Blind Mouse Strategy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
bettlebox
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:06 pm
Reputation: 0
Gender: None specified

Postby bettlebox » Sat May 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks Aliassmith i understand.
thank v much.

Think i understands Fat cat now too i missed page were MO talked about Fat cat is set candles that crosses and then crosses back across a line you believe to be a SR.

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=41090#41090

aliassmith wrote:
bettlebox wrote:Hi everyone

read through the entire post 3 times

here my questions

If possible can respond with a picture for each question i m not the quickest of cats sorry. Or should that be "mice" :D

1. what is a "U" like "1U" or "2U", and how is calculated? .
2. can you do a clear picture of produce a Fat cat support.
3. I m also confused about average, i understand the formula but between which points do you calculate it. again if you can do clear picture explaining i will be able to understand it.

thanks in advance
BB


I can help except for the "fat cat" thing.

A "U" is a unit. It depends on you what that will be. It can be 1 microlot,
2 lots or whatever.

The average is the midpoint between two equal orders.
Example:
first order long is placed at 1.2500 and you want your average to be at
1.2525 then you would place an equal order at 1.2550.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 22, 2010 9:07 pm

This picture is large simply because it has to be :lol:

In response to Braathen's pictures:

(EDIT: cleaned up the chart)






Image

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Blind Mouse Strategy for combining candles:





Image

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 21
Gender: Male

Postby aliassmith » Sat May 22, 2010 10:58 pm

MightyOne wrote:This picture is large simply because it has to be :lol:

In response to Braathen's pictures:

(EDIT: cleaned up the chart)
Image


Jealous :wink: I like some 56% please :lol:

So what is your SL size based on that 4.5% risk at 5:1 leverage ?
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
Braathen
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Infront of the PC O_o
Gender: Male

Postby Braathen » Sat May 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Thank you very kindly for these pictures MO.
This helps me out ALOT! and brings more to the table.

Quick question for pic1.
The box at the first entry thats hovering above s&r.
Does this have any meaning?

edit!
Does anyone know a candle indi that can do this..
several TF's on 1 chart.
Last edited by Braathen on Sat May 22, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 22, 2010 11:11 pm

aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:This picture is large simply because it has to be :lol:

In response to Braathen's pictures:

(EDIT: cleaned up the chart)
Image


Jealous :wink: I like some 56% please :lol:

So what is your SL size based on that 4.5% risk at 5:1 leverage ?


$1000: 5 to 1 = 5,000c = $0.50

$1,000 * 0.045 = $45

$45 / $0.50 = 90 pip cat stop.


Think of the 90 pips as a "loss cushion" in comparison to the profit cushions.

Once things start going your way you magnify your gains by using profit cushions.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Braathen wrote:Thank you very kindly for these pictures MO.
This helps me out ALOT! and brings more to the table.

Quick question for pic1.
The box at the first entry thats hovering above s&r.
Does this have any meaning?


That is the "loss cushion" that I refer to in the above post.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Price closes over a line...
price doesn't close over a line :shock:

Lets look at this another way:





Image

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 46
Gender: Male

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 22, 2010 11:47 pm

Without wicks this time:






Image

User avatar
newark18
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 am
Reputation: 0
Real name: James
Gender: Male

Postby newark18 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:30 am

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:This picture is large simply because it has to be :lol:

In response to Braathen's pictures:

(EDIT: cleaned up the chart)
Image


Jealous :wink: I like some 56% please :lol:

So what is your SL size based on that 4.5% risk at 5:1 leverage ?


$1000: 5 to 1 = 5,000c = $0.50

$1,000 * 0.045 = $45

$45 / $0.50 = 90 pip cat stop.


Think of the 90 pips as a "loss cushion" in comparison to the profit cushions.

Once things start going your way you magnify your gains by using profit cushions.


Forgive my ignorance but does this mean 50 cents per pip and 90 pip stop loss? I always thought 5 to 1 leverage meant $5 per pip. And 90 pips is a lot. I have been playing with 20 pips and getting stopped out more than I like.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”