MO's MBT Micro

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:46 pm

brettnchrism wrote:I opened a demo ig account. Im not sure but i guess there are many ways to trade. Strike, No Strike, then hourly, daily, weekly and monthly close high or lower than a set price. I was reading the thread here and it looks like there is a way to trade similar to spot forex where there is a stop loss but I cant find much information about this.


I believe the point of the options is to be able to trade without a
stoploss. That way you can't be stopped and then price will run
in your direction. Most you lose is the price of the option.

I feel the real catch to this is the time factor.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
stevegee58
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:34 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby stevegee58 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:09 pm

That's why I trade stock options instead of stocks. Even if you have a GTC stoploss order in place, you could wake up one morning and find the stock's price has gapped way past it. Now your loss is greater than you'd planned.

With options, you can construct a position where your max loss is exactly limited without the price gap concern. A simple long option position's max loss is the net debit.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:25 pm

aliassmith wrote:
brettnchrism wrote:I opened a demo ig account. Im not sure but i guess there are many ways to trade. Strike, No Strike, then hourly, daily, weekly and monthly close high or lower than a set price. I was reading the thread here and it looks like there is a way to trade similar to spot forex where there is a stop loss but I cant find much information about this.


I believe the point of the options is to be able to trade without a
stoploss. That way you can't be stopped and then price will run
in your direction. Most you lose is the price of the option.

I feel the real catch to this is the time factor.


The study of momentum via closed candles lets you know how long it should take price to move your way.

For every hour of momentum you should get two hours of price movement.

When the candle hugging momentum closes into the momentum candle's real body then the momentum is reduced by the close of the hugging candle.
Likewise, when the hugging candle extends further after momentum, the momentum is increased by the close of the hugging candle.

If the momentum is increased by 1 candle then you get 4 hours of price movement.

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 0
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Postby pablo101 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:54 pm

MightyOne wrote:
The study of momentum via closed candles lets you know how long it should take price to move your way.

For every hour of momentum you should get two hours of price movement.

When the candle hugging momentum closes into the momentum candle's real body then the momentum is reduced by the close of the hugging candle.
Likewise, when the hugging candle extends further after momentum, the momentum is increased by the close of the hugging candle.

If the momentum is increased by 1 candle then you get 4 hours of price movement.


Whoa, tricky to understand. Any chance of pics? :shock:

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:09 pm

pablo101 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
The study of momentum via closed candles lets you know how long it should take price to move your way.

For every hour of momentum you should get two hours of price movement.

When the candle hugging momentum closes into the momentum candle's real body then the momentum is reduced by the close of the hugging candle.
Likewise, when the hugging candle extends further after momentum, the momentum is increased by the close of the hugging candle.

If the momentum is increased by 1 candle then you get 4 hours of price movement.


Whoa, tricky to understand. Any chance of pics? :shock:


Image

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
prochargedmopar
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5545
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Granbury, TX
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Hindsights always 20/20.
BUT,

The momo reduced bar looks like increasing momo coming off the bottom.
Big wick down and with the higher volume BUYERS took control

The" momo remains" bar is a low vol. test......culminating in the doji test 2 bars later. (no supply).
Price can only continue up.......with momo.

Notice the topping pattern (bearish engulfing down bar). The high of that "zeroed" out traders to the left on high volume......watch out!!!!!

Call it what you will.................
Zeroed out
Bottom of bucket
support/resistance bounce
Hey, what about the PIRATES HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!???
LOL

Image

Traders note:
I personally don't like volume on anything over an h1 chart because gap time messes with it.

Trade at your own risk.
hehehe

The pirates hook?
Yeah, I'm a pirates hook trader.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:22 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:Hindsights always 20/20.
BUT,

The momo reduced bar looks like increasing momo coming off the bottom.
Big wick down and with the higher volume BUYERS took control

The" momo remains" bar is a low vol. test......culminating in the doji test 2 bars later. (no supply).
Price can only continue up.......with momo.

Notice the topping pattern "zeroed" out traders to the left on high volume......watch out!!!!!

Call it what you will.................
Zeroed out
Bottom of bucket
support/resistance bounce
Hey, what about the PIRATES HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Image


I personally do not use volume in Forex despite evidence that stopping volume may be of some value.

I look for a story and trade away from a pivot price.

I am going long some where above this line or not at all
I am going short some where below this line or not at all

I don't enter very often on retracements as I do price trading beyond a momentum bar on a DWM.

The best price of a fast move is better than the best price of a slow move.

User avatar
***FX-JEDI***
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:48 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Newcastle
Gender: Male

Postby ***FX-JEDI*** » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 am

MightyOne wrote:
The study of momentum via closed candles lets you know how long it should take price to move your way.

For every hour of momentum you should get two hours of price movement.

When the candle hugging momentum closes into the momentum candle's real body then the momentum is reduced by the close of the hugging candle.
Likewise, when the hugging candle extends further after momentum, the momentum is increased by the close of the hugging candle.

If the momentum is increased by 1 candle then you get 4 hours of price movement.


I'm thinking this is pretty important...whenever you write something I sit up & pay attention :)
I'm thinking I understand most of what you just wrote, just a few things unsure of in pic so I copied your pic & wrote some questions on there, I want to make sure I fully understand this.
Unsure of how you got the bottom of the dotted line box & what does the X's mean? or have I missed that elsewhere?
I then put up some examples of mine on same chart are these correct MO.
Also did you say you had an ebook MO, if so I would, would it be possible to get a copy? email at xxxfx.jedixxx@gmail.com. thanks heaps,
Regards ***FX-JEDI***
Attachments
Screenshot - 5_10_2009 , 12_27_39 PM.png
Screenshot - 5_10_2009 , 12_27_39 PM.png (118.39 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
Screenshot - 5_10_2009 , 12_11_03 PM.png
Screenshot - 5_10_2009 , 12_11_03 PM.png (135.17 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
Its better to be out of the market wishing you were in,
then being in the market wishing you were out.....

Brookmyre
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:13 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby Brookmyre » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:28 am

I would also like to obtain a copy of the ebook if it's at all possible please MO...

Thanks
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

User avatar
pablo101
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Reputation: 0
Real name: Pete
Gender: None specified

Postby pablo101 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:25 am

MightyOne wrote: Thanks Mightyone, many things to think about. :D

Image

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”