lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:35 am

Yes, with you... another factor that put me in trouble was the fact that those 2 candles we're talking about right before my short entry, where actually wicking 1.6262, which was a H1 ZL. So, thoose "large" tails wicking that zone, made me believe the sucker would go shot.

Well... I hope these facts make me more cautious to start building up my account.

PTG wrote:
cfabian wrote:You see those 2 candles as increasing momentum? I saw them as pivots were up move was failing on 2 consecutive candles, so I was waiting to go short with H1 short move... I did but lasted 4 pips, and then stopped me.

PTG wrote:
cfabian wrote:Thanks PTG for your explanation, I have watched some of Seiden's videos. It is hard to grasp everything and remember it during the battle.

I should've waited for a confirmation candle in my direction. Darn!!!!

Thanks for posting your trade and your question.

In hindsight everything is easy. I actually could have invented that saying :roll:

Apart from the supply zone thing, the H1 overlay with those two dreaded candles inside indicated increase of momentum where you'd like to see the opposite I suppose.

In general one should have rules for as many situations as possible so that you know what to do when a certain event occurs. All the blanks have to be filled in upfront. That makes the difference between getting in the train and take a ride or getting in front of the train and get squashed :shock:

I have started to use the S/D stuff for swing trading. The advantage is that you can set and forget. Find high probability-low risk entries and plan them upfront. Still working on the intraday though. I have issues being consistent because I haven't completely worked out all the rules yet. Having said that, it is important to let the market tell you the direction it is going so that you know if you have a valid trade. That's where a confirmation candle comes in handy. You would have to define exactly what that means, e.g. a candle that closes beyond the body of the last candle in the previous direction, or beyond 2/3 of the body, or so.

It all comes down to having a plan with an edge and then sticking to it.

I'd like to see Dragon's comment on your question.

Yeah I know what you're saying. But then what was the difference with an hour earlier, when you had almost exactly the same situation with two M15 candles down after an upcandle ?

What I was referring to, is the fact that the H1 overlay in which those two candles are, is more than twice the size of the previous H1 overlay. To me that doesn't sound like it improves the odds because long momentum increased.

In order to go short on a breakdown like this without having the market prove to you that it does indeed intend to go south sounds risky to me. In other words, why not let price go south and short the mofo on a pullback. I think you take away some risk of catching the falling knife because that is your confirmation. Then all you would need to do is to define what exactly a breakout/breakdown and consecutive pullback is that allows you to take the trade (maybe also on a smaller TF).
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Nice trading guys :) btw i dont want to offend anyone especially not vane when i say this but.. hubahuba :P
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

rushN4

Postby rushN4 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:36 pm

dragon33 wrote:
vane wrote:I had to leave and when i return what surprise.. GU down under more than 100 pips its crazy.

I have to start trusting a little more in my analysis

vane wrote:dont worry, sure everything goes better cfabian :smt056 :smt058 .. boys this can be a good trade or is there something I have not seen

excuse my English, I am speaking as an Indian.

everyone knows what happened next.

scratty wrote:Hi vane

i like the way you describe your charts. Very clear, understanable and straight forward.

Im in EU Short right now

Thanks scratty as dragon says I first have to learn to walk and then run :wink:

rushN4 wrote:
exit all +60 :D

I like a few pips pips mmm ... ahhh but it's weekend

_________

adaseb you are squeezing the market

when you say bullish-> bearish, is this some kind of pattern, I would like to know more about that, looks interesting.

is obvious but I want to know your methodology.

Kisses for all of you

Vanessa

Lol a lot of reading to do after sleeping and it seems like i missed a good trading day. Oh well it won't hurt me ;-)

After BB pattern it is important to watch the close of the bearish candles. If they take out the last extreme then you can try to get in as high as possible with a very small SL and high probability.

hello dragon

is this the extrem you mean in my pic? with this statement :
"If they take out the last extreme then you can try to get in as high as possible with a very small SL and high probability."

you enter on the last extrem point and dont wait for the break of the high on the bull candle.

greetings
Jochen
No matter where life takes you, you will always check the market and always want to continue being a part of it. It's like that first true love, it will always be there no matter what the distance, no matter whether they are alive or dead.

vane

Postby vane » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:39 am

To start the week

[EDIT] OMG I make a clarification the BB pattern only is taken in the HIGH of the green candle, my mistake. In the chart if it passes the HIGH of the green candle we take that trade. we must learn from mistakes :wink:

Braathen wrote:Nice trading guys :) btw i dont want to offend anyone especially not vane when i say this but.. hubahuba :P

Braathen what's mean hubahuba or someone could tell me. :oops:

I'm such a fool for English. :smt010

_____

Upppps the PA is telling me to get out of that, well let's see how it ends :wink:
Last edited by vane on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

vane

Postby vane » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 am

SL hit..:(

I will stop post for now and concentrate on the chart
:wink:

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:03 am

vane wrote:To start the week

Braathen wrote:Nice trading guys :) btw i dont want to offend anyone especially not vane when i say this but.. hubahuba :P

_____

Upppps the PA is telling me to get out of that, well let's see how it ends

In on that but out again, cautious when it's Monday.

hubahuba ... isn't that a pink chewing gum or something ... someone correct me :P
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

vane

Postby vane » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 am

pablo101 wrote:
vane wrote:To start the week

_____

Upppps the PA is telling me to get out of that, well let's see how it ends

In on that but out again, cautious when it's Monday.

hubahuba ... isn't that a pink chewing gum or something ... someone correct me :P

Thanks Pablo, I'll keep looking to improve my trading as I have to learn from many mistakes.

thanks for your advice Image

Vanessa

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 am

Ahhh your smooches are rewarding in itself! :)

Hey, no advice from moi as I'm only a beginner, do what you need to do to get thee pips!
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:02 am

vane wrote:SL hit..:(

I will stop post for now and concentrate on the chart
:wink:

A mighty zone can act like support, resistance area! Always be carefull around those area.
Remember body in direction of profit, wick in direction of loss.
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

vane

Postby vane » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 am

ok ... that was repeat many times in the NLA thread.. :smt075

Vane take the notes in your notebook and study for the test :smt024

z line in consecutive bars and MZ works as s / r.

i gonna make it..ill be the best :smt061

Thanks Dragon a big kiss for you and your daughter, I hope she is best of health

Bye :smt039

Vanessa

Return to “TheRumpledOne”