The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
I like to PAINT BY NUMBERS :lol:



Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Sacrophage
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Reputation: 15
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Sacrophage » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:40 pm

And then the Daily... could become a nice short if she breaks... I don't like the dueling wicks from yesterday/today (cue banjo music), but perhaps that is the point - shake 'em out before the move. Will see - pulled half off. Looking to add in all the right places (cue Dolly Parton).
Attachments
EURAUDDaily.png
EURAUDDaily.png (43.89 KiB) Viewed 519 times

thepark
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 44
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby thepark » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:00 pm

learn by practicing. consistency is key

i have been thinking that entering at the bottom of a cone is a lower risk trade than at the cone breakouts because it could be "overbought" or "continue"

i will try to enter at the bottom of the cone for longs (extremes) as much as possible and vice versa.

Image

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Which chart better describes the price action? Bar chart or High/Low+Close PNF?

freestockcharts_com_FB_PNF.png
freestockcharts_com_FB_PNF.png (50.77 KiB) Viewed 492 times

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 213
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:27 pm

MightyOne wrote:Which chart better describes the price action? Bar chart or High/Low+Close PNF?

freestockcharts_com_FB_PNF.png


They look fairly similar to me. Money could be made with either with the right space. PnF doesnt show the full range of price so that is a little challenge.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Sacrophage
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Reputation: 15
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Sacrophage » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:53 pm

MightyOne wrote:Which chart better describes the price action? Bar chart or High/Low+Close PNF?

freestockcharts_com_FB_PNF.png


Whichever one has better expected return based on objective entry/exit criteria :wink:

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:04 pm

aliassmith wrote:
... PnF doesnt show the full range of price so that is a little challenge.


It is the same as shaving off the pipettes from the price of the extreme; if you are trading for pips then you don't concern yourself with pipettes and if you are trading for macros then you aren't concerned about the pips.

If you enter at a line or a line +/- a half line then your entry will be 'accurate' enough, in my opinion.

I trade from lines and for lines so that is all that I need to see on the chart.

I am not saying that I have the whole PNF thing down, I am still exploring the idea :lol:

You could turn your attn. to Kagi charts but I would dread drawing those by hand.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 213
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:45 pm

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
... PnF doesnt show the full range of price so that is a little challenge.


It is the same as shaving off the pipettes from the price of the extreme; if you are trading for pips then you don't concern yourself with pipettes and if you are trading for macros then you aren't concerned about the pips.

If you enter at a line or a line +/- a half line then your entry will be 'accurate' enough, in my opinion.

I trade from lines and for lines so that is all that I need to see on the chart.

I am not saying that I have the whole PNF thing down, I am still exploring the idea :lol:

You could turn your attn. to Kagi charts but I would dread drawing those by hand.


I'll just turn to candles altho I can see an advantage with big enough targets
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Sacrophage
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Reputation: 15
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Sacrophage » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:03 pm

aliassmith wrote:I'll just turn to candles altho I can see an advantage with big enough targets


Take it even further and just trade the MA.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I'll just turn to candles altho I can see an advantage with big enough targets


Take it even further and just trade the MA.


I used to use a 2 SMA on a highly compessed bar chart.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”