TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Re: Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 13

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:28 pm

:!::!::!:

Image

Week 13
8/20/12 - 8/24/12
23 entries
15.65%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, imagine me, back here again, I haven't seen this type of account balance since...well, since I started Self-Discipline 2.0. So I guess this is a lot like a kind of reboot for my whole program.
    "Failure is the Opportunity to begin again, More Intelligently." -Henry Ford
Though it's great to be back here, I can't get too excited b/c I don't know if I have gained enough wisdom to prevent me from suffering a lot of losses to my account again. I've learned a lot of somethings, yes, and maybe even some lessons that I can't put into words yet, but, what I really would like to know is "Why is it so easy to lose consistently?"
§ So, my official gain on the week is 15.65%, but if we were to calculate my gain from my lowest balance amount (as was seen in the picture 2 posts back), then from $888.44 to my end of week balance, it was actually a gain of 29.81%, which does make me kind of giddy.
§ If this week was traded in a more professional manner, I would be SO ready to consider this a reason for a Level-Up-► Avatar change, I desperately want one of those!
§ As for the upcoming week however, it's do-or-die for my busy season, so it is probably best that I don't do any trading and not even LOOK at a live chart. So it should be a good time to reread through my thread a bit and also my screenshots.

In exception to all my stupidity from the week, I actually did take some good trades worthy of posting, that I would LOVE to repeat in the future.




[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 11 - 24 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback, v2.0[/font][/highlight] wrote:
Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 11 & 12 wrote::!::!::!:

Image

Week 11
8/06/12 - 8/10/12
32 entries
1.84%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Had close to 4% losses during the week, then managed to pull off a 5.8% trade on Friday.




:!: :!: :!:

Image

Week 12
8/13/12 - 8/17/12
9 entries
-4.61%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I want to try and think more about this thing that I said in another thread:

So I thought to myself:
[1]-Big Loss__ = behind my Entry Price or Average Price at greater than 2:1lev
[2]-Small Loss = behind my Entry Price or Average Price at 2:1lev
[3]-Small Win..= Take Profits at 2:1lev (i.e. taking a profit without adding-in)
[4]-Big Win___= Take Profits at greater than 2:1lev
--- just prevent #1



[hr][hr][hr]
So, I notice now that my average SL size is now 13-20pips.
For a few weeks now, I've been trading only in the week's direction, recently I've been breaking from that guideline here and there. I kind of want to do away with it completely moving forward now, but since I am now in my busy season, I'm thinking that maybe I should keep having this predetermined direction for another 2-3 weeks and not give myself something else to think about during this period. But the other part of me just wants to trade freely after all this time of restricting myself.

Last edited by TygerKrane on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby dojirock » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:50 pm

"Comeback is a good word, man" -[I]Mickey Rourke

:D :smt024
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

SPACE WARS reminder

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:54 am

Just a reminder of the type of planning that I want to be thinking about:

:idea: MightyOne :idea: wrote:You can plan this way on any chart, even a minute chart:


Image

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:20 am

+15.65%? Where did that come from! =) That is awesome!

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Image

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Final Week

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:58 pm

:!::!::!:

Image

Week 21
10/22/12 - 10/26/12
5 entries
0.42%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Week 14: 15 trades...... -1.47%
Week 15: 8 trades........ -1.55%
Week 16: 22 trades....... 2.63%
Week 17: 22 trades...... -7.84%
Week 18: 14 trades...... -3.83%
Week 19: 27 trades...... -2.07%
Week 20: 8 trades........ -1.69%


So, even though I hadn't been posting my results on a weekly basis like I intended, I was still keeping track of everything. Seeing that it has now been a year that I was carrying this out, I can now comfortably, formally bring it to an end.

I've definitely found my final chart setup that I wish to stick with:

Image


I can see all the timeframes at once...so I guess I really am trying to become a Multi-TimeFrame Master. (and sometimes I put a D1 CC overlay on the H3 chart if I need a little help choosing a direction.)


Other than that, I also ended up doing a lot of trading on my phone recently, I can actually get into my trading account and place a trade on my phone before the startup screen has even finished loading on my computer.
I've also gotten used to looking at the different timeframes on my phone, and mentally combining them to get this:

Image


So it makes it even easier to get a full picture and trade in the middle of night without even having to turn on my computer.


Other than that, I just have a bunch of trading ideas from my screenshots to write down and organize, b/c I'm trying to remain flexible, but sometimes things can get jumbled up when I am trying to make a decision. For example, I need a better balance of when to set my Take Profit for closer S&R on my entry timeframe vs when to transition and aim for S&R on higher timeframes.





[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 11 - 24 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback, v2.0[/font][/highlight] wrote:
Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 11 & 12 wrote::!::!::!:

Image

Week 11
8/06/12 - 8/10/12
32 entries
1.84%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Had close to 4% losses during the week, then managed to pull off a 5.8% trade on Friday.




:!: :!: :!:

Image

Week 12
8/13/12 - 8/17/12
9 entries
-4.61%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I want to try and think more about this thing that I said in another thread:

So I thought to myself:
[1]-Big Loss__ = behind my Entry Price or Average Price at greater than 2:1lev
[2]-Small Loss = behind my Entry Price or Average Price at 2:1lev
[3]-Small Win..= Take Profits at 2:1lev (i.e. taking a profit without adding-in)
[4]-Big Win___= Take Profits at greater than 2:1lev
--- just prevent #1



[hr][hr][hr]
So, I notice now that my average SL size is now 13-20pips.
For a few weeks now, I've been trading only in the week's direction, recently I've been breaking from that guideline here and there. I kind of want to do away with it completely moving forward now, but since I am now in my busy season, I'm thinking that maybe I should keep having this predetermined direction for another 2-3 weeks and not give myself something else to think about during this period. But the other part of me just wants to trade freely after all this time of restricting myself.



Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 13 wrote::!::!::!:

Image

Week 13
8/20/12 - 8/24/12
23 entries
15.65%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, imagine me, back here again, I haven't seen this type of account balance since...well, since I started Self-Discipline 2.0. So I guess this is a lot like a kind of reboot for my whole program.
    "Failure is the Opportunity to begin again, More Intelligently." -Henry Ford
Though it's great to be back here, I can't get too excited b/c I don't know if I have gained enough wisdom to prevent me from suffering a lot of losses to my account again. I've learned a lot of somethings, yes, and maybe even some lessons that I can't put into words yet, but, what I really would like to know is "Why is it so easy to lose consistently?"
§ So, my official gain on the week is 15.65%, but if we were to calculate my gain from my lowest balance amount (as was seen in the picture 2 posts back), then from $888.44 to my end of week balance, it was actually a gain of 29.81%, which does make me kind of giddy.
§ If this week was traded in a more professional manner, I would be SO ready to consider this a reason for a Level-Up-► Avatar change, I desperately want one of those!
§ As for the upcoming week however, it's do-or-die for my busy season, so it is probably best that I don't do any trading and not even LOOK at a live chart. So it should be a good time to reread through my thread a bit and also my screenshots.

In exception to all my stupidity from the week, I actually did take some good trades worthy of posting, that I would LOVE to repeat in the future.


**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:56 am

A Trade from the day that I really liked.
Well, I really like the entry part, I exited upon reaching previous highs (which is a good place if I am just feeling chicken); however, in my plan, I am trying to exit upon seeing weakness in the M20 first)


TRADE, EJ Long, 12-18-12, 01:

Image

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby dojirock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:54 am

Good to see ya posting! Awesome entry.

Starting to feel alone here at KR......

:D
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO

"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."

"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

User avatar
dojirock
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby dojirock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:57 am

Im not sure if this will help you..

but if you look at every time frame on your charts..nothing indicates reversal.
What I mean by that, since I dont understand your way of seeing things but the very thing that tells you to go long will happen to tell you when to go short or exit. (at least it should)
But still awesome trade.
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO

"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."

"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

User avatar
TygerKrane
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:45 pm

dojirock wrote:Im not sure if this will help you..

but if you look at every time frame on your charts..nothing indicates reversal.
What I mean by that, since I dont understand your way of seeing things but the very thing that tells you to go long will happen to tell you when to go short or exit. (at least it should)
But still awesome trade.

Yeah, I was just being chicken
:smt117

As for what I'm seeing:

I'm trying to see all angles at once~

Image


But keeping an eye out for Longs and Shorts at same time is also a good perspective to keep~

Image


Thanks for the reminder Doji!

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “beginners forum”