Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 22
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Captain Pugwash wrote:it may be interesting - and a whole lot of extra work :) to try both methods side by side - sort of ease yourself in - kinda

would have been nice to see it go wrong at some point :oops: :) - but you had well enough space between your position and your if/then line to make that not a problem - my interest is "would you hold onto your gained space until the next setup" or "try again higher up - but with your space more compressed"

EDIT I had not forgotten that you could, of course, have expanded your space if you needed to

Damn nice markups whatever mate


Is your question in regards to %target being hit,
or something else. I didn't quite follow.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 22
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:16 am

I listen to these podcasts for entertainment,
but this one is extra special http://traderspodcast.com/episode303/
=D> =D> =D>
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby MightyOne » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:26 pm

...It went down to MO's
%target of 58.5%.So now the money is mine and start over with low risk again.
5 more times and you have +1 zero... :mrgreen:


4 more times after you hit your first target, no?

You are closer than you thought! :lol:

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 22
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:22 pm

MightyOne wrote:
...It went down to MO's
%target of 58.5%.So now the money is mine and start over with low risk again.
5 more times and you have +1 zero... :mrgreen:


4 more times after you hit your first target, no?

You are closer than you thought! :lol:


Yes that is correct, I was thinking 5 times total
but it came out of the brain wrong.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 22
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Well listening to Rob Booker recently, I heard
his podcasts about being ashamed of being
a trader and other ones. In those he suggested
that when you are asked what you do you shouldn't
say you are a trader. He said you should know
specifically what kind of trader you are and say
that.

I'm a post candle closing over something supply
and demand currency trader.

I'll probably get some strange looks from that. Not
that I don't already when I say I'm a currency trader.

It's better than: I try to trade currencies by switching
my method all the time because I don't want to
admit I am the problem and it's not the method. :roll:

Try for yourself and see if your description is legit
or you realize you have been an idiot.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
MightyOne
rank: 5000+ posts
rank: 5000+ posts
Posts: 5251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Reputation: 47
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby MightyOne » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:18 am

aliassmith wrote:Well listening to Rob Booker recently, I heard
his podcasts about being ashamed of being
a trader and other ones. In those he suggested
that when you are asked what you do you shouldn't
say you are a trader. He said you should know
specifically what kind of trader you are and say
that.

I'm a post candle closing over something supply
and demand currency trader.

I'll probably get some strange looks from that. Not
that I don't already when I say I'm a currency trader.

It's better than: I try to trade currencies by switching
my method all the time because I don't want to
admit I am the problem and it's not the method. :roll:

Try for yourself and see if your description is legit
or you realize you have been an idiot.


Just say it backwards,
"I'm a redart...redart, redart, how many times do you want me to say it for you?
What is it? computer stuff, very complicated, please don't ask me to explain" :lol:

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 22
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:10 pm

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:Well listening to Rob Booker recently, I heard
his podcasts about being ashamed of being
a trader and other ones. In those he suggested
that when you are asked what you do you shouldn't
say you are a trader. He said you should know
specifically what kind of trader you are and say
that.

I'm a post candle closing over something supply
and demand currency trader.

I'll probably get some strange looks from that. Not
that I don't already when I say I'm a currency trader.

It's better than: I try to trade currencies by switching
my method all the time because I don't want to
admit I am the problem and it's not the method. :roll:

Try for yourself and see if your description is legit
or you realize you have been an idiot.


Just say it backwards,
"I'm a redart...redart, redart, how many times do you want me to say it for you?
What is it? computer stuff, very complicated, please don't ask me to explain" :lol:


I'm reading the 4 hour work week and the author
said he told people he is a drug dealer. He said
it was a conversation stopper most of the time.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
Captain Pugwash
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:59 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Insanitary Industries
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby Captain Pugwash » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:54 pm

Try not too think too bad of me - with what must be the worst add in the world :roll:

I have to say this closing over summit big, forming a SR area , and heads up, seems to have been my personal missing link... (one of em) - yep i did listen to the podcast :)

I throw nothing away from what I have learned thus far - which is cool . I can still use my supply demand momo and pointy places 8)

btw the close over the yellow box ( very slight ) I was prepared to allow - look at the daily to see why - I drew a line there and price closed under the line)
2014-12-31_1444.png
2014-12-31_1444.png (64.55 KiB) Viewed 138 times


reason for my exit using trumpets and wedgies

2014-12-31_1504.png
2014-12-31_1504.png (55.08 KiB) Viewed 138 times


sadly not a properly lot sized trade as I considered this trade learning, when I should not be trading at all - just an exercise in clicking the buttons

I have certainly finished this year on a high - I really have got some s**t together thanks to you guys and the loonies at II

Happy new year - its gonna be a great one :smt033 :smt030
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 22
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby aliassmith » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:22 pm

Captain Pugwash wrote:Try not too think too bad of me - with what must be the worst add in the world :roll:

I have to say this closing over summit big, forming a SR area , and heads up, seems to have been my personal missing link... (one of em) - yep i did listen to the podcast :)

I throw nothing away from what I have learned thus far - which is cool . I can still use my supply demand momo and pointy places 8)

btw the close over the yellow box ( very slight ) I was prepared to allow - look at the daily to see why - I drew a line there and price closed under the line)
2014-12-31_1444.png


reason for my exit using trumpets and wedgies

2014-12-31_1504.png


sadly not a properly lot sized trade as I considered this trade learning, when I should not be trading at all - just an exercise in clicking the buttons

I have certainly finished this year on a high - I really have got some s**t together thanks to you guys and the loonies at II

Happy new year - its gonna be a great one :smt033 :smt030


It worked out which is good. So adds in my opinion
are more about controlling where your stop moves
and line in the sand. The liS is important to me
because it defines a place to get out where I hope
to save some of my space.

If that is how you want to trade keep practicing
because it works.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
Captain Pugwash
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:59 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Insanitary Industries
Gender: Male

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby Captain Pugwash » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:35 pm

Thanks Aliassmith

Your reply has actually answered the badly worded question I asked earlier :D

The add redefines the original IF/Then placement, and where a close over that line means we act to save space.

Its funny because I saw what you did fairly easily (the SR daily thingy I mean)- which is not always the case!!

Your technique certainly adds to what I already do - Rather than the "continuously throw the baby out with the bathwater technique" (and this baby, I have been working on since first talking to bredin and Withnail. (and you brookmyre))

Thanks again Aliassmith - for me your return has been timely

ps - I noticed that price reached the bottom purple line above - new years eve or not :mrgreen:
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”