The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:54 am

As soon as Jala posted those pics I remembered this post.

Plans can and do break but it is not necessarily a bad thing; instead of that 2nd failure you get a close [higher] & now you have a body in the direction of profit & your new plan is to trade in the direction of profit:
Having traded monthly/quarterly/yearly extremes, I recommend that your largest period does not exceed 2 weeks :lol:

The thread is called 'the Ideas that trade by' and not 'the rules that I live by' because profit is found in a thinking mind.

If you come to this thread with pen and paper in hand then you will fail to find the beauty that exists within yourself.


for_jala.png
for_jala.png (17.23 KiB) Viewed 841 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby v8power » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:02 am

Haha. Exactly why these are "ideas you trade by" and not a mechanical system.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:09 am

Forget everything that I have said.

I know that you cannot forget, but shove it to the back of your mind and just look at the chart.

What is your brain telling you?

EURJPYecnMonthly.png
EURJPYecnMonthly.png (21.8 KiB) Viewed 841 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 am

v8power wrote:Haha. Exactly why these are "ideas you trade by" and not a mechanical system.


When you are trading larger patterns from small charts you can easily switch directions.

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby v8power » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:15 am

If i just look at it from a blank mind i would say price is headed down.

Also i see your reverse buzzard pattern or shrinkage marked with the 3,2,1. Also i see a double failure. But thats not what you asked.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:24 am

v8power wrote:If i just look at it from a blank mind i would say price is headed down.

Also i see your reverse buzzard pattern or shrinkage marked with the 3,2,1. Also i see a double failure. But thats not what you asked.


You would not believe how many times, after saying "price cannot rise on wicks neither can it fall without closing lower", that people say something like
"this candle closed higher than something but then price went into a down trend".

All that I can tell them is "please read what I just wrote, it is the truth, if there is conflict then it is coming from your own mind".

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby v8power » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:36 am

After you first talked about price cancelling out profits, it made me start to visualize how price was actually moving inside a candle.

After a burst of momo, yea u might have candles closing in the opposite direction, but it's just canceling out profit. Sometimes looking at price that is contained in a bar, with open, close, high and low marked blurs its actually movement. Thats just how i feel tho.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:08 am

v8power wrote:After you first talked about price cancelling out profits, it made me start to visualize how price was actually moving inside a candle.

After a burst of momo, yea u might have candles closing in the opposite direction, but it's just canceling out profit. Sometimes looking at price that is contained in a bar, with open, close, high and low marked blurs its actually movement. Thats just how i feel tho.


GBPUSDecnH1.png
GBPUSDecnH1.png (24.44 KiB) Viewed 819 times

v8power
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Reputation: 231
Gender: None specified

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby v8power » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:00 pm

Hum. Not positive what your trying to show. But your circles show me pretty much price cancelling profits, price not being able to rise on wicks, wicks in the direction of loss. Also price was in a CZ and a upward daily momo. I played it for a easy 100 pip gain from 4275 to 4375.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 6054
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 1737
Gender: Male

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:46 pm

v8power wrote:Hum. Not positive what your trying to show. But your circles show me pretty much price cancelling profits, price not being able to rise on wicks, wicks in the direction of loss. Also price was in a CZ and a upward daily momo. I played it for a easy 100 pip gain from 4275 to 4375.


Because I draw circles you cannot recognize what I am showing you? :wink:

& yes, we knew that there would be yet another "upset".

GBPUSDecnH1.png
GBPUSDecnH1.png (27.61 KiB) Viewed 769 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”