THE BUY ZONE MANUAL

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
noone22
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:50 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby noone22 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 pm

rowdy wrote:Try trading buy zone on Monday mornings at the first hour of the London open on the GBPUSD


Thanks, rowdy.
Interesting stats - how did you collect it?

One rethorical question:
What is so special about beging of opening hour?
It's too early - 8am (by local time), most of
financial men are stuck in the traffic jam on the way to work
or are even sleeping.

9:30am NY seems to be more crowded with people in their offices
against their greedy plazma monitors.

Also, lunch time at 12pm or/and 1pm - is obviously not really good
time for serious trades. Is it true?

I'm interested from the fundamental point of view,
statistics may say otherwise.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
rowdy
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:22 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Postby rowdy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:07 am

noone22 wrote:
rowdy wrote:Try trading buy zone on Monday mornings at the first hour of the London open on the GBPUSD


Thanks, rowdy.
Interesting stats - how did you collect it?

One rethorical question:
What is so special about beging of opening hour?
It's too early - 8am (by local time), most of
financial men are stuck in the traffic jam on the way to work
or are even sleeping.

9:30am NY seems to be more crowded with people in their offices
against their greedy plazma monitors.

Also, lunch time at 12pm or/and 1pm - is obviously not really good
time for serious trades. Is it true?

I'm interested from the fundamental point of view,
statistics may say otherwise.


I collected the data using a tradestation strategy. I am in the process of developing scripts for MT4 and eventually an EA.

You have a good point. There really isnt anything special about the opening of the hour except that it is when the London, NY, Sidney all open.

It all goes back to the original buy zone strategy. Originally, the strategy was only to be used during the opening hours of the exchanges. The stats for the zones were developed based on this. Apparently, someone called Skyline developed the indicator to trade the BZ at the start of every hour.
BZ for dummies trades every hour. I havent been able to connect the dots as to when this change happened based on reading these huge threads for hours and hours. I may modify my BZ for dummies to only trade on the exchange start times as an option rather than every hour. Based on just looking at the data, it seems that the price will eventually break away from the open and just take off in one direction or the other.

If it is possible to get just 4 pips per day every trading day then sign me up. It doesnt sound like much but it would make you rich.

You are right about early. London opens at 2 AM my time. An EA doesnt need any sleep, but I do. I have a regular job that I have to go to. I wish I could just trade full time for a living but I am not there yet.

User avatar
noone22
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:50 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby noone22 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:04 am

rowdy wrote:I collected the data using a tradestation strategy. I am in the process of developing scripts for MT4 and eventually an EA.


Thank you for detailed response.

Could you share statistic strategy code?
If not, could you run stats for e-mini S&P500?

I'm more interested in running it for e-mini: Nasdaq, S&P500, etc
to find out, whether it works there OK (it will defintely work - but
nobody knows for sure the default setting for buy & sell zones and possible profit after passing through these zones).

I know, that Ed and CraigAudio are trading BZ for Rusell,
but they are not running it for S&P (which has much more volume as ER).

So far, iit is known , that for non-forex symbols BZ settings for opening hour of NY EST time will stay all day long. But knowing the stats could reveal some other interesting time intervals - I could feel, that closing hour has its own BZ or similar thing, but it's settings are also unknown yet.

User avatar
rowdy
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:22 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Postby rowdy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:04 pm

noone22 wrote:
rowdy wrote:I collected the data using a tradestation strategy. I am in the process of developing scripts for MT4 and eventually an EA.


Thank you for detailed response.

Could you share statistic strategy code?
If not, could you run stats for e-mini S&P500?

I'm more interested in running it for e-mini: Nasdaq, S&P500, etc
to find out, whether it works there OK (it will defintely work - but
nobody knows for sure the default setting for buy & sell zones and possible profit after passing through these zones).

I know, that Ed and CraigAudio are trading BZ for Rusell,
but they are not running it for S&P (which has much more volume as ER).

So far, iit is known , that for non-forex symbols BZ settings for opening hour of NY EST time will stay all day long. But knowing the stats could reveal some other interesting time intervals - I could feel, that closing hour has its own BZ or similar thing, but it's settings are also unknown yet.


OK, I am out of town right now, but when I get back I will run the numbers for ES. I think I still get delayed data for that. I will be happy to post the code. It is very simple.

Remember, all my code will tell you is the least number of times the price crosses back over the opening price. The exact settings for the actual zones is still a mystery to me but I dont keep up with those threads.

When I finish my BZ EA, I could try and optimize it using the zones as externs. I am curious about those values for all of the forex symbols.

User avatar
noone22
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:50 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby noone22 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:43 am

Great!
Yes, stats is power - which is good to know
and results maybe (slightly) different for different symbols.

About EA - I'm novice myself and need to learn all the rules
and learn how to trade manually before even start to thinking
about some automation.

By the way, TRO has a donational indicator
TRO2009_BuyZone_BFD.mq4
- it is not full EA, but is giving trading
and warning signals for Forex trading using BuyZone method.

Just made a screenshoot from my MT4 platform:

Image

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
rowdy
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:22 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Postby rowdy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:37 pm

noone22 wrote:Great!
Yes, stats is power - which is good to know
and results maybe (slightly) different for different symbols.

About EA - I'm novice myself and need to learn all the rules
and learn how to trade manually before even start to thinking
about some automation.

By the way, TRO has a donational indicator
TRO2009_BuyZone_BFD.mq4
- it is not full EA, but is giving trading
and warning signals for Forex trading using BuyZone method.

Just made a screenshoot from my MT4 platform:

Image


Noone,
Here you go. Its stupendous, its incredible, its the HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Well, maybe not. 1535 is my session open so again, buy zone likes the first hour or two of the session open.
Attachments
ES Buy Zone Times.xls
(33 KiB) Downloaded 529 times

stifland1
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:44 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Dummy

Postby stifland1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 pm

OK, so I just got the motherlode and have BZ on. this trae worked and was NICE!. Question is do the zones automatically reset? and I know I read how to move text with the pink slashes somehow, but now I can't find it ;) Thanks. billy
Attachments
bzone.gif
bzone.gif (22.47 KiB) Viewed 4454 times

stifland1
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:44 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby stifland1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:02 pm

well, i c it resets at the top of the hour :) so now if I could just get help on text for this and range indi and how to move and make them stay, thanks.

626mx
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male

Postby 626mx » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:28 pm

Where do I find the buy zone indicator? I dont see it in the mother load or in this thread where you would think it might be. Thanks

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby PTG » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:42 pm

Have you also looked into previous months' motherlodes ?

I suspect it may be in a 2008 motherlode.

EDIT I have following files in my cumulative TRO motherlodes directory:

TRO_BZ_Skyline.mq4
BZ_Skyline.mq4

Also, I have the following donational indicator:

TRO_DYNAMIC_BZ.mq4

The first two you should be able to find in a motherlode, the latter one you will have to ask TRO. A donation will suffice to convince him to send it. I have found it to be a worthwhile investment !

Good luck.
Pippy The Great.
Last edited by PTG on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”