
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby newschool » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Pablo, do you know about Darvas' boxes?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby PTG » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:25 pm

newschool wrote:Pablo, do you know about Darvas' boxes?


http://www.boxcharts.com/
This is my new signature: "new signature".

User avatar
newschool
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby newschool » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Yes PTG I was saying that because he draw something like them in his attached picture.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:38 pm

pablo101 wrote:Congrats Uncle MO :P

Image

MightyOne wrote: The chart then goes dead with extreme
quietness followed by four bodies...

bullish, bearish, bearish, bullish

that could only be considered activity after
extreme quietness.


MO, just to be on the same page, would this be where I marked up #2 on the chart?


MightyOne wrote:There is another 3-bar period of extreme
quietness and the chart closes a bullish bar
that is larger than all the previous candles.


And this is at #3 right?


MightyOne wrote:Based on this information what can you conclude?


EQ follows activity follows EQ follows activity and so on and so forth. So knowing this we can be patient, wait for EQ to end then trade?? Razz me if I'm wrong :shock:


The answer to your questions is YES

The reply to your answer is NO

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 0
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Postby pablo101 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:24 am

newschool wrote:Pablo, do you know about Darvas' boxes?


newschool: No I don't.

And thanks for the link PTG.

So some interesting reading, but how does this tie in with things? :roll:
What line? The line that tells you which way you are trading! - MO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 0
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Postby pablo101 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:30 am

MightyOne wrote:
pablo101 wrote:Congrats Uncle MO :P

Image

MightyOne wrote: The chart then goes dead with extreme
quietness followed by four bodies...

bullish, bearish, bearish, bullish

that could only be considered activity after
extreme quietness.


MO, just to be on the same page, would this be where I marked up #2 on the chart?


MightyOne wrote:There is another 3-bar period of extreme
quietness and the chart closes a bullish bar
that is larger than all the previous candles.


And this is at #3 right?


MightyOne wrote:Based on this information what can you conclude?


EQ follows activity follows EQ follows activity and so on and so forth. So knowing this we can be patient, wait for EQ to end then trade?? Razz me if I'm wrong :shock:


The answer to your questions is YES

The reply to your answer is NO


LOL, nicely worded :)

Any hints?

Accumulation and distribution?
What line? The line that tells you which way you are trading! - MO

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:59 am

pablo101 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
pablo101 wrote:Congrats Uncle MO :P

Image

MightyOne wrote: The chart then goes dead with extreme
quietness followed by four bodies...

bullish, bearish, bearish, bullish

that could only be considered activity after
extreme quietness.


MO, just to be on the same page, would this be where I marked up #2 on the chart?


MightyOne wrote:There is another 3-bar period of extreme
quietness and the chart closes a bullish bar
that is larger than all the previous candles.


And this is at #3 right?


MightyOne wrote:Based on this information what can you conclude?


EQ follows activity follows EQ follows activity and so on and so forth. So knowing this we can be patient, wait for EQ to end then trade?? Razz me if I'm wrong :shock:


The answer to your questions is YES

The reply to your answer is NO


LOL, nicely worded :)

Any hints?

Accumulation and distribution?


Smallest to largest:

EQ, non-momentum/activity, momentum

Something like this:

Image

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 am

MightyOne wrote:
pablo101 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
pablo101 wrote:Congrats Uncle MO :P

Image

MightyOne wrote: The chart then goes dead with extreme
quietness followed by four bodies...

bullish, bearish, bearish, bullish

that could only be considered activity after
extreme quietness.


MO, just to be on the same page, would this be where I marked up #2 on the chart?


MightyOne wrote:There is another 3-bar period of extreme
quietness and the chart closes a bullish bar
that is larger than all the previous candles.


And this is at #3 right?


MightyOne wrote:Based on this information what can you conclude?


EQ follows activity follows EQ follows activity and so on and so forth. So knowing this we can be patient, wait for EQ to end then trade?? Razz me if I'm wrong :shock:


The answer to your questions is YES

The reply to your answer is NO


LOL, nicely worded :)

Any hints?

Accumulation and distribution?


Smallest to largest:

EQ, non-momentum/activity, momentum

Something like this:

Image


These studies are only useful on long term charts! ! !

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:08 am

Here is another hint:

POST-MOMENTUM TRADER :wink:

User avatar
newschool
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby newschool » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Momentum = mass (volume) * velocity (price movement).

Why dont you have volume on your charts MO ?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”