A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1365
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 27, 2013 2:01 am

Karma wrote:
MightyOne wrote:So many things to do and so little time to get to them all.

I haven't been watching Forex lately as I am focused on the declining gold price.

This is my setup:

Trade Charts: D3, W1, or D9
Entry Charts: 150 Seconds (24 bars/hour) & 20 minutes (so that I don't get lost on a minute chart).

Chart type:
Chart is Heiken-Ashi w/ open at 56% & close at...
(Open[prev]+High[prev]+Low[prev] + Low[crnt]+High[crnt]+Close[crnt]) / 6.

Indicators: 6 EMA (peaks & valleys as LIS)

Tools: horizontal lines & Space.

1) Trade D3, W1, or D9
2) build a rocket ship (max size) to ride the large charts
3) use small charts to reduce risk

:arrow: Big charts,:arrow: big lots, :arrow: big money.


I've been watching the movement. I saw your away sign with the palm trees and remembering your constant short gold mantra I assume you went on vacation after making a killing :D

The curiosity strikes me, are you trading any silver as well? It just occurs that it's so much cheaper which would allow you to buy more (or sell in this instance)


No, I have never owned any silver.

I am thinking about investing in a few of these

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Karma
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:59 am
Reputation: 0
Location: South Florida
Gender: Male

Postby Karma » Mon May 27, 2013 2:11 am

MightyOne wrote:No, I have never owned any silver.

I am thinking about investing in a few of these


I meant in some sort of digital form

You aren't suggesting something illegal are you sir?

In all seriousness, I am quite curious what your focus would be. I believe you're up north so I can imagine growing anything is very difficult.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1365
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 27, 2013 4:58 am

Karma wrote:
MightyOne wrote:No, I have never owned any silver.

I am thinking about investing in a few of these


I meant in some sort of digital form

You aren't suggesting something illegal are you sir?

In all seriousness, I am quite curious what your focus would be. I believe you're up north so I can imagine growing anything is very difficult.


Not everyone chooses to grow cannabis in their grow rooms :lol:

I would like to start Avocado and Durian trees from seed (healthy fats).

To start tropical trees, you need to grow them on a heating pad (like what this guy is doing only with the jars on a heating pad).

I was thinking about later lining a pot with a heating pad & thick layer of plastic to keep the soil warm & using T5 grow lights.

I was going to plant Olive trees but Israel is planting a million of them and many other countries, including India, are planting them as well so the price of Olive oil will probably be very low in the future.

My core diet is carbs & healthy fats; most of the time I eat potatoes smothered in virgin olive oil w/ black pepper.

From personal experimentation, I believe that a well rounded diet is:
1) root vegetables
2) stems
3) leafy greens
4) seeds
5) fruit

I don't eat meat, cheese, nuts, or even eggs.

I would like to grow 90% or more of my own food.

pp2
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:03 am
Reputation: 1
Gender: None specified

Postby pp2 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:48 am

BE WARNED MIGHTYONE!

Durian has a unique (stinky) smell, I hope you realize that :)

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1365
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 27, 2013 7:56 am

pp2 wrote:BE WARNED MIGHTYONE!

Durian has a unique (stinky) smell, I hope you realize that :)


Maybe I will build the tree its own Earthship :lol:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Karma
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:59 am
Reputation: 0
Location: South Florida
Gender: Male

Postby Karma » Mon May 27, 2013 1:22 pm

MightyOne wrote:Not everyone chooses to grow cannabis in their grow rooms :lol:

I would like to start Avocado and Durian trees from seed (healthy fats).

To start tropical trees, you need to grow them on a heating pad (like what this guy is doing only with the jars on a heating pad).

I was thinking about later lining a pot with a heating pad & thick layer of plastic to keep the soil warm & using T5 grow lights.

I was going to plant Olive trees but Israel is planting a million of them and many other countries, including India, are planting them as well so the price of Olive oil will probably be very low in the future.

My core diet is carbs & healthy fats; most of the time I eat potatoes smothered in virgin olive oil w/ black pepper.

From personal experimentation, I believe that a well rounded diet is:
1) root vegetables
2) stems
3) leafy greens
4) seeds
5) fruit

I don't eat meat, cheese, nuts, or even eggs.

I would like to grow 90% or more of my own food.


MightyOne wrote: Maybe I will build the tree its own Earthship :lol:


The guy in the Avocado video hit it on the head before I could. Are you planning to bee keep in said biodome? That's what I'd really like to start down here, produce my own Honey and Bee Pollen.

As someone who has used a little hydroponics for speeding up the propagation of super slow growing cacti, I have to say that I endlessly prefer dirt, composting, and some good ol' mycelium

User avatar
Jalarupa
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1239
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm
Reputation: 223
Location: South Africa
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby Jalarupa » Mon May 27, 2013 1:41 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Karma wrote:
MightyOne wrote:No, I have never owned any silver.

I am thinking about investing in a few of these


I meant in some sort of digital form

You aren't suggesting something illegal are you sir?

In all seriousness, I am quite curious what your focus would be. I believe you're up north so I can imagine growing anything is very difficult.


Not everyone chooses to grow cannabis in their grow rooms :lol:

I would like to start Avocado and Durian trees from seed (healthy fats).

To start tropical trees, you need to grow them on a heating pad (like what this guy is doing only with the jars on a heating pad).

I was thinking about later lining a pot with a heating pad & thick layer of plastic to keep the soil warm & using T5 grow lights.

I was going to plant Olive trees but Israel is planting a million of them and many other countries, including India, are planting them as well so the price of Olive oil will probably be very low in the future.

My core diet is carbs & healthy fats; most of the time I eat potatoes smothered in virgin olive oil w/ black pepper.

From personal experimentation, I believe that a well rounded diet is:
1) root vegetables
2) stems
3) leafy greens
4) seeds
5) fruit

I don't eat meat, cheese, nuts, or even eggs.

I would like to grow 90% or more of my own food.


Karma Free Diet... that's very nice MO

You are 100% correct, that is a very healthy diet.

Nuts are however a super food especially Brazilian nuts

But in moderation...

All this talk of greens is getting me hungry
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line!
Reaching out to embrace the random!
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come!

Trade management by <<FX SYNERGY>>
<<Tickmill Trading>>

Karma
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:59 am
Reputation: 0
Location: South Florida
Gender: Male

Postby Karma » Mon May 27, 2013 1:57 pm

What I remember is Jim Grant always says his best investment recommendation is to plant a few hundred black walnut trees for like $5 a piece and in 30 years you'll have a $1000 piece of wood XD Always made me chuckle

Besides rum, my only dietary vice is probably a little excess in coffee. I buy grassfed, organic, steaks when I can afford it and I don't feel too guilty about it.

User avatar
PebbleTrader
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1633
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:15 am
Reputation: 10
Gender: Male

Postby PebbleTrader » Mon May 27, 2013 2:44 pm

+1 for addition of nuts/nut butters, especially stone ground, runs like syrup!

If you want to produce 90% of your own food, it would make things a whole lot easier if you lived in the south :)
Life is just a journey

User avatar
PebbleTrader
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1633
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:15 am
Reputation: 10
Gender: Male

Postby PebbleTrader » Mon May 27, 2013 2:46 pm

Have you seen this method?

Also check out Larry Halls self watering rain gutter grow system ideas...
Life is just a journey

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “beginners forum”