2009.06.17 DRAIN THE BANKS REV 8

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

bredin

Ive been playing

Postby bredin » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:46 pm

I was playing with DTB r8 template with about 7 or 8 open charts and noticed my machine struggling to keep up with the load.

With not much to do on the weekend, I thought Id try to hack out a few "useless" cycles. So I stripped down the semaphore code since old semaphores are more-or-less useless :)

About an hour later I decided to try to pretty up the DTB some, make it a bit less cluttered, and (even only to myself) more readable, without losing too much data.

This is the result

See the usual dots are replaced by lines, and show only the current '1' semaphore (5 period) DSR values. (does anyone actually care about the previous values?)

note how the chart slides behind the info panels so their info no longer gets obscured by the chart, not sure if this is necessarily a good thing yet, but was interesting to code for a part timer :)

Im thinking I may do the same infopanel thing for the better volume indicator next.

Let me know if you like it or not

G.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Nice work, bredin!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

andypeters

Postby andypeters » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Why does anyone think this mumbo jumbo will make them money in the longrun ?

Of course there will be those that win in the short run, just as there will be those that lose but the likelihood that you will consistently make money by following nonesense indicators is simply wishful thinking.

If anyone has discovered a predictive indicator (if such a thing is possible) then they sure as hell won't be offering it to the great unwashed free of charge. They'll use it themselves to make gazillions of dollars.

I wish you guys all the best but really you're all pissing in the wind and sadly most of it will be landing on your lovely new shoes.

I don't mean to demean the work of TRO cos I think he's a great coder and converter of ideas into indicators and he needs to be applauded for his efforts. Its just that all his indicators are based on nothing more than voodoo.

TRO, did you manage to concoct a systems or indicator for the 'nukethewhales' guy on the other forum ?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi andypeters:

Welcome to www.kreslik.com.

"Its just that all his indicators are based on nothing more than voodoo."

You are welcome to express your opinion. But when you make a statement like the above, you need to back it up with facts, otherwise it sounds like a personal attack especially considering you used the word ALL.

I don't know how much of this forum you have read. There are many traders profiting from my work and the work of others here. And one thing you'll learn is that we do NOT predict the future. We identify what is happening in the moment and exploit it when we can.

"I am not forcing you to accept my concepts. I only request the traders to review the market from time to time keeping in mind my concepts and if found suitable use in the trades or just ignore. Thanks for your opinion."

bredin

Postby bredin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:06 am

andypeters,
first of all welcome to a forum that allows discussion :)

All indicators are just that- indicators, and DTB is a combination of indicators and methods. If youd read the whole thread youd see theres about 10 slightly (or greatly) different ways of trading the same set of indicators.

There is only one truth in trading, and thats "Am I making money with this methodology". emphasis on "I"

Having said that if you've got examples of using DTB and making losses I'm sure there are lots of knowledgeable people you would love to take a look at your screenshots and offer some input. There could also by some market conditions that DTB fails miserably on and we would appreciate this enlightenment.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:54 am

There was a guy over on BigMikeTradingForum busting my chops over a backtest. He CONCLUDED one of my methods didn't work.

Then I find out he isn't even trading with real money!!

Meanwhile, a few other traders have been making money.

Go figure!!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:02 am

andypeters wrote:Why does anyone think this mumbo jumbo will make them money in the longrun ?

Of course there will be those that win in the short run, just as there will be those that lose but the likelihood that you will consistently make money by following nonesense indicators is simply wishful thinking.

If anyone has discovered a predictive indicator (if such a thing is possible) then they sure as hell won't be offering it to the great unwashed free of charge. They'll use it themselves to make gazillions of dollars.

I wish you guys all the best but really you're all pissing in the wind and sadly most of it will be landing on your lovely new shoes.

I don't mean to demean the work of TRO cos I think he's a great coder and converter of ideas into indicators and he needs to be applauded for his efforts. Its just that all his indicators are based on nothing more than voodoo.

TRO, did you manage to concoct a systems or indicator for the 'nukethewhales' guy on the other forum ?

And how do you enter into trades?

By entering at some random point in time in the future after "confirmation" without the knowledge of whether price will make you a fortune or stop you out?

If you cannot be certain of the future then how is your trading any less voodoo than what we are doing?

The market is going down and we sell

The market is going up and we buy

If that is voodoo then what is not? :roll:

jacal1

Postby jacal1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:33 am

andypeters I am going to be less cordial and less pleasant than the companions I have here they are way too nice.

You got burned and you dont got the #$@% to admit it, now your looking for someone or something to blame your failure on one answer for you.

go to your washroom and look at your mirror that clear image that is looking back at you is the reason you failed not any indicator not any system.

All the indicators in the world is not going to make you rich its you thats gona make you rich if you have it in you from what i have heard you spew more pollution out of your mouth than anything so my geusse is you dont have it in you.

Like Bredin and some of the other TRADERS here we have success with what is given here either it be free or donational, from my experience it is me that has always created a losing trade and not the system my failure to accept a loss at times is what keeps me on my toes but I'm willing to admit its not perfect but when your coming away with 2% per day something is working either it be me or the indicators.

Ugh people like you is why I stay away form other trade forums full of negative #$@% if you cant handle the positive attitude here go back to where you come from! Back to those who still have blinds on better yet why dont you stay and read abit more before you open your mouth again!

To my fellow traders apologies to my attitude its late and i was just catching up on some mail!!

TRO, Mighty and all those that have the sense of sharing the positive experience and the negative lessons here on Kreslik thank you the 3 months here have given the sense of success and self discovery as a trader just wish our environment does not get filled with this negative noise!!

DTB!!
The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge, wisdom and discipline...Prov 1:7

andypeters

Postby andypeters » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:28 am

As I've PM'd TRO, this was never meant to be a personal attack on what he does but to throw in my two penneth that indicators don't help. I appreciate that they're only meant to be indicators and shouldnt be thought of as definitive BUY or SELL signs but nevetheless you'd all get as good results in the longrun by tossing a coin at any point.
It may appear to you that the indicator has helped but in fact it probably hasn't and the fact that it doesn't help 100% makes your conditioned response to its efficacy even stronger. Just look back at the work done in the 50s on conditioning.

If you believe in TA then thats fine and I'm sure you'll go to bed more relaxed which is nice. It's like those Christians who pray and who believe their prayers help. I'm sure there are times when it appears their prayers do help but the reality is, they don't. And still after 2000 years, Christians pray. Just shows the power of conditioning. I'm sure in 2000 years there will be those who still believe TA works.

There's no point in continuing this line of argument however because if you believe in prayers, then I doubt very much any argument will change your mind. We'll just have to agree to disagree and I'm happy with that. And if in the short term your CVFT66X?? indicator works for you, then praise the lord, prayers do work !!

For the record, I'm a totally crap trader, although I've had a lot of success trading pairs and still do that. But I've had a great deal of success writing automated algos that run on Betfair, the betting exchange and that's how I make my living. Not flogging the algos, which I wouldnt do in a million years, but using them and taking advantage of inefficiencies in numerous of their markets.

Best of luck to you all and I really do applaud what TRO is doing but don't think for one minute TA will help you in the longrun. Have fun.

PS. Read 'Fooled by randomness' by N Taleb

Take a look at this site: www.datatime.eu/public/gbot/

Quote:

First of all forget about the possibility to "predict"price direction. Just think, if one would be able to forecast the next 3 minutes, he could easily take over the planet! Second, forget about indicators and ?signals?. They do not work, statistically speaking. You are 50/50.

The best strategies are based on creating the "structural" conditions to statistically obtain a profit. This can be achieved in several ways and different ideas can be explored.

vladv

Postby vladv » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:58 am

I think the best strategy is to use proper money management(NEVER risk more than 1-2% of your account initial capital)!This aproach works even with a simple m a - cross trading system.....but TRO's systems are much better! :idea:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”