The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Ok so the title of the thread is a tribute to MO and TRO for what they have taught us. If it offends either one of them I will happily change it.

Quick recap. 8 years ago I saw a thread on babypips called never lose again. I thought b.s. clicked on it and changed my life forever. There I found TRO which lead to kreslik, which introduced me to someone called MO.

There has been some much valuable info offered over the years some captured and applied, some lost and some that I'm sure no wants to talk about anymore. For me and I will let Ja speak for himself, this thread will be here to bounce idea's off each other, offer advice, fill in missing pieces of the puzzle and bs about whatever else. Hopefully we can get it to be like NLA was back in the day when MO was learning from TRO how to use his stats to improve his training and transfer his knowledge of long term trading to short term, when TRO was talkimg about trading from daily extremes and members like dragon and es/pip became almost like legends that are still talked about today.

The idea to start this thread happened since me and Ja trade a like and I felt that we could help each other. But I would love for all the vets to post in here from time to time. newbies feel free to post to, but please don't ask to be spoon feed anything. Post a chart of your trade and why you took it and any other info.

Currently I'm at a point in my trading were I have a good base that I am working from, but know that there are still some pieces of the puzzle to fill in. Then once I'm happy with that its on to the frosting or confluence or whatever you want to call it.

My 2 main idea's that I will be working on are angles and everything they include and longer term trading (think holding trades for months to years). I will also probably bring up some old ideas and topics to se if they could add anything to my trading like x,y,z patterns, dynamic trend, blind mice (cc's), things like range and corrections and a few others.

Also I need to work on gathering space or scalping. I have no problem taking longer term trades, but my trading sucks when I am on small charts. Yes I know the idea is to still is extremes to gather space first, but want to play around with some other idea's.

Also I think I'm at that point where I have seen price repeat a pattern enough times, but I need to start realizing what it is, what its saying and what it normaly does.

I will try to post charts as often as I can, but I do 100 chart markups each weekend. I'll post what I feel is most relevant as to not overload this thread with useless stuff.

Fair warning I use a lot of shorthand, I suck at spelling and Iam not familiar with forums and how to post on them or what if any etique there is for them. I also use words liked idea's, concept, methods, system and set ups interchangeable. So don't get your panties in a bunch if I say "I saw a 2 day extreme set up" vs " I had a idea since price was at the 2 day extreme".

Also I have no real knowledge of the markets outside of kreslik. I don't know what any indicator is for, I don't know chart patterns, candle stick patterns, 123's, hooks, waves, fibs and almost anything else. I keep my trading very simple and what I do know is just me repeating what someone else has said or taught like a pairot would.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:11 pm

v8power wrote:Ok so the title of the thread is a tribute to MO and TRO for what they have taught us. If it offends either one of them I will happily change it.

Quick recap. 8 years ago I saw a thread on babypips called never lose again. I thought b.s. clicked on it and changed my life forever. There I found TRO which lead to kreslik, which introduced me to someone called MO.

There has been some much valuable info offered over the years some captured and applied, some lost and some that I'm sure no wants to talk about anymore. For me and I will let Ja speak for himself, this thread will be here to bounce idea's off each other, offer advice, fill in missing pieces of the puzzle and bs about whatever else. Hopefully we can get it to be like NLA was back in the day when MO was learning from TRO how to use his stats to improve his training and transfer his knowledge of long term trading to short term, when TRO was talkimg about trading from daily extremes and members like dragon and es/pip became almost like legends that are still talked about today.

The idea to start this thread happened since me and Ja trade a like and I felt that we could help each other. But I would love for all the vets to post in here from time to time. newbies feel free to post to, but please don't ask to be spoon feed anything. Post a chart of your trade and why you took it and any other info.

Currently I'm at a point in my trading were I have a good base that I am working from, but know that there are still some pieces of the puzzle to fill in. Then once I'm happy with that its on to the frosting or confluence or whatever you want to call it.

My 2 main idea's that I will be working on are angles and everything they include and longer term trading (think holding trades for months to years). I will also probably bring up some old ideas and topics to se if they could add anything to my trading like x,y,z patterns, dynamic trend, blind mice (cc's), things like range and corrections and a few others.

Also I need to work on gathering space or scalping. I have no problem taking longer term trades, but my trading sucks when I am on small charts. Yes I know the idea is to still is extremes to gather space first, but want to play around with some other idea's.

Also I think I'm at that point where I have seen price repeat a pattern enough times, but I need to start realizing what it is, what its saying and what it normaly does.

I will try to post charts as often as I can, but I do 100 chart markups each weekend. I'll post what I feel is most relevant as to not overload this thread with useless stuff.

Fair warning I use a lot of shorthand, I suck at spelling and Iam not familiar with forums and how to post on them or what if any etique there is for them. I also use words liked idea's, concept, methods, system and set ups interchangeable. So don't get your panties in a bunch if I say "I saw a 2 day extreme set up" vs " I had a idea since price was at the 2 day extreme".

Also I have no real knowledge of the markets outside of kreslik. I don't know what any indicator is for, I don't know chart patterns, candle stick patterns, 123's, hooks, waves, fibs and almost anything else. I keep my trading very simple and what I do know is just me repeating what someone else has said or taught like a pairot would.

Here is my first contribution. Since you have read my first thread you will recall that I had liquidity issues scalping big lots.

Well you mentioned trading 1000 lots trades in a previous post, with order sizes that big you will probably need to work on accumulation techniques with multiple orders to pick up $100mil in size. Need at least 10 orders on Oanda and they for sure will slip you and hedge as fast as possible.

Math check:
$10,000/pip
$10,000/$10= 1000 lots
1000 lots x $100,000 a lot= $100mil position
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:20 pm

aliassmith wrote:
v8power wrote:Ok so the title of the thread is a tribute to MO and TRO for what they have taught us. If it offends either one of them I will happily change it.

Here is my first contribution. Since you have read my first thread you will recall that I had liquidity issues scalping big lots.

Well you mentioned trading 1000 lots trades in a previous post, with order sizes that big you will probably need to work on accumulation techniques with multiple orders to pick up $100mil in size. Need at least 10 orders on Oanda and they for sure will slip you and hedge as fast as possible.

Math check:
$10,000/pip
$10,000/$10= 1000 lots

Thanks for the reply and yeah that's kind of what I thought. While it is not an issue yet, I do know that in the long run if I want to play big my style of trading will have to change. I figured breaking up orders was going to be a must. I am not a fan of Oanada. I'm actually not a fan of any US based forex brokers or at least the ones I know. Spreads either suck, slippage, freezes and etherything else. Everyone raves about Dukascope. Maybe I need to rent an apartment in London so I can open an account with them, haha.

Thanks for the advice. This is a new area for me.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi.
I'm watching.
I will post a chart or two.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:42 pm

aliassmith wrote:Here is my first contribution. Since you have read my first thread you will recall that I had liquidity issues scalping big lots.

Math check:
$10,000/pip
$10,000/$10= 1000 lots

One of Chris Lori's students MARIA E DELGADO paid $10 grand (maybe it was a lot more??) to have a platform built so she could trade with 10 different brokers at one time while executing from the single platform.
She is the 00 scalper using 10ish pip sl's.
GU is her "baby".
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:46 pm

As an ECP, you have all offshore benefits while in the US - no FIFO, hedging allowed, even higher leverage. As far as liquidity, brokers will build a custom bridge for you if you are big enough. Back in the day, I used to shut down MB Trading all the time with high frequency. Was also kicked out of a couple of others for no real reason, but it seems clear the market making brokers all have a threshold for your profitability. Exceed that consistently, and you are asked to leave. Once I moved to Citi, I had my own bridge - liquidity was negotiated as cleared $/sec based on monthly volume traded and provide/take ratio. Citi still runs the velocity group, as well as full institutional. I still trade with them and keep a retail acct with FXCM, with better liquidity and ECP privileges over std retail.

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:51 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Here is my first contribution. Since you have read my first thread you will recall that I had liquidity issues scalping big lots.

Math check:
$10,000/pip
$10,000/$10= 1000 lots

One of Chris Lori's students MARIA E DELGADO paid $10 grand (maybe it was a lot more??) to have a platform built so she could trade with 10 different brokers at one time while executing from the single platform.
She is the 00 scalper using 10ish pip sl's.
GU is her "baby".

I had the same idea but then Ja talked about being able to link I think 19 accounts with his synergy thing. Right now I just use 3 accounts. Weekly play money account which limits orders at 20 lots at a time(smallest), my retirement/stash away money account (med) and my largest account which I don't touch at all. I have also started to look at 15-20 pairs so I can spread risk around. Plus moving toward more long term trading. I want to be ready for the start of next year and be confident in my ability to hold for months to years at a time.

v8power

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Sacrophage wrote:As an ECP, you have all offshore benefits while in the US - no FIFO, hedging allowed, even higher leverage. As far as liquidity, brokers will build a custom bridge for you if you are big enough. Back in the day, I used to shut down MB Trading all the time with high frequency. Was also kicked out of a couple of others for no real reason, but it seems clear the market making brokers all have a threshold for your profitability. Exceed that consistently, and you are asked to leave. Once I moved to Citi, I had my own bridge - liquidity was negotiated as cleared $/sec based on monthly volume traded and provide/take ratio. Citi still runs the velocity group, as well as full institutional. I still trade with them and keep a retail acct with FXCM, with better liquidity and ECP privileges over std retail.

See now this is the type of info I need. I would love for some of the big boys that have 1st hand knowledge to offer advice or share what they think is important. I assumed at some $$$ point you would have to do something else then mess with small retail firms. I have no knowledge of the markets, brokerages or how the big boys play and since it's not what 90% of what people are worried about it never gets talked about.

Thank you for the insight. It is hugely appreciated.

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 pm

v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:As an ECP, you have all offshore benefits while in the US - no FIFO, hedging allowed, even higher leverage. As far as liquidity, brokers will build a custom bridge for you if you are big enough. Back in the day, I used to shut down MB Trading all the time with high frequency. Was also kicked out of a couple of others for no real reason, but it seems clear the market making brokers all have a threshold for your profitability. Exceed that consistently, and you are asked to leave. Once I moved to Citi, I had my own bridge - liquidity was negotiated as cleared $/sec based on monthly volume traded and provide/take ratio. Citi still runs the velocity group, as well as full institutional. I still trade with them and keep a retail acct with FXCM, with better liquidity and ECP privileges over std retail.

See now this is the type of info I need. I would love for some of the big boys that have 1st hand knowledge to offer advice or share what they think is important. I assumed at some $$$ point you would have to do something else then mess with small retail firms. I have no knowledge of the markets, brokerages or how the big boys play and since it's not what 90% of what people are worried about it never gets talked about.

Thank you for the insight. It is hugely appreciated.

What you really want is a custodial acct with your prime broker, as collateral for the LOC that you trade from... Custodial acct can literally be physical gold in a vault. They ask for 100M in assets for this - when you press them, they drop to 20M, but will actually do the deal for as little as 5M. I may delete all of this info depending how deep we go here, but the point is, once you have the money, just call some of the larger banks and ask the questions - they are a bunch of whores.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 pm

I was born in the darkness of ignorance...
The mentors of this forum pulled me out of this ignorance with the torchlight of knowledge...
I offer my respects and best wishes onto those who took the time and energy to lead me on the right path...

These charts and analysis are nothing without you, and it is to you whom I will forever be grateful...
You showed me how to SEE what can only be seen to be hiding in plain sight... The Truth

I hope that I can somehow give back what was given... Although it is doubtful that I will show you anything that you haven't seen before... For this reason I ask that you excuse my attempts I this regard...

Let's have some fun with this!?

OORAH!
:smt065

Return to “TheRumpledOne”