First post here. I´ve been following this thread for a week now, testing the Rat method on a demo account. I have to say that I´m not getting good results. Don´t want to say that the method is wrong, but I´m getting trouble understanding the simple rules.
Take for example today. I know I am supposed to trade just one pair, but as TRO writes about two or three I think I can test more than one pair. So, my strategy was:
- Price 20 pips from low (or High, don´t know why I have to be a Red o Green rat, maybe someaon can tell me, remember I´m just trying to learn
- Day´s trading range at ATR or more.
- Red candle close (or green looking for a red rat).
- Green candle close (or red looking for a red rat).
- Buy at Price at High of previows candle (or sell the red rat)
- SL 10p
Looking for a green rat I was stopped @USDCHF
Looking for a red rat I was stopped @GBPUSD, NZDUSD, EURUSD
Got some, but lost much more.
As I said, I´m not stating that the RAT method doesn´t work, I´m just telling that I followed the rules (or what I understand about them... and that could be the problem!) and got stopped a lot. Hope I could see the light!