TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Week 7, AU Short

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:57 pm

AU Short

Entry:

Looking for a chance to add-in:

Since I entered at W1 extreme AND D1 had a strong close over the open of the previous day, naturally, I was looking for longer term possibilities:

Add-in:

Closed out all, 12pips after my add-in:

Afterwards:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Week 7, AU Short 2

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:35 pm

So, I mentioned that I tried to re-enter Short to roll over my gains into something bigger... (hoping to use the profit cushion to get to a higher leverage quicker)

AU Short

Entry:

Add-in, AVG line 9pips away:

Closed out half:

Re-entry Short:

Stopped Out:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:01 am

Forget about entries and focus on ---> Position at an extreme --->

at least a 4H but preferably daily+ (personally I won't consider anything less than a weekly extreme until > August).

Let bodies in the direction of profit be your guide, wicks in the direction of loss be your pointy places, and the accumulation of lots be your profit.

When you are confused, simply ask if price closed higher or lower than something (in general, not in the last 2 candles ;) )

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:06 am

Ask yourself, "IS PRICE TURNING?" and "WHERE WAS THE LAST TURN?"

You want to trade with the last turn or wait for the next turn.

DO NOT TRADE AGAINST THE LAST TURN.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TygerKrane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 8

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:08 pm

:!: :!: :!:

Week 8
7/16/12 - 7/20/12
10 entries
-1.25%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Tried to trade, but didn't really have much time. Did watch a lot of documentaries on the Anunnaki and Planet Nibiru tho...
Missed a great trade Long on AU (that continued throughout most of the week) b/c I got a little funky on my rules.

--Missed AU Long trade-- wrote:Image

[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 11 - 24 ¤¤§§[/font]

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback, v2.0[/font][/highlight] wrote::!: :!: :!:

Version 2.0

$1150 - 40% = $690

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 & 2 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
4/16/12 - 4/20/12
17 entries
-2.41%

Week 2
4/23/12 - 4/27/12
14 entries
-1.96%

So, I'm just updating the records before I continue b/c I do want to keep on posting my account like that.

Other than that:

My ultimate goal, is to maintain a -%5 max loss each week, while maneuvering myself into a 20% trade every 2-3 weeks. :shock:

(I hate to set limits on myself, but, I honestly can't even imagine needing to strive for anything more.)

So it looks like I will be planting 2:1lev seedlings at this point.

¤ I am still trading by just price action, but am embarking on a TOTALLY different way of viewing the charts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other than that, what I learned on vacation, is that THIS girl always cheers me the hell up:

♫♥♥ Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ♥♥♫

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

~Krane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 3 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 3
6/11/12 - 6/15/12
5 entries
-2.64%

ummm, lost 132 pips in 5 entries?? :roll:
2:1lev entries.

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 4 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 4
6/18/12 - 6/22/12
17 entries
-2.86%

Got stopped out on some trades that would've gotten me to break even for the week. Then didn't feel like trading the reversal part of my trading plan {AU Short}-- which would've brought me over the top for a positive week.
But I can say for certain...WAITING is not my problem.
    [¤1] I'm s-u-p-e-r comfortable with my entry checklist
    [¤2] If the market moves without me, I only have minimal attachment to the pips that could've been. {...for the time being...}

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 5 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 5
6/25/12 - 6/29/12
23 entries
7.63%

The weekly gain was almost not as much as you see there. After stalking GU for a bit, I caught a great Short on it, added into, and watched it keep going in my direction. I then started looking at W1 chart to see where I might could target for long term. At some point I decided to just get out though, and it was one hell of an exit. I got out 6.5pips above the low 2 hours before it started it's reverse ALL THE WAY BACK TO MY ORIGINAL ENTRY!! Of course for me, that was pure luck as an exit.
For the coming week, I kind of want to use some of this profit to perhaps build leverage into my trades more quickly and aim for shorter targets.

Other than that, kind of want to remind myself of this:

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 6 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 6
7/2/12 - 7/6/12
25 entries
Realized=2.81% | Unrealized=4.61%

Caught about 2 or 3 trades with greater than 100pip gains, so I am more encouraged with managing that for getting to higher leverage quicker. I noticed something this week tho, it's simple, but still... I realized that the major part of me keeping a -5% max Weekly Loss comes from taking my losses at 2:1lev. I noticed froma trade that I got careless on that if I add into a trade, I can't handle price crossing back over my average line at higher leverages. So basically, right now, I'm only comfortable with taking losses at 2:1lev, while trying to make my gains at 4 / 8 / 12 / 20:1lev. (I know I'm not saying anything remarkable here.) I know that getting back to SPACE Wars would be nice as well. But for the time being, I'm digging deep inside to see if I can do anything else besides move my SL to my average line once I add-in.

Other than that, I HATE when I'm in a trade, and think I notice something in PA that will improve my overall comfort in making future trading decisions, but then when I go back to look at pics, the idea seems to have gotten lost. :cry:

Also, I won't have internet at my house for the next day or two cuz of some stupid incident, so that is a real pain in the a$$ as well.

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 7 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 7
7/9/12 - 7/13/12
29 entries
-1.67% (calculated from last weeks "Realized")

I am actually REALLY shocked that was all my weekly losses amounted to. I started the week on an a super-aggressive bet that I lost on, and then I just seemed to be stuck on stupid. In all honesty, by the end of Wednesday I was all set to keep my trading station closed for the rest of the week, b/c I was sure my losses were at 'that point'. I totally almost posted my weekly recap post Wednesday night. I put on one last trade, switching my bias prematurely, and woke up to some nice pips. My weekly losses would've been closer to break-even, but I boldly kept putting some of that 'profit' back out there, to try and roll it into greater gains.
But man was I stuck on stupid, how my entries kept getting stopped out.
Also --for the sake of worthless bragging-- I exited another big trade just *7pips* off of its reversal point, from where price made it all the way back up to my entry. So, I'm trying to get my mind right for doing these longer term trades (1-2 weeks) that I would love to catch. I don't want to hold on to something that gave me a lot of pips just to have it come back to me, so I have to stay careful about at what point do I stop considering that PA is doing a 'correction' and just close the trade off; giving up on hopes of adding-in. It sucks to have a lot of SPACE and not work it for all it's worth.

Last edited by TygerKrane on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TygerKrane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 9, 10

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Week 9
7/23/12 - 7/27/12
20 entries
-8.24%

I reached close to my trading limit, then forgot how close how close I was, and kept on trading, but a bit more aggressive as the EA was keeping my interest. But in the end, it was whipping around alot so it was impossible to hold anything long term.

On a positive note, I made it through my yearly job performance review smelling like roses, so I can count on being there a little while longer as I try to make everything I know about trading come together. So that I don't have to be there a little while longer :D

Week 10
7/30/12 - 8/03/12
0 entries
0%

Was feeling comfortable enough to trade considering the previous week, but decided to just observe charts and entries throughout the week.
Another way you could look at it is to say I lost -4.12% over 2 weeks; in which case I've kept to my max weekly loss :lol:

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback, v2.0[/font][/highlight] wrote::!: :!: :!:

Version 2.0

$1150 - 40% = $690

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 & 2 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
4/16/12 - 4/20/12
17 entries
-2.41%

Week 2
4/23/12 - 4/27/12
14 entries
-1.96%

So, I'm just updating the records before I continue b/c I do want to keep on posting my account like that.

Other than that:

My ultimate goal, is to maintain a -%5 max loss each week, while maneuvering myself into a 20% trade every 2-3 weeks. :shock:

(I hate to set limits on myself, but, I honestly can't even imagine needing to strive for anything more.)

So it looks like I will be planting 2:1lev seedlings at this point.

¤ I am still trading by just price action, but am embarking on a TOTALLY different way of viewing the charts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other than that, what I learned on vacation, is that THIS girl always cheers me the hell up:

♫♥♥ Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ♥♥♫

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

~Krane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 3 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 3
6/11/12 - 6/15/12
5 entries
-2.64%

ummm, lost 132 pips in 5 entries?? :roll:
2:1lev entries.

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 4 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 4
6/18/12 - 6/22/12
17 entries
-2.86%

Got stopped out on some trades that would've gotten me to break even for the week. Then didn't feel like trading the reversal part of my trading plan {AU Short}-- which would've brought me over the top for a positive week.
But I can say for certain...WAITING is not my problem.
    [¤1] I'm s-u-p-e-r comfortable with my entry checklist
    [¤2] If the market moves without me, I only have minimal attachment to the pips that could've been. {...for the time being...}

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 5 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 5
6/25/12 - 6/29/12
23 entries
7.63%

The weekly gain was almost not as much as you see there. After stalking GU for a bit, I caught a great Short on it, added into, and watched it keep going in my direction. I then started looking at W1 chart to see where I might could target for long term. At some point I decided to just get out though, and it was one hell of an exit. I got out 6.5pips above the low 2 hours before it started it's reverse ALL THE WAY BACK TO MY ORIGINAL ENTRY!! Of course for me, that was pure luck as an exit.
For the coming week, I kind of want to use some of this profit to perhaps build leverage into my trades more quickly and aim for shorter targets.

Other than that, kind of want to remind myself of this:

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 6 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 6
7/2/12 - 7/6/12
25 entries
Realized=2.81% | Unrealized=4.61%

Caught about 2 or 3 trades with greater than 100pip gains, so I am more encouraged with managing that for getting to higher leverage quicker. I noticed something this week tho, it's simple, but still... I realized that the major part of me keeping a -5% max Weekly Loss comes from taking my losses at 2:1lev. I noticed froma trade that I got careless on that if I add into a trade, I can't handle price crossing back over my average line at higher leverages. So basically, right now, I'm only comfortable with taking losses at 2:1lev, while trying to make my gains at 4 / 8 / 12 / 20:1lev. (I know I'm not saying anything remarkable here.) I know that getting back to SPACE Wars would be nice as well. But for the time being, I'm digging deep inside to see if I can do anything else besides move my SL to my average line once I add-in.

Other than that, I HATE when I'm in a trade, and think I notice something in PA that will improve my overall comfort in making future trading decisions, but then when I go back to look at pics, the idea seems to have gotten lost. :cry:

Also, I won't have internet at my house for the next day or two cuz of some stupid incident, so that is a real pain in the a$$ as well.

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 7 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 7
7/9/12 - 7/13/12
29 entries
-1.67% (calculated from last weeks "Realized")

I am actually REALLY shocked that was all my weekly losses amounted to. I started the week on an a super-aggressive bet that I lost on, and then I just seemed to be stuck on stupid. In all honesty, by the end of Wednesday I was all set to keep my trading station closed for the rest of the week, b/c I was sure my losses were at 'that point'. I totally almost posted my weekly recap post Wednesday night. I put on one last trade, switching my bias prematurely, and woke up to some nice pips. My weekly losses would've been closer to break-even, but I boldly kept putting some of that 'profit' back out there, to try and roll it into greater gains.
But man was I stuck on stupid, how my entries kept getting stopped out.
Also --for the sake of worthless bragging-- I exited another big trade just *7pips* off of its reversal point, from where price made it all the way back up to my entry. So, I'm trying to get my mind right for doing these longer term trades (1-2 weeks) that I would love to catch. I don't want to hold on to something that gave me a lot of pips just to have it come back to me, so I have to stay careful about at what point do I stop considering that PA is doing a 'correction' and just close the trade off; giving up on hopes of adding-in. It sucks to have a lot of SPACE and not work it for all it's worth.

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 8 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 8
7/16/12 - 7/20/12
10 entries
-1.25%

Tried to trade, but didn't really have much time. Did watch a lot of documentaries on the Anunnaki and Planet Nibiru tho...
Missed a great trade Long on AU (that continued throughout most of the week) b/c I got a little funky on my rules.

--Missed AU Long trade-- wrote:Image

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:54 am

Tygs, the 'great long trade' on AU was out of .96, headed for 1.08 ;)
We are now in the top 1/3 of that trade, with what looks like R->S (cant remember val, not at my comp now), and the acceleration into the close.

It appears the bankers have shaken out enough of the retail traders from their longs at good prices.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

TygerKrane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 11, 12

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:00 pm

:!::!::!:

Week 11
8/06/12 - 8/10/12
32 entries
1.84%

Had close to 4% losses during the week, then managed to pull off a 5.8% trade on Friday.

Week 12
8/13/12 - 8/17/12
9 entries
-4.61%

I want to try and think more about this thing that I said in another thread:

So I thought to myself:
[1]-Big Loss__ = behind my Entry Price or Average Price at greater than 2:1lev
[2]-Small Loss = behind my Entry Price or Average Price at 2:1lev
[3]-Small Win..= Take Profits at 2:1lev (i.e. taking a profit without adding-in)
[4]-Big Win___= Take Profits at greater than 2:1lev
--- just prevent #1

[hr][hr][hr]
So, I notice now that my average SL size is now 13-20pips.
For a few weeks now, I've been trading only in the week's direction, recently I've been breaking from that guideline here and there. I kind of want to do away with it completely moving forward now, but since I am now in my busy season, I'm thinking that maybe I should keep having this predetermined direction for another 2-3 weeks and not give myself something else to think about during this period. But the other part of me just wants to trade freely after all this time of restricting myself.

[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]
Last edited by TygerKrane on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TygerKrane

Week 13 = Casino-mode

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:09 am

Busy season does the craziest things to me :shock:

Imagine if you will, 30:1lev from 1.0471, having 45pips on the trade.
Currently being only @2.3% up on the week. (b/c busy season put me more in Casino-mode than Trader-mode.)
Knowing that if price makes it back up to the average I will be down about -10% on the week.

Then, Looking at the weekly and seeing a Close Over Open, plus a Short MOMO getting Zlined. (Yes, I DO see the weekly consolidation from a few months back that this last uptrend has crossed above.)

Why haven't I moved my stops yet? (or have a scaling out plan in place?)
Probably b/c Casino-mode already had me looking at -10% on the week, soooo...meh :roll:

Busy season does the craziest things to me

TygerKrane

Re: Week 13 = Casino-mode

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:17 am

Good time to pullout and wait for a higher reentry Short, I'd say...

Return to “beginners forum”