How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:02 am

buffalo wrote:are you using doji's strategy? If so he might be the only one that could help you. Havent seen anyone else really use that

Buffalo, I’m looking for a zline on H4, then I drop to H1 and look for a Doji Zone because I’m confident with it but I could use every method to find the zone and finally on M15 I tune the entry.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:05 am

Mira wrote:Thanks to everybody [-o<

I don’t know why it’s so hard defining Momentum.. there isn’t a “true” and clear definition of MOMO so I don’t know how to do it.. but without knowing Momentum I can’t pick the right direction.. wtf :lol:

So forget about calling it momentum, or MOMO, or whatever. Don't call it anything. Look for a "pattern" and I think calling it a pattern is even pushing it.

Look for a big move. Can be either one single candle or a run of candles with no pullbacks.

Look left. Has this move broken a level? A "Pointy Place"?

That is your line-in-the-sand.

You can either (a) trade back towards that line - usually best done off of a single chunky candle. I call this a "Spike Hunt"...or (b) wait for price to retrace back up and then look to enter on a rebound from that line, or a twist and continuation off that line.

You could add a fib over that big move and using the 23.6 and/or the 50 levels couple it with the earlier line-in-the-sand and you have created a "killing zone" where you can use micro-pa (just like a Rat Zone entry for instance) to find your turning-point entry.

So in this scenario, our big move is the momentum and the retrace level is a Z-Line.

You don't need multi time frame work, just use one chart, one time frame and you will fine this set up happening no matter what.

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:07 am

LeMercenaire wrote:

I don’t know why it’s so hard defining Momentum.. there isn’t a “true” and clear definition of MOMO so I don’t know how to do it.. but without knowing Momentum I can’t pick the right direction.. wtf :lol:

So forget about calling it momentum, or MOMO, or whatever. Don't call it anything. Look for a "pattern" and I think calling it a pattern is even pushing it.

Look for a big move. Can be either one single candle or a run of candles with no pullbacks.

You can either (a) trade back towards that line - usually best done off of a single chunky candle. I call this a "Spike Hunt"...or (b) wait for price to retrace back up and then look to enter on a rebound from that line, or a twist and continuation off that line.

You could add a fib over that big move and using the 23.6 and/or the 50 levels couple it with the earlier line-in-the-sand and you have created a "killing zone" where you can use micro-pa (just like a Rat Zone entry for instance) to find your turning-point entry.

So in this scenario, our big move is the momentum and the retrace level is a Z-Line.

You don't need multi time frame work, just use one chart, one time frame and you will fine this set up happening no matter what.

Thanks LeM! [-o<

So in that case this was the Momentum (the horizontal line is the 50%)

B2A4B82D-6AD1-41C3-87CA-95215F64D8D5.jpeg
B2A4B82D-6AD1-41C3-87CA-95215F64D8D5.jpeg (97.38 KiB) Viewed 2763 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Thanks LeM! [-o<

Mmmmm...not in the way I am meaning. Let me try and find a perfect example I can mark up (I will have to use mt4 marking as if I try and post any charts I actually draw on, I am told the files are too big!?!?!).

Anyway, bear with me.

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:13 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Thanks LeM! [-o<

Mmmmm...not in the way I am meaning. Let me try and find a perfect example I can mark up (I will have to use mt4 marking as if I try and post any charts I actually draw on, I am told the files are too big!?!?!).

Anyway, bear with me.

Mmm sometimes it happens to me too.
I’ll be waiting, thank you!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Thanks LeM! [-o<

Anyway, bear with me.

Ok, here we go.

DAX on H4 but as I said, it could be anything, on any time.

So, we have chunky candle 'B' breaking the high set by candle 'A', our ''Pointy Place''.

We draw a line across from that high off candle 'A' and through candle 'B'. That's our Z-Line (as I see Z-Lines).

We wait for price to come back to that level, which it does at candle 'C'. It doesn't quite touch it but I'll come back to that.

DE30.cH4asMOMOinfoForMira.png
DE30.cH4asMOMOinfoForMira.png (18.53 KiB) Viewed 2717 times

Ok, so as I said, price didn't quite touch that Z-Line. Yes, we could have gone in anyway as we see price stalling and on the lower tf - if we were to use that technique - will have given us pa to work with. However, look what happens when we add a fib over that up move.

DE30.cH4asMOMOegForMiraIncFib.png
DE30.cH4asMOMOegForMiraIncFib.png (19.87 KiB) Viewed 2717 times

Now what we can do is fill the area between the Z-Line and the 50-level to give ourselves a Kill-Zone.

DE30.cH4asMOMOegForMiraIncFib+KillZone.png
DE30.cH4asMOMOegForMiraIncFib+KillZone.png (20.04 KiB) Viewed 2717 times

I haven't gone down to lower tf as I wanted to keep this as simple as possible and anyway, as I have said, this is fractal and we could just as easily have been running this off the 1-min already.

So, that's how I do things. I like to keep it simple. I have talked before about how others run Z-Lines differently but for me, this makes sense to me and more importantly, it works.

Hope that helps even a little.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:37 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Anyway, bear with me.

Ok, here we go.

So, we have chunky candle 'B' breaking the high set by candle 'A', our ''Pointy Place''.

We draw a line across from that high off candle 'A' and through candle 'B'. That's our Z-Line (as I see Z-Lines).

We wait for price to come back to that level, which it does at candle 'C'. It doesn't quite touch it but I'll come back to that.

Ok, so as I said, price didn't quite touch that Z-Line. Yes, we could have gone in anyway as we see price stalling and on the lower tf - if we were to use that technique - will have given us pa to work with. However, look what happens when we add a fib over that up move.

Now what we can do is fill the area between the Z-Line and the 50-level to give ourselves a Kill-Zone.

I haven't gone down to lower tf as I wanted to keep this as simple as possible and anyway, as I have said, this is fractal and we could just as easily have been running this off the 1-min already.

So, that's how I do things. I like to keep it simple. I have talked before about how others run Z-Lines differently but for me, this makes sense to me and more importantly, it works.

My take, fwiw
Above red line bullish, target triple top.
Close below and the first target is purple line. (middle of prev range)
Current up move needs to get on with it or..........

DE30H4.JPG
DE30H4.JPG (27.01 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Mira

Postby Mira » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:

Ok, here we go.

My take, fwiw
Above red line bullish, target triple top.
Close below and the first target is purple line. (middle of prev range)
Current up move needs to get on with it or..........

DE30H4.JPG

Thanks, it helps.
So, LeM, where would you have entered the trade? At the close of the wicker candle and targeting the 23.6 level?

And Pro mentioned targets.. I'm seeing how i'm trying to keep large targets but it's not working good.
Most of the trades that i take moves in direction of profit, however i don't know exactly where to take profits and a bad entry timing sometimes turns my wins into losses.
If i was targeting closer levels i'd be winning most of my trades, but trading H4 doesn't give me so many entries so i'd like to ride the weekly bar expansion somehow. Still trading for pips and not for money i guess #-o

What do you guys would do here?

Mira

Postby Mira » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 pm

This is what i'm doing atm so you can see my thinking process and the mistakes/problems that i have:

White lines are what i see as zlines/ or S/R here, so places for entries and exits.
In this particualar case i'd draw a line at the 0%-50%- 100% of the momo -------> this gives me a worst price than yours: price wicked the 50% before than in your example and that could have been a loss.. for example entering with the first RAT of the two. Am i seeing it wrong?

DE30H4.png
DE30H4.png (36.93 KiB) Viewed 2678 times

To take the trade i'm going down one time frame and waiting for a doji zone (YELLOW).
The stop loss should be the lower pivot (the #2 sema on the chart) but it's too far so i cut it a bit.. the blue line is the "kill the trade if H1 close back over this" line. The TP is the first opposite H4 level.

I usually tune the entry SL with a 15 minute chart when price returns at the H1 zone in a pullback.

DE30H1.png
DE30H1.png (51.49 KiB) Viewed 2678 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Possibilities..

USDCADH4.png
USDCADH4.png (45.36 KiB) Viewed 2676 times

Good Ol' Times :lol:

USDCADM15.png
USDCADM15.png (54.19 KiB) Viewed 2676 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”