lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
IN-XS
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:00 am
Reputation: 0
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Postby IN-XS » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Just one trade today, but +100 pips! Opened it before I went to work, set a real small SL and came back to check it a few hours later to find it +80 pips, so I waited for it to hit the 1H zline and closed it.

Price tags:

Red = SL
White = Entry & Exit

Image

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
bredin
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Postby bredin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Nice Trade IN-XS!

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

User avatar
tmanbone
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:52 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby tmanbone » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:26 pm

IN-XS wrote:Just one trade today, but +100 pips! Opened it before I went to work, set a real small SL and came back to check it a few hours later to find it +80 pips, so I waited for it to hit the 1H zline and closed it.

Price tags:

Red = SL
White = Entry & Exit

Image


I like your green up red down ma. + pips a day keeps the margin clerk away.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

User avatar
noone22
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:50 am
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby noone22 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:01 am

es/pip wrote:in "theory" the ZL would be more accurate i guess


Exactly!

Thanx for answers.

But MZone will give you more room "to breathe".

And here is my requested example,
when MZone is wicked, but zeroline is not.
(in assumption, that red line is zeroline and blue rectangle
around it is MZone and "get wicked" means - touch
by any part of a candle's wick)

Image

And yes, I know - this is not a valid zeroline,
and not valid MZone - I've simply quickly drawn
line and rectanglue as an example.

This whole conception - MZone vs zeroline reminds me pivot line.
Everyone knows, that pivot line is major resistance.
But "retrace" from pivot may happen, even if price won't
reach pivot line by N pips, or wicked it by wick by N pips
(where N <= 5-7 pips). So, it is a whole "pivot zone" in play
around pivot line and one need to "be careful" within whole zone
while pivot trading, not just blindly waiting for line to be wicked
(as this event may never happen).

Fxtraveller wrote:price can wick the zline without reaching the Mzone

And now may I request Fxtraveller' image of quoted event above -
don't quite follow, how this is possible.

User avatar
bacoazul
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

some gu scalp

Postby bacoazul » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:20 am

[img][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/8wljq1.jpg[/img][/img]


Some of the trades i didn't take it because it was
continuation's of previous trades.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Fxtraveller
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:56 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Postby Fxtraveller » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 am

Charts are self- explanatory.
Attachments
ej d1.gif
ej d1.gif (17.08 KiB) Viewed 884 times
ej fore.gif
ej fore.gif (14.67 KiB) Viewed 884 times

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 am

noone22 wrote:
es/pip wrote:in "theory" the ZL would be more accurate i guess


Exactly!

Thanx for answers.

But MZone will give you more room "to breathe".

And here is my requested example,
when MZone is wicked, but zeroline is not.
(in assumption, that red line is zeroline and blue rectangle
around it is MZone and "get wicked" means - touch
by any part of a candle's wick)

Image

And yes, I know - this is not a valid zeroline,
and not valid MZone - I've simply quickly drawn
line and rectanglue as an example.

This whole conception - MZone vs zeroline reminds me pivot line.
Everyone knows, that pivot line is major resistance.
But "retrace" from pivot may happen, even if price won't
reach pivot line by N pips, or wicked it by wick by N pips
(where N <= 5-7 pips). So, it is a whole "pivot zone" in play
around pivot line and one need to "be careful" within whole zone
while pivot trading, not just blindly waiting for line to be wicked
(as this event may never happen).

Fxtraveller wrote:price can wick the zline without reaching the Mzone

And now may I request Fxtraveller' image of quoted event above -
don't quite follow, how this is possible.


Mo responded earlier and said neither-- so i would go with that

it really depends in the context that you are asking the Q when you say "accurate"

just remember that like MO stated---- the line is just a line in the sand

and to the other q above

you can have a zl that is above a MZ--- so if the market comes back and wicks the ZL and never reaches the MZ then it would happen--- i will look and see if i can find an example
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Fxtraveller
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:56 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Postby Fxtraveller » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 am

Just to make myself clear, I am not trying to compete in 'who knows more about zlines'.

Explanations from Dragon, MO, es and others helped me a lot. trying to do the same.
You probably dont see my argumentation/examples/ support as valid as Dragon's, MO's and es/pip's (for obvious reasons that im a newbie in trading myself).

The explanations in the pics below are as exhaustive as I can make them. Please ask es/pip, Dragon or MO how true or wrong is what you see below.
(I might discover an inconvenient truth myself :D ).

Regards.
FxT
Attachments
gu for noone.gif
gu for noone.gif (15.43 KiB) Viewed 858 times
noone 2.gif
noone 2.gif (21.67 KiB) Viewed 858 times
chart by noone.gif
chart by noone.gif (22.83 KiB) Viewed 858 times

Fxtraveller
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:56 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Postby Fxtraveller » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:16 am

Es/pip,

unwillingly I took an example of where zline is not in a Mzone on consecutive candles, the ones that you love ;)

Cheers.
p.s. im still waiting for EJ to go up, waiting for that closed bull candle on a bigger TF

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:24 am

Fxtraveller wrote:Es/pip,

unwillingly I took an example of where zline is not in a Mzone on consecutive candles, the ones that you love ;)

Cheers.
p.s. im still waiting for EJ to go up, waiting for that closed bull candle on a bigger TF


i couldnt take it anymore and bailed on the last h1's move back into that momo

made ok on it i guess---- but was really wanting the upper lines i showed earlier---

i will buy it back if it sets up with something i like
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”