lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby PTG » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:03 am

es/pip wrote:
adaseb wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
adaseb wrote:ES/PIP

How do the currency futures work exactly.

I know the

euro (EC)
pound (BP)
Yen (jy)

But it feels weird trading these when they are not connected to another pair like it is on the cash forex.


They are connected to the dollar as es/pip said.


Oh I see. So futures are worth getting into if you primarily trade larger than 1 full lots? Since you pay a 1 pip spread instead of the 2-3 on some pairs.

How much money do you need to put down to buy one of those contracts?

Is it like the options in stocks where 1 contract handles 100 shares. Where here 1 contract handles 100,000 units of currency?


they tick at 12.50 per tick so that would be 12.5 small lots or 125, 000

its 500 margin per contract

yeah you need to have decent amount of money just because you lose the ability to compound at the smaller levels via mini/ micro lots

edit---------

the euro ticks at 12.50 not sure about the other ones---probably be the same if not its close i'm sure


This is the forex-futures products homepage from CME: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/fx/
http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/fx/fx-p ... aders.html

They have also introduced E-Micro's for EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, AUD/USD, USD/CHF with 1/10 of the contract size, comparable to microlots in spot. The only issue right now is that the volume is low.
This is my new signature: "new signature".

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Fxtraveller
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:56 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Postby Fxtraveller » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:41 pm

I will come back to posting in this thread, SKype chat room has gone wrong. Too much chit chat, very little trading

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:11 am

posted earlier about how ej wanted to go up on the daily and that i was long. it only wanted to go up till it didn't anymore lol

was up around 200 pips in that trade and closed it +55 :oops:


then shorted into the bounce and added on the way down and out at previous support :D


also played this dollar trade off a failed high and covered back into prev support

Image

Image
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Fxtraveller
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:56 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Postby Fxtraveller » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:37 am

Great trades es/pip.

Here is what I saw, but only got a small piece of..

Trading H4/D1 is oh so much easier, but holding on to appropriate profits (number of pips) is oh so hard =[
Attachments
ej h4.gif
ej h4.gif (15.08 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
gu daily.gif
gu daily.gif (17.42 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:53 am

Fxtraveller wrote:Great trades es/pip.

Here is what I saw, but only got a small piece of..

Trading H4/D1 is oh so much easier, but holding on to appropriate profits (number of pips) is oh so hard =[


You just get position on a long term chart and then hedge when and where possible and re-enter at a better price (and adjusted position size) using your profit as a cushion.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:35 pm

es/pip wrote:posted earlier about how ej wanted to go up on the daily and that i was long. it only wanted to go up till it didn't anymore lol

was up around 200 pips in that trade and closed it +55 :oops:


then shorted into the bounce and added on the way down and out at previous support :D


also played this dollar trade off a failed high and covered back into prev support

Image

Image


Image

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm

MightyOne wrote:
es/pip wrote:posted earlier about how ej wanted to go up on the daily and that i was long. it only wanted to go up till it didn't anymore lol

was up around 200 pips in that trade and closed it +55 :oops:


then shorted into the bounce and added on the way down and out at previous support :D


also played this dollar trade off a failed high and covered back into prev support

Image

Image


Image


are you showing the same thing i was seeing but just on a d3 time frame

or

are you trying to show me something else



-------------------------------------------------------------
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
es/pip
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby es/pip » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:06 pm

going to post a m5 chart when i get back from the gym showing how i scalp s/r----- going to take some time to mark it all up
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

User avatar
dragon33
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: Male

Postby dragon33 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Image
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

User avatar
IN-XS
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:00 am
Reputation: 0
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Postby IN-XS » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi Dragon, nice to have you back. Your charts look cleaner and nice trade by the way.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”