TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

bredin

Postby bredin » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:10 pm

tygs,

I was inferring that you could use the API at II to upload the pics that you wanted to post here... since you have to have at least one other browser window open to upload pics to and it still gives you the tinypic code after uploading ;)

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Re: Instant Self-Discipline

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:03 am

:idea: MightyOne :idea: {Sep. 22, 2010} wrote:
lukx wrote:Kids, Do NOT TRY THIS at home :) this how ends trading off the extreme and not using SL like MO in my case :) :

bye bye another account .

No, not like MO :lol:

MO trades in the direction of profit and only has 4.5-5% of his account at risk on a single trade.

My initial position size is such that a 45-90 pip move against me would amount to a loss of 4.5%; not that I would sit there and do nothing as price moved 90 pips against me...

So please spare me your quarter-flip entries, lack of planning, and overall idiocy :wink:
[highlight=#bbbbbb]<The above post calculates to 5:1lev ~ 10:1lev for the initial position size>[/highlight]

[highlight=#FFCCCC][font=Lucida Console]¤I'll try to limit my losses to -5% a week. [/font][/highlight]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Entries at:[/font]
2:1 lev = -250pips = -5%
5:1 lev = -100pips = -5%
10:1 lev = -50pips = -5%

:-k :-k :-k

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:06 am

bredin wrote:tygs,

I was inferring that you could use the API at II to upload the pics that you wanted to post here... since you have to have at least one other browser window open to upload pics to and it still gives you the tinypic code after uploading ;)

G.
:shock: :idea:

"Ahh, I see," said the blind man Image

:wink:

Thanks bredz!

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:29 am

Interesting how there is a Japanese interventionist move where the JPY pairs go +180pips in 5 mins, but price returns right back to where it started within 30 hours except for the UJ??? (No, I don't bother to check GJ, or CadJ.)

A bit more successful for the UJ I guess, but otherwise...

UJ:

AJ, ChfJ, EJ:

Last edited by TygerKrane on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bredin

Postby bredin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:22 am

Currency Intervention doesnt work.

I though this was established in the early nineties when a bunch of "rouge" traders went around destroying currencies... the British govt tried to 'protect' the pound and got... well... pounded... cost the brittish taxpayer billions and did nothing. Othe than transfer those billions to the traders, that is.

G. (Those who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it)
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Favorite YouTube comment of the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG0onHVyRtM

TygerKrane

Re: Instant Self-Discipline, Week 1

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:01 pm

:!: :!: :!:

Week 1
10/30/11 - 11/4/11
43 entries
-4.22%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

First off, I'll start off by saying that it was actually a surprise to me, and that in a little way, I'm kind of glad with the outcome of this week. I maintained a small level of losses each day, but on Friday, I got caught up in some NFP nastiness, and so I was pretty certain that my losses where somewhere in the -6% area. So I was elated to see that I hadn't even crossed 4.5%. Probably just goes to show, having the discipline to keep losses small, and a Marathon Mentality might can help to make things pay off in the end.

I did start this off VERY slow however, I'm not trying to show off and be macho, and that was a good thing. All my entries were at 1:1 , 2:1 leverage and I couldn't get a damn thing to stick, it was disgusting really, it could've been a morale killer. It got so much so, to the point that I actually meditated twice this week to try and get back in touch with Whatever-The-Hell-It-Was that made me so confident in the first place :o .

This week coming up will be a short one for me, I'm going to Cali for my birthday :smt113 , so I'll probably only have two good days to look at the market. {If I trade while on vacation in Cali, then I'm obviously doing something WRONG :!: } I assume that the week after might be kind of slow as I get readjusted when I come back as well. This is beginning to make my experiment sound very boring isn't it? Slow week this, low leverage that, excuses excuses...

Other than that, been thinking of some ways to fine tune my entry algorithm.

Charts to follow in next post.

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback[/font][/highlight] wrote:
Week 0 wrote::!: :!: :!:

I think that I know what I'm doing, but one of my current weaknesses is that when I'm on my own trading, sometimes I get these megalomaniac visions of grandeur. Definite account killer.
So I figure I might put myself out there for public scrutiny to make myself a bit more accountable for my actions. I remember when prochargedmopar was posting his account (I think sometime last year, or late 2009), I thought that was heroic. :oops: :smt055 :smt066

The first two weeks at the very least will start off very slow, as I will feel a bit more cautious/apprehensive at the start of this Instant Self-Discipline experiment, but there is no doubt that this will be a GOOD kind of caution.

¤I'll do this at the end of each week. I have no idea how this will turn out (I couldn't fully tell you which side of the 95% I am on just yet.)
¤I'll try to limit my losses to -5% a week.
¤I'll go back into the shadows to regroup and reorganize if my balance gets -40% from this starting point.

As LittleKnown pointed out earlier, {paraphrase}"Won't this put unnecessary added pressure on myself?"
I can only say, back in his prime, Mike Tyson was knocking the heads off of 95% of the people out there; so I wouldn't be too embarrassed if I went in the ring with him and people saw me get my head knocked off too.
95% of traders fail, therefore...

Basically, for my [font=Comic Sans MS]current [/font] level of trading ability, I need to remember to keep a Marathon Mentality, and not the mentality for a Mad-Dash-for-Cash.

I will probably start off each week, and every few days by watching, We Are Traders - A Tribute to All Those Trading the Markets. 8)

TygerKrane

Week 1 trades

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Sweetest trade of the week UCad short, again UCad giving me some nice pips during the London session.
1.6:1 lev
73pips

Entry:

Exit:

[I wanted to post pictures of some of my losing trades, but I realize that I never take exit screenshots of my losers; so I only have the entry pictures for them, which by itself is probably not all too helpful; will remember this for future screenshots.]

TygerKrane

ChfJ Long trade, I'd like to take

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 am

This a ChfJ Long trade I would LOVE to stalk for my entry, but I really need my rest, and I'm not quite in the mood for a Set-It-And-Forget-It type entry :(

ChfJ:

Switching to D1 chart, there is a pretty strong Bearish MOMO into that Bullish MOMO's origin, so on this view, I more would have a Short bias; however, I do see a potential target for a Long trade: for price to retrace up to 87.32...

D1:

W1 chart however, makes me feel for Long, with the potential of getting back up to that high wick extreme (not that I think it would make it up there THIS week)... W1 would have made a nice S becomes R "No Brainer" trade tho... :roll:
But still, I ignore all that just to say that W1 makes me feel for a long term Long. I'm also ignoring the fact that that high wick got pretty close to Zlining at the 50% of that bearish MOMO as well.

W1:

:smt015 :smt015

[highlight=darkgreen]::EDIT::[/highlight]
Ahh, what the hell, I'm only down like 2% on the week anyway, let's see what happens :P

TygerKrane

Re: Instant Self-Discipline, Week 2

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:17 am

:!: :!: :!:

Week 2
11/6/11 - 11/11/11
41 entries
-4.02%

From what I remember from this past week, I was just being lazy and trying to catch an easy swing move I could hold onto, so I could at least be in a trade while I got ready for my trip. I was definitely overtrading, considering my lack of focus for the week.
Was back in the situation where I had a lot of little profits I could've taken if I wasn't so focused on something bigger.
One morning was looking at M1 charts, I for some reason felt really comfortable with the PA there, felt that if I had profits, I would love to test scalping off of that at a decent leverage, b/c it felt much better for me to just put my stop at the last swing high/low and to respect whatever happened afterwards in my attempt to grab a quick 1-5 pips.
Had another idea to bring me back to trading based on correlated pairs. The reason is to help me try to get into continuation trades more b/c I'm naturally always trying to catch the reversal of a trend.

Other than that, I tried to take more pictures of my trades, but it was actually really disrupting and making things stressful.

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback[/font][/highlight] wrote:
Week 0 wrote::!: :!: :!:

I think that I know what I'm doing, but one of my current weaknesses is that when I'm on my own trading, sometimes I get these megalomaniac visions of grandeur. Definite account killer.
So I figure I might put myself out there for public scrutiny to make myself a bit more accountable for my actions. I remember when prochargedmopar was posting his account (I think sometime last year, or late 2009), I thought that was heroic. :oops: :smt055 :smt066

The first two weeks at the very least will start off very slow, as I will feel a bit more cautious/apprehensive at the start of this Instant Self-Discipline experiment, but there is no doubt that this will be a GOOD kind of caution.

¤I'll do this at the end of each week. I have no idea how this will turn out (I couldn't fully tell you which side of the 95% I am on just yet.)
¤I'll try to limit my losses to -5% a week.
¤I'll go back into the shadows to regroup and reorganize if my balance gets -40% from this starting point.

As LittleKnown pointed out earlier, {paraphrase}"Won't this put unnecessary added pressure on myself?"
I can only say, back in his prime, Mike Tyson was knocking the heads off of 95% of the people out there; so I wouldn't be too embarrassed if I went in the ring with him and people saw me get my head knocked off too.
95% of traders fail, therefore...

Basically, for my [font=Comic Sans MS]current [/font] level of trading ability, I need to remember to keep a Marathon Mentality, and not the mentality for a Mad-Dash-for-Cash.

I will probably start off each week, and every few days by watching, We Are Traders - A Tribute to All Those Trading the Markets. 8)

Week 1 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
10/30/11 - 11/4/11
43 entries
-4.22%

First off, I'll start off by saying that it was actually a surprise to me, and that in a little way, I'm kind of glad with the outcome of this week. I maintained a small level of losses each day, but on Friday, I got caught up in some NFP nastiness, and so I was pretty certain that my losses where somewhere in the -6% area. So I was elated to see that I hadn't even crossed 4.5%. Probably just goes to show, having the discipline to keep losses small, and a Marathon Mentality might can help to make things pay off in the end.

I did start this off VERY slow however, I'm not trying to show off and be macho, and that was a good thing. All my entries were at 1:1 , 2:1 leverage and I couldn't get a damn thing to stick, it was disgusting really, it could've been a morale killer. It got so much so, to the point that I actually meditated twice this week to try and get back in touch with Whatever-The-Hell-It-Was that made me so confident in the first place :o .

This week coming up will be a short one for me, I'm going to Cali for my birthday :smt113 , so I'll probably only have two good days to look at the market. {If I trade while on vacation in Cali, then I'm obviously doing something WRONG :!: } I assume that the week after might be kind of slow as I get readjusted when I come back as well. This is beginning to make my experiment sound very boring isn't it? Slow week this, low leverage that, excuses excuses...

Other than that, been thinking of some ways to fine tune my entry algorithm.

Charts to follow in next post.

Last edited by TygerKrane on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “beginners forum”