HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby MightyOne » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:45 pm

You don't need the color PTG :)

Price does the same thing on every chart and in every period.
Once you see it, you can't not see it.

The only things you need to know are:
1) angles are always 15 degrees and face in the direction of the breakout
(simply see them, it doesn't matter how (or if) you draw them).
2) breakouts are not patterns (channels), they are pattern breakouts.
3) #2 points are always breakouts as well as anything outside of a channel.
4) breakouts create larger patterns & larger patterns push price further.
5) price tends to return to patterns.
Sample Analysis:
"I am either going to go short or wait for price to return to a pattern before going long.


candles_shmandles.png
candles_shmandles.png (97.59 KiB) Viewed 689 times
EURJPYM5.png
EURJPYM5.png (41.57 KiB) Viewed 689 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby PTG » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:33 pm

MightyOne wrote:You don't need the color PTG :)

Price does the same thing on every chart and in every period.
Once you see it, you can't not see it.

The only things you need to know are:
1) angles are always 15 degrees and face in the direction of the breakout
(simply see them, it doesn't matter how (or if) you draw them).
2) breakouts are not patterns (channels), they are pattern breakouts.
3) #2 points are always breakouts as well as anything outside of a channel.
4) breakouts create larger patterns & larger patterns push price further.
5) price tends to return to patterns.
Sample Analysis:
"I am either going to go short or wait for price to return to a pattern before going long.


candles_shmandles.pngEURJPYM5.png


Ahh - wait a minute
So if you see something much bigger than 15 degrees then that is a pattern breakout and it will tend to return to the 15 degree angle-thing pattern
your attention should be to detect the 15 degree thing pattern in an early enough stage to see the larger than 15 degrees things for what they are: distractions attracting participants like a lamp is to a moth, hiding what you need to see which is the larger flow of the market.
Is that more or less what you're trying to say ?

2016-08-10_1926.png
2016-08-10_1926.png (137.07 KiB) Viewed 676 times
This is my new signature: "new signature".

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby PTG » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:48 pm

2016-08-10_1941.png
2016-08-10_1941.png (97.59 KiB) Viewed 669 times


So you continuously look for 15 degree patterns and make the same decisions over and over again if I understand it correctly ?
This is my new signature: "new signature".

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby MightyOne » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:03 pm

PTG wrote:2016-08-10_1941.png

So you continuously look for 15 degree patterns and make the same decisions over and over again if I understand it correctly ?


My friend, there are only patterns and breakouts and wider patterns and larger breakouts.
A slow channel is congestion & congestion cannot be a true breakout.
A "steep channel" is not congestion, "not congestion" is a breakout and a breakout cannot also be a "pattern"...because breakouts "breakout" of patterns.

They are being tricked into believing that the market moves faster than it really does.

Do not draw steep channels, they do not exist, that is what trend lines are for.

PTG.png
PTG.png (137.63 KiB) Viewed 653 times

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby MightyOne » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:19 pm

After reading PTG's posts more carefully (I am always in a rush)
I can tell that he is a very sharp guy, respect.

PTG wrote:...distractions attracting participants like a lamp is to a moth, hiding what you need to see which is the larger flow of the market.
Is that more or less what you're trying to say ?
:smt023


PTG2.png
PTG2.png (184.27 KiB) Viewed 649 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby PTG » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:46 pm

OK - thanks. That is very "interesting" (in the positive way :-D )
Looks like I had my lines too steep. I shall have to learn more about this, appreciate any pointers you might have and a place to post stuff so as to not ruin this HOLO place :lol:
This might be very helpful actually.

2016-08-10_2239.png
2016-08-10_2239.png (60.66 KiB) Viewed 628 times


2016-08-10_2242.png
2016-08-10_2242.png (59.01 KiB) Viewed 628 times


2016-08-10_2243.png
2016-08-10_2243.png (77.41 KiB) Viewed 628 times
This is my new signature: "new signature".

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby MightyOne » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:54 pm

PTG wrote:OK - thanks. That is very "interesting" (in the positive way :-D )
Looks like I had my lines too steep. I shall have to learn more about this, appreciate any pointers you might have and a place to post stuff so as to not ruin this HOLO place :lol:
This might be very helpful actually.

2016-08-10_2239.png

2016-08-10_2242.png

2016-08-10_2243.png


There is no need to discuss this further, you are a natural.

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby PTG » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:26 pm

MightyOne wrote:There is no need to discuss this further, you are a natural.


:smt053 lol

Here, a little present: https://www.pinterest.com/carlossathler/stereograms/ :mrgreen:
This is my new signature: "new signature".

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 11440
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 45
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:01 pm

AUDJPYH1.png
AUDJPYH1.png (43.81 KiB) Viewed 506 times


TRO_Multi_Meter_NewDailyHL shows when a new daily high/low occurred for each current time period.

Green indicates new daily high and red indicates new daily low.

Gray means no new high/low.

This will help HOLO traders see when NOT TO ENTER the trade.

When H1 is red or green, best to wait for H1 bar to close.

Some traders use M30 and others M15.

Of course, daily, weekly and monthly will always be gray.

Now, so there is NO MISUNDERSTANDING:

DO NOT POST THIS CODE ON ANY OTHER FORUM OR SHARE IT WITH ANYONE.

If they want it, tell them where you found it.

Attachments
TRO_Multi_Meter_NewDailyHL.mq4
(16.19 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 2
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby PTG » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:46 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
If they want it, tell them where you found it.


VERY GOOD.

:smt117 :smt041
This is my new signature: "new signature".

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”