Aliassmith Psychology 101 and other stuff

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:30 pm

es/pip wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I managed to not make any emotional entries today, BIG victory.

Exit Targets:
*** initial SL of -5
*** candle closes against S/R smaller loss
*** adjusted SL of BE after price moves away 6 to 10 pips
*** range of +13 to +20 depending on situation

15 pips average will be 25% accuracy or better to Break Even.

50% accuracy and 50 trades a month get me to my 250 pips destination.

Follow the PLAN, Follow the PLAN, Follow the Plan

Practice, practice, practice!



lol

almost looks like my m5 scalp chart-------- :D

made most of those same trades--- in those areas----

u catch this last move ----- not sure what happened but they are whacking it---- m5 came ack into a little resistance line on the m5 right before it started tanking


So you mean this one :D
I didn't catch it I was making lunch, can't get them all.
It would have been according to my plan tho.
Attachments
aliasmar18m5x.gif
aliasmar18m5x.gif (16.5 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:46 pm

aliassmith wrote:
es/pip wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I managed to not make any emotional entries today, BIG victory.

Exit Targets:
*** initial SL of -5
*** candle closes against S/R smaller loss
*** adjusted SL of BE after price moves away 6 to 10 pips
*** range of +13 to +20 depending on situation

15 pips average will be 25% accuracy or better to Break Even.

50% accuracy and 50 trades a month get me to my 250 pips destination.

Follow the PLAN, Follow the PLAN, Follow the Plan

Practice, practice, practice!



lol

almost looks like my m5 scalp chart-------- :D

made most of those same trades--- in those areas----

u catch this last move ----- not sure what happened but they are whacking it---- m5 came ack into a little resistance line on the m5 right before it started tanking


So you mean this one :D
I didn't catch it I was making lunch, can't get them all.
It would have been according to my plan tho.



yep---- :D

damn thing tanked

i only took 18 on the first move :oops:

then took 19 off the m1 on the small bounce down to h1 pivot area-- lol



Image

Image
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:02 pm

es/pip wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
es/pip wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I managed to not make any emotional entries today, BIG victory.

Exit Targets:
*** initial SL of -5
*** candle closes against S/R smaller loss
*** adjusted SL of BE after price moves away 6 to 10 pips
*** range of +13 to +20 depending on situation

15 pips average will be 25% accuracy or better to Break Even.

50% accuracy and 50 trades a month get me to my 250 pips destination.

Follow the PLAN, Follow the PLAN, Follow the Plan

Practice, practice, practice!



lol

almost looks like my m5 scalp chart-------- :D

made most of those same trades--- in those areas----

u catch this last move ----- not sure what happened but they are whacking it---- m5 came ack into a little resistance line on the m5 right before it started tanking


So you mean this one :D
I didn't catch it I was making lunch, can't get them all.
It would have been according to my plan tho.



yep---- :D

damn thing tanked

i only took 18 on the first move :oops:

then took 19 off the m1 on the small bounce down to h1 pivot area-- lol



Image

Image


Nice Job ES/PIP... my trading plan accounts for 20 pips max on that move
so that is what I would have took since it was moving so quick.

Looks like we are both focusing on EUR/USD for m5 scalping (S/R), we
probably can compare notes, although I only trade first half of US
session (mostly) :)

no emotions...it is only a game of Pac-Man
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:45 pm

I have other obligation today so have to cut it short :cry:

No emotional trades today :D
Attachments
aliasmar19.gif
aliasmar19.gif (17.81 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:54 am

US session

only traded US session today

Image
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:03 pm

es/pip wrote:US session

only traded US session today

Image


You was kickin' some but there. I don't think I can be as aggressive as
you. You did well, 24% is "nutty". :shock:

I didn't get to trade as long as I wanted Friday. I did check the charts
and according to my plan there was another nice entry for about +20
pips. Pretty much a no brainer.

Thanks for the chart. Maybe it will help me although it looks like you
confirm the trades I have on my chart. :D
Attachments
aliasmar19x.gif
aliasmar19x.gif (18.13 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:36 pm

aliassmith wrote:
es/pip wrote:US session

only traded US session today

Image


You was kickin' some but there. I don't think I can be as aggressive as
you. You did well, 24% is "nutty". :shock:

I didn't get to trade as long as I wanted Friday. I did check the charts
and according to my plan there was another nice entry for about +20
pips. Pretty much a no brainer.

Thanks for the chart. Maybe it will help me although it looks like you
confirm the trades I have on my chart. :D


i should have noted above----- some of those trades i didnt have full size on

after commish and accounting for full lot size per trade-- came out to 86 pips


so around 17ish %

:D
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:25 am

aliassmith wrote:Trading according to my plan has a better expectancy than being
emotional.

Little arrows are entry and direction

Grey box are profit targets based on MightOne's Ruler of Six


Funny you say you don't trade fibs but the ruler of 6 is plotted with the fib tool
Will you please explain the calculations you use for your targets.
for some reason I'm NOT seeing what they are based on. As Bredin's targets move with the forming candle.

Maybe you can explain it differently.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:33 am

I understand fibs, extensions, and retracements.
I understand that his is set in increments of six.

I'm NOT seeing where he pulls them from based on the last 3 candles.
thx.

I really want to take some weekly rides with my account.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
tmanbone
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:52 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby tmanbone » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:08 am

Pro you have to measure the distance of the middle size previous 3 candles high to low. Take that measurement and pull your fibs from the low extreme, in a long example, of the candle you are trading. You will not know where the candle will close. The fibs should be pulled from the bottom, in a long trade, of the candle being traded and the top will be at the calculated measurement. The extension of the fibs will give you T1 on a non-momo candle and T2 on a momo candle. Reread MO's first 3 or so post and really think about it and it will come to you. Calculate your fibs per Mo's instructions on a post on the first page of the thread. Hope this helps.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”