The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 199
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:39 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
Cannot have a 123 until AFTER a breakout.
Before that it is simply a RH or RRH.

So, a 123 IS a hook.

:-)


You are confused, please re-read his books :lol:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 18
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:13 am

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
Cannot have a 123 until AFTER a breakout.
Before that it is simply a RH or RRH.

So, a 123 IS a hook.

:-)


You are confused, please re-read his books :lol:


Nope,
On vacation.
I read my thread, your thread, and some emails.
Rarely anything else.
Time for some fishing and family fun.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

thepark
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby thepark » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:59 am

MightyOne wrote:I have been trying to find a simpler way to explain everything for the Ideas 2 thread.

Taking the guesswork out of Space was the first step, using 1-2-3s to explain angles is probably the second.

How do you trade it? With a horizontal line AND a small chart, not a horizontal line ON a small chart; the price is the same, the foundation is different.

AUDJPYecnM15.png


So is the 1-2-3 used here like a BDP, WDL where 2 is the BDP and 3 is the rejection?
which book should i read on this?
doyou have a preference of what pairs to trade? thanks

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 199
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:53 am

thepark wrote:
So is the 1-2-3 used here like a BDP, WDL where 2 is the BDP and 3 is the rejection?
which book should i read on this?
do you have a preference of what pairs to trade? thanks


There is no book, we write our own books :lol:

There is no need to fill your head with unnecessary information, just try to tell the difference between a breakout and a pattern.
All angles are 15 degrees & all trades are away from a single price.

If I were to play favorites I'd say that the USDCAD is near and dear to me.

USDJPYecnH1.png
USDJPYecnH1.png (27.06 KiB) Viewed 451 times


XAUUSDecnH1.png
XAUUSDecnH1.png (20.92 KiB) Viewed 451 times

thepark
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby thepark » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:52 am

MightyOne wrote:
thepark wrote:
So is the 1-2-3 used here like a BDP, WDL where 2 is the BDP and 3 is the rejection?
which book should i read on this?
do you have a preference of what pairs to trade? thanks


There is no book, we write our own books :lol:

There is no need to fill your head with unnecessary information, just try to tell the difference between a breakout and a pattern.
All angles are 15 degrees & all trades are away from a single price.

If I were to play favorites I'd say that the USDCAD is near and dear to me.

USDJPYecnH1.png


XAUUSDecnH1.png



What is the difference between a "breakout" and a "pattern"?
In you USDJPY pic, I see prices closing lower and then coming back up to wick upward on the third curly bracket. My entry would have been to wait for a new close under the (1) then short. Same idea with your XAUUSD trade.

Your ideas seem to be able to identify entries sooner, while my method enters after it has moved and confirmation
The curly bracket represents breakouts?
What are 1-2-3?
How do you know how to draw those 15 degree lines like that? I can see a million ways of drawing those lines that are different.

I guess I just need to see these ideas at a more basic level.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 199
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:18 pm

thepark wrote:
What is the difference between a "breakout" and a "pattern"?
In you USDJPY pic, I see prices closing lower and then coming back up to wick upward on the third curly bracket. My entry would have been to wait for a new close under the (1) then short. Same idea with your XAUUSD trade.

Your ideas seem to be able to identify entries sooner, while my method enters after it has moved and confirmation
The curly bracket represents breakouts?
What are 1-2-3?
How do you know how to draw those 15 degree lines like that? I can see a million ways of drawing those lines that are different.

I guess I just need to see these ideas at a more basic level.



You know what a pattern is, don't play with me: :lol:
1-2-3s, head & shoulders, channels, triangles, ...

A breakout is simply a move that "breaks out" from a pattern.

All patterns are related, if you learn about one then you will have insight into another.
Most people have difficulty understanding cones & channels so I use 1-2-3s to describe them.

I have two options:
a) I spend hundreds of posts talking about the nuances of trading patterns.
b) I make it so simple that even a caveman can do it.

If it looks strange it is because it is strange.

EURUSDecnH4.png
EURUSDecnH4.png (32.33 KiB) Viewed 397 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 199
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:04 am

USDCHF kinda looks like AAPL upside down...

USDCHFecnH4.png
USDCHFecnH4.png (39.8 KiB) Viewed 336 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 199
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 am

We have seen it all before...

XAUUSDecnH1.png
XAUUSDecnH1.png (25.79 KiB) Viewed 333 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 199
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:22 am

freestockcharts_com_AMZN.png
freestockcharts_com_AMZN.png (70.72 KiB) Viewed 325 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5343
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 199
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:13 pm

I am buying a 6' craps table to test Space Wars money management in a truly random environment

If one sticks to place bets, lay bets, and hedging then it should be little different than a market environment.

Control is the name of the game, you decide: when to bet, how much to bet, what stays up, & what comes down.

Statistically, a shooter is good for 3 rolls of the dice before rolling a 7.
How many rolls before a shooter wins on a point when betting the pass line? 3.7 rolls (From the Wizard of Odds himself).

The Bible says that where there is true randomness there is no randomness at all for every decision belongs to the Lord:

prov_16_33.png
prov_16_33.png (204.27 KiB) Viewed 263 times


Proverbs 3:5-6 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
5
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6
In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”