Aliassmith Psychology 101 and other stuff

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5544
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:45 pm

aliassmith wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Trading according to my plan has a better expectancy than being
emotional.

Little arrows are entry and direction

Grey box are profit targets based on MightOne's Ruler of Six


Funny you say you don't trade fibs but the ruler of 6 is plotted with the fib tool
Will you please explain the calculations you use for your targets.
for some reason I'm NOT seeing what they are based on. As Bredin's targets move with the forming candle.

Maybe you can explain it differently.


Hey Procharged,

I did say I don't use FIBs. I took them off of my charts although Ruler
of six might be a good tool, I would prefer to go naked.

I think Fibs and the fact that they work (sometimes) has less to do with
the Fibs themselves and more to do with human nature and Price Action.

BTW... My current exit targets are:
*** initial SL of -5
*** candle closes against S/R smaller loss
*** adjusted SL of BE after price moves away 6 to 10 pips
*** range of +13 to +20 depending on situation (possible S/R)


That tight stop and movement of stop sounds eerily similar to this guy on this thread......extreme R:R ratios.
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=156106
A few of us are on the boat with ya.

Keep up the great progress.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
adaseb
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby adaseb » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:15 pm

aliassmith wrote:Trying to focus, had some crazy thoughts about making shorts off of
the M1 chart. :(

Need to keep focus and wait for price to go where I want to make my
decision. My trigger finger is getting itchy, so I am posting this.


What made you exit the last trade early at a small loss -1 instead of a large loss?

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:25 pm

adaseb wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Trying to focus, had some crazy thoughts about making shorts off of
the M1 chart. :(

Need to keep focus and wait for price to go where I want to make my
decision. My trigger finger is getting itchy, so I am posting this.


What made you exit the last trade early at a small loss -1 instead of a large loss?


First step "don't take large losses"

Second thing is I moved my stoploss in prematurely and it worked against
me on my next trade also :cry:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
adaseb
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby adaseb » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:27 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Trading according to my plan has a better expectancy than being
emotional.

Little arrows are entry and direction

Grey box are profit targets based on MightOne's Ruler of Six


Funny you say you don't trade fibs but the ruler of 6 is plotted with the fib tool
Will you please explain the calculations you use for your targets.
for some reason I'm NOT seeing what they are based on. As Bredin's targets move with the forming candle.

Maybe you can explain it differently.


Hey Procharged,

I did say I don't use FIBs. I took them off of my charts although Ruler
of six might be a good tool, I would prefer to go naked.

I think Fibs and the fact that they work (sometimes) has less to do with
the Fibs themselves and more to do with human nature and Price Action.

BTW... My current exit targets are:
*** initial SL of -5
*** candle closes against S/R smaller loss
*** adjusted SL of BE after price moves away 6 to 10 pips
*** range of +13 to +20 depending on situation (possible S/R)


That tight stop and movement of stop sounds eerily similar to this guy on this thread......extreme R:R ratios.
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=156106
A few of us are on the boat with ya.

Keep up the great progress.


Too bad you can't get 5second tick data anywhere to back test his theory.

With 3 pip risk and 120 pip target. You would just need 1 win every 40 trades to make a profit.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:39 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Trading according to my plan has a better expectancy than being
emotional.

Little arrows are entry and direction

Grey box are profit targets based on MightOne's Ruler of Six


Funny you say you don't trade fibs but the ruler of 6 is plotted with the fib tool
Will you please explain the calculations you use for your targets.
for some reason I'm NOT seeing what they are based on. As Bredin's targets move with the forming candle.

Maybe you can explain it differently.


Hey Procharged,

I did say I don't use FIBs. I took them off of my charts although Ruler
of six might be a good tool, I would prefer to go naked.

I think Fibs and the fact that they work (sometimes) has less to do with
the Fibs themselves and more to do with human nature and Price Action.

BTW... My current exit targets are:
*** initial SL of -5
*** candle closes against S/R smaller loss
*** adjusted SL of BE after price moves away 6 to 10 pips
*** range of +13 to +20 depending on situation (possible S/R)


That tight stop and movement of stop sounds eerily similar to this guy on this thread......extreme R:R ratios.
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=156106
A few of us are on the boat with ya.

Keep up the great progress.


Never seen Tony112. I'll take a look thanks Procharged.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
adaseb
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby adaseb » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:46 pm

aliassmith wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Trading according to my plan has a better expectancy than being
emotional.

Little arrows are entry and direction

Grey box are profit targets based on MightOne's Ruler of Six


Funny you say you don't trade fibs but the ruler of 6 is plotted with the fib tool
Will you please explain the calculations you use for your targets.
for some reason I'm NOT seeing what they are based on. As Bredin's targets move with the forming candle.

Maybe you can explain it differently.


Hey Procharged,

I did say I don't use FIBs. I took them off of my charts although Ruler
of six might be a good tool, I would prefer to go naked.

I think Fibs and the fact that they work (sometimes) has less to do with
the Fibs themselves and more to do with human nature and Price Action.

BTW... My current exit targets are:
*** initial SL of -5
*** candle closes against S/R smaller loss
*** adjusted SL of BE after price moves away 6 to 10 pips
*** range of +13 to +20 depending on situation (possible S/R)


That tight stop and movement of stop sounds eerily similar to this guy on this thread......extreme R:R ratios.
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=156106
A few of us are on the boat with ya.

Keep up the great progress.


Never seen Tony112. I'll take a look thanks Procharged.


He's been trading that way for over a year so I guess it a working method, for him at least.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:27 pm

aliassmith wrote:
adaseb wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Trying to focus, had some crazy thoughts about making shorts off of
the M1 chart. :(

Need to keep focus and wait for price to go where I want to make my
decision. My trigger finger is getting itchy, so I am posting this.


What made you exit the last trade early at a small loss -1 instead of a large loss?


First step "don't take large losses"

Second thing is I moved my stoploss in prematurely and it worked against
me on my next trade also :cry:


Posted the rest of my trades today, I was pretty nervous today. I moved
my SL too tight because of it and missed +18 pips and got -3 :oops:
Attachments
aliasmar22x.gif
aliasmar22x.gif (23.29 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 pm

aliassmith wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
adaseb wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Trying to focus, had some crazy thoughts about making shorts off of
the M1 chart. :(

Need to keep focus and wait for price to go where I want to make my
decision. My trigger finger is getting itchy, so I am posting this.


What made you exit the last trade early at a small loss -1 instead of a large loss?


First step "don't take large losses"

Second thing is I moved my stoploss in prematurely and it worked against
me on my next trade also :cry:


Posted the rest of my trades today, I was pretty nervous today. I moved
my SL too tight because of it and missed +18 pips and got -3 :oops:


Where did u end up for the day? I am on my phone and can't see the pic.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5544
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 pm

he's showing +14, +17, +19, -1, -5, -3, b/e, b/e, b/e.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 am

prochargedmopar wrote:he's showing +14, +17, +19, -1, -5, -3, b/e, b/e, b/e.



thanks


hell, thats a great day

what R/R did that net you?

i would take that total everyday and never place another trade
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”