TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Week 5, Great GU trade

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:55 am

GU Short

Entry:

Stopped Out:

Re-entry Short:

Add-in:

Add-in again: [highlight=grey]((my first AVG line @5568 got wicked while I was asleep :x ))[/highlight]

At this point I am thinking that for starters I will start to add-in more to set my averages to trail the candle highs on this particular H3 shift. At some point I would stop the trade, but I would ultimately be re-entering Short (and using some SPACE) to take this move down to 1.5376 area: ((the below picture was taken towards the end of the week, not at the time I had these thoughts))

But decided I would rather take profit, and have a little bit more seedling money for next week (besides I hadn't posted a positive week in awhile, so wanted to guarantee that as well)

Exit:

And to think that I was ready to seriously commit to the Short after that initial upswing volatility that I started my Short Entries from. Crazy Lucky that I happened to exit 6.5 pips from the low of the move!!:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:49 pm

TygerKrane wrote:It's a shame that I REALLY have to go to sleep.
I think I'll set a Stop Limit Order @99.75... (for a Short)

:-k :-k :-k

Entry: (with Stop Limit Order)

Exit:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Week 5, ECad Short

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:05 pm

ECad Short

Entry:

Decision NOT TO add-in: (still a bit anxious about losing pips)

Exit:

Afterwards:

TygerKrane

MightyOne image Remixes

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Because I know you guys secretly love it whenever I scribble all over MightyOne's images :o

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:41 pm

So we have:
1)Entry Short, 5:1lev @151.96
2)88pips later, 2nd Entry, 5:1lev @151.08, (at this point, you are up 4.4%; 88pips away from your 5:1lev Entry line)
3)92pips later, 3rd Entry, 10:1lev @150.16 (at this point, you are up 9.2%; 92pips away from your 10:1lev Average line)
4)302pips after the 3rd Entry, exit @147.14 (at this point, you are up 74%; 370pips away from your 20:1lev Average line)

**Total Distance: 482pips for 74%

:-k :-k :-k

TygerKrane

A Recipe for Good Gains

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:47 pm

So the previous post, and this other post are two trade ideas posted by MightyOne that torment me.

They present a simple recipe for trading that I would like to duplicate at least once every other week to give my account dependable, yet Amazing growth.
One trade is demonstrated on a H4 chart and takes 3 - 3.5 days in the example to complete, so yes, once every other week would be cool. The other trade is demonstrated on an M5 chart and takes 9 hours to complete, so duplicating the recipe for that type of trade even just once a week would be great.

So what do I see when I look at the two trades?
http://i41.tinypic.com/a34gx.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/zo8d5.png

Following the trade on the H4 is less stressful I suppose:
Your 10:1lev avg line is 44pips away from your 2nd entry
Your 20:1lev avg line is 68pips away from your 3rd entry

Following the trade on the M5 however...:
Your 10:1lev avg line is 7pips away from your 2nd entry
Your 20:1lev avg line is 12pips away from your 3rd entry

I have NO IDEA how I could sanely have my 20:1lev line be only 12pips away from my entry.
Ok, so the picture says that -4.5% loss is 22.5pips beyond that 20:1lev line.
(And a 2% loss is 10pips beyond that 20:1lev line.)

{Need I remind you that I am trying to keep my weekly loss to -5% max}

I can only think, that I might move my SL, to somewhere like Breakeven up to 2.5pips max beyond that 20:1lev line so that at I would only be risking .5% at the most if the trade goes against me.

TygerKrane

Week 6, EJ Short

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:58 pm

hey doji, I got an EJ Short too!

Entry:

Add-in: (had a Limit Order set to catch a breakout)

Add-in: (manual entry)

Exit: (the green circle is my last entry, the exit is where you see it)

Afterwards:

TygerKrane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 6

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:40 pm

:!: :!: :!:

Week 6
7/2/12 - 7/6/12
25 entries
Realized=2.81% | Unrealized=4.61%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Caught about 2 or 3 trades with greater than 100pip gains, so I am more encouraged with managing that for getting to higher leverage quicker. I noticed something this week tho, it's simple, but still... I realized that the major part of me keeping a -5% max Weekly Loss comes from taking my losses at 2:1lev. I noticed froma trade that I got careless on that if I add into a trade, I can't handle price crossing back over my average line at higher leverages. So basically, right now, I'm only comfortable with taking losses at 2:1lev, while trying to make my gains at 4 / 8 / 12 / 20:1lev. (I know I'm not saying anything remarkable here.) I know that getting back to SPACE Wars would be nice as well. But for the time being, I'm digging deep inside to see if I can do anything else besides move my SL to my average line once I add-in.

Other than that, I HATE when I'm in a trade, and think I notice something in PA that will improve my overall comfort in making future trading decisions, but then when I go back to look at pics, the idea seems to have gotten lost. :cry:

Also, I won't have internet at my house for the next day or two cuz of some stupid incident, so that is a real pain in the a$$ as well.

[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 11 - 24 ¤¤§§[/font]

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback, v2.0[/font][/highlight] wrote::!: :!: :!:

Version 2.0

$1150 - 40% = $690

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 & 2 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
4/16/12 - 4/20/12
17 entries
-2.41%

Week 2
4/23/12 - 4/27/12
14 entries
-1.96%

So, I'm just updating the records before I continue b/c I do want to keep on posting my account like that.

Other than that:

My ultimate goal, is to maintain a -%5 max loss each week, while maneuvering myself into a 20% trade every 2-3 weeks. :shock:

(I hate to set limits on myself, but, I honestly can't even imagine needing to strive for anything more.)

So it looks like I will be planting 2:1lev seedlings at this point.

¤ I am still trading by just price action, but am embarking on a TOTALLY different way of viewing the charts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other than that, what I learned on vacation, is that THIS girl always cheers me the hell up:

♫♥♥ Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ♥♥♫

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

~Krane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 3 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 3
6/11/12 - 6/15/12
5 entries
-2.64%

ummm, lost 132 pips in 5 entries?? :roll:
2:1lev entries.

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 4 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 4
6/18/12 - 6/22/12
17 entries
-2.86%

Got stopped out on some trades that would've gotten me to break even for the week. Then didn't feel like trading the reversal part of my trading plan {AU Short}-- which would've brought me over the top for a positive week.
But I can say for certain...WAITING is not my problem.
    [¤1] I'm s-u-p-e-r comfortable with my entry checklist
    [¤2] If the market moves without me, I only have minimal attachment to the pips that could've been. {...for the time being...}

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 5 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 5
6/25/12 - 6/29/12
23 entries
7.63%

The weekly gain was almost not as much as you see there. After stalking GU for a bit, I caught a great Short on it, added into, and watched it keep going in my direction. I then started looking at W1 chart to see where I might could target for long term. At some point I decided to just get out though, and it was one hell of an exit. I got out 6.5pips above the low 2 hours before it started it's reverse ALL THE WAY BACK TO MY ORIGINAL ENTRY!! Of course for me, that was pure luck as an exit.
For the coming week, I kind of want to use some of this profit to perhaps build leverage into my trades more quickly and aim for shorter targets.

Other than that, kind of want to remind myself of this:

Brookmyre

Re: Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 6

Postby Brookmyre » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 am

I'm digging deep inside to see if I can do anything else besides move my SL to my average line once I add-in.

Hey TK,

Just an idea....have you considered that closing the add/s above your average line (assuming a long trade) will push your average line back down away from current price action...? Giving you an alternative to a stop...
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

TygerKrane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 7

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Week 7
7/9/12 - 7/13/12
29 entries
-1.67% (calculated from last weeks "Realized")

I am actually REALLY shocked that was all my weekly losses amounted to. I started the week on an a super-aggressive bet that I lost on, and then I just seemed to be stuck on stupid. In all honesty, by the end of Wednesday I was all set to keep my trading station closed for the rest of the week, b/c I was sure my losses were at 'that point'. I totally almost posted my weekly recap post Wednesday night. I put on one last trade, switching my bias prematurely, and woke up to some nice pips. My weekly losses would've been closer to break-even, but I boldly kept putting some of that 'profit' back out there, to try and roll it into greater gains.
But man was I stuck on stupid, how my entries kept getting stopped out.
Also --for the sake of worthless bragging-- I exited another big trade just *7pips* off of its reversal point, from where price made it all the way back up to my entry. So, I'm trying to get my mind right for doing these longer term trades (1-2 weeks) that I would love to catch. I don't want to hold on to something that gave me a lot of pips just to have it come back to me, so I have to stay careful about at what point do I stop considering that PA is doing a 'correction' and just close the trade off; giving up on hopes of adding-in. It sucks to have a lot of SPACE and not work it for all it's worth.

[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 11 - 24 ¤¤§§[/font]

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback, v2.0[/font][/highlight] wrote::!: :!: :!:

Version 2.0

$1150 - 40% = $690

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 & 2 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
4/16/12 - 4/20/12
17 entries
-2.41%

Week 2
4/23/12 - 4/27/12
14 entries
-1.96%

So, I'm just updating the records before I continue b/c I do want to keep on posting my account like that.

Other than that:

My ultimate goal, is to maintain a -%5 max loss each week, while maneuvering myself into a 20% trade every 2-3 weeks. :shock:

(I hate to set limits on myself, but, I honestly can't even imagine needing to strive for anything more.)

So it looks like I will be planting 2:1lev seedlings at this point.

¤ I am still trading by just price action, but am embarking on a TOTALLY different way of viewing the charts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other than that, what I learned on vacation, is that THIS girl always cheers me the hell up:

♫♥♥ Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ♥♥♫

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

~Krane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 3 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 3
6/11/12 - 6/15/12
5 entries
-2.64%

ummm, lost 132 pips in 5 entries?? :roll:
2:1lev entries.

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 4 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 4
6/18/12 - 6/22/12
17 entries
-2.86%

Got stopped out on some trades that would've gotten me to break even for the week. Then didn't feel like trading the reversal part of my trading plan {AU Short}-- which would've brought me over the top for a positive week.
But I can say for certain...WAITING is not my problem.
    [¤1] I'm s-u-p-e-r comfortable with my entry checklist
    [¤2] If the market moves without me, I only have minimal attachment to the pips that could've been. {...for the time being...}

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 5 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 5
6/25/12 - 6/29/12
23 entries
7.63%

The weekly gain was almost not as much as you see there. After stalking GU for a bit, I caught a great Short on it, added into, and watched it keep going in my direction. I then started looking at W1 chart to see where I might could target for long term. At some point I decided to just get out though, and it was one hell of an exit. I got out 6.5pips above the low 2 hours before it started it's reverse ALL THE WAY BACK TO MY ORIGINAL ENTRY!! Of course for me, that was pure luck as an exit.
For the coming week, I kind of want to use some of this profit to perhaps build leverage into my trades more quickly and aim for shorter targets.

Other than that, kind of want to remind myself of this:

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 6 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 6
7/2/12 - 7/6/12
25 entries
Realized=2.81% | Unrealized=4.61%

Caught about 2 or 3 trades with greater than 100pip gains, so I am more encouraged with managing that for getting to higher leverage quicker. I noticed something this week tho, it's simple, but still... I realized that the major part of me keeping a -5% max Weekly Loss comes from taking my losses at 2:1lev. I noticed froma trade that I got careless on that if I add into a trade, I can't handle price crossing back over my average line at higher leverages. So basically, right now, I'm only comfortable with taking losses at 2:1lev, while trying to make my gains at 4 / 8 / 12 / 20:1lev. (I know I'm not saying anything remarkable here.) I know that getting back to SPACE Wars would be nice as well. But for the time being, I'm digging deep inside to see if I can do anything else besides move my SL to my average line once I add-in.

Other than that, I HATE when I'm in a trade, and think I notice something in PA that will improve my overall comfort in making future trading decisions, but then when I go back to look at pics, the idea seems to have gotten lost. :cry:

Also, I won't have internet at my house for the next day or two cuz of some stupid incident, so that is a real pain in the a$$ as well.

TygerKrane

Re: Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 6

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Brookmyre wrote:
I'm digging deep inside to see if I can do anything else besides move my SL to my average line once I add-in.

Hey TK,

Just an idea....have you considered that closing the add/s above your average line (assuming a long trade) will push your average line back down away from current price action...? Giving you an alternative to a stop...

USA has FIFO rules, so that is a no-can-do.

But that is what the formula for SPACE Wars is for, with it, you can account for where your money rests for any number of trades, regardless of whatever trades you have opened or closed.
You can use it to see where your initial risk is on the chart, or you can use it to keep track of the line between your money and 'their' money when you are making multiple trades.

Return to “beginners forum”