Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby v8power » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:55 pm

laksh wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Lol if you are that good then you will be throwing out £10 mio. orders in about 40 trading days. I hope you get there I've got my fingers crossed. =D>

Thank you.

The biggest orders I have done as of date is 1.65 mio. Lol, my stomach churns for the first couple of minutes for orders above 1 mio.
Funny thing is, stomach churn used to be for 100K orders around a year ago!! I will have to grow psychologically to a different level to handle those 10 mio sizes.

Competing with the Self to push own boundaries is lot of fun that I thought.

All the best to your rags to riches project.

Damn Lakish! Your already up to $100,000 orders. Isnt trading with that larger of size fun.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:11 pm

John S. wrote:
aliassmith wrote:10 pips a day?

Call your entries real time or in advance and then we'll be impressed. :)

Anybody who has used 50 lots to scalp has no reason to impress internet trolls.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:31 pm

aliassmith wrote:
dchappy wrote:Hi Alias , a couple questions ,if you don't mind ....you have the atr on your charts, how important do you consider it for your entries & exits ?. Also , have you had any difficulty exiting large positions (20 + ) lots with 1 order . For me ,orders that large seem to cover in pieces ,(5 or less ) at a time .(Maybe it's my broker , or that I'm using market orders ? ) Thx

The atr isn't a big deal. Quick glance to make sure price has been moving enough.

All i can say is big orders take more slippage in relationship to market speed and volume. I've had big orders go all at once and others slip a bunch.

This is one of the reasons for the change in my trading and now entering off of multiple trade entries. It allows me to better control my exits by being able to take profits off when I want/need to or at optimal times. Things like what pair, time of day, actual day and other factors can effect it.

I would love to discuss this topic and more with regarding to size. I have to admit for all the talk about the size of the forex market (trillions) the fact that such small order sizes can slip so much amazes me. I would have thought trading 1,0000 lots at a time would be no problem (its only 10,000 a pip which is nothing compared to trillions). Yes I know it does have a lot to do with brokers and all US brokers suck.

Question Aliass. Have you noticed a decline in overall trade execution from when you were big pippin on MBT to now. I would love to be able to scalp with 50 lot sizes, but the potential slippages puts me off. Also who is your current large account with?

I was thinking about opening a very large account with a US broker and see how I get treated. Does it make a difference when your account is lets say 10 million compared to 1 million? I really want to push the size up this year and take it to the next level.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Here ya go buddy. No classes, no guru. Just long term charts (weekly) and trading pure price action. Start to finish is 13 months. Easy 30,000 pips. I split it over about 10 trades at 10 lots each trade. Easy 3 million.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:58 pm

v8power wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
dchappy wrote:Hi Alias , a couple questions ,if you don't mind ....you have the atr on your charts, how important do you consider it for your entries & exits ?. Also , have you had any difficulty exiting large positions (20 + ) lots with 1 order . For me ,orders that large seem to cover in pieces ,(5 or less ) at a time .(Maybe it's my broker , or that I'm using market orders ? ) Thx

The atr isn't a big deal. Quick glance to make sure price has been moving enough.

All i can say is big orders take more slippage in relationship to market speed and volume. I've had big orders go all at once and others slip a bunch.

This is one of the reasons for the change in my trading and now entering off of multiple trade entries. It allows me to better control my exits by being able to take profits off when I want/need to or at optimal times. Things like what pair, time of day, actual day and other factors can effect it.

I would love to discuss this topic and more with regarding to size. I have to admit for all the talk about the size of the forex market (trillions) the fact that such small order sizes can slip so much amazes me. I would have thought trading 1,0000 lots at a time would be no problem (its only 10,000 a pip which is nothing compared to trillions). Yes I know it does have a lot to do with brokers and all US brokers suck.

Question Aliass. Have you noticed a decline in overall trade execution from when you were big pippin on MBT to now. I would love to be able to scalp with 50 lot sizes, but the potential slippages puts me off. Also who is your current large account with?

I was thinking about opening a very large account with a US broker and see how I get treated. Does it make a difference when your account is lets say 10 million compared to 1 million? I really want to push the size up this year and take it to the next level.

I had a big response made out but it didnt send...ugh. I think sacrophage gave you the down low on handling a large accounts.

If you insist on running retail I would split that money among the top three brokers and stay in the weeds like sacrophage said. Trade them simultaneously with some form of trade management programing for multiple smallish orders. If you are trading big moves you can accumulate/distribute to take advantage of liquidity.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:03 pm

aliassmith wrote:
v8power wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

I had a big response made out but it didnt send...ugh. I think sacrophage gave you the down low on handling a large accounts.

If you insist on running retail I would split that money among the top three brokers and stay in the weeds like sacrophage said. Trade them simultaneously with some form of trade management programing for multiple smallish orders. If you are trading big moves you can accumulate/distribute to take advantage of liquidity.

It was just more of a curious question that's all. This is prob my last year trading forex

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:10 pm

v8power wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
v8power wrote:

It was just more of a curious question that's all. This is prob my last year trading forex

Get setup like sacrophage mentioned and accum/distribute 1000 lots on your 300 pip moves. Plenty of money in Forex if you look in the right places.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:37 pm

aliassmith wrote:
v8power wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Get setup like sacrophage mentioned and accum/distribute 1000 lots on your 300 pip moves. Plenty of money in Forex if you look in the right places.

O I know. I was already doing something like that. But Im looking at Futures for day trading possibly with options and stocks for long term

laksh

Postby laksh » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:44 am

v8power wrote: I have to admit for all the talk about the size of the forex market (trillions) the fact that such small order sizes can slip so much amazes me. I would have thought trading 1,0000 lots at a time would be no problem (its only 10,000 a pip which is nothing compared to trillions). Yes I know it does have a lot to do with brokers and all US brokers suck.

Talk of FX market size of around $5 trillions per day is just for marketing purpose by brokers to lure new traders.

Retail FX daily turnover is a fraction of total FX market size. It is around $320 to $350 Billions per day. Big chunk of that goes to major pairs. Hence the slippage!

Hmm, during some very thin liquidity Asian sessions, it is not that big a deal for Banks/IFs to ride retail trader's stops (or take out some barrier options).

Last night's ride on GBP was a great example. I think it was a well planned coordinated move by a group of big guys to take out some huge barrier options by utilising high levels of GBP bearish sentiment. It was not some fat finger or faulty algo etc as reported in the media :lol:

v8power

Postby v8power » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:34 am

laksh wrote:
v8power wrote: I have to admit for all the talk about the size of the forex market (trillions) the fact that such small order sizes can slip so much amazes me. I would have thought trading 1,0000 lots at a time would be no problem (its only 10,000 a pip which is nothing compared to trillions). Yes I know it does have a lot to do with brokers and all US brokers suck.

Talk of FX market size of around $5 trillions per day is just for marketing purpose by brokers to lure new traders.

Retail FX daily turnover is a fraction of total FX market size. It is around $320 to $350 Billions per day. Big chunk of that goes to major pairs. Hence the slippage!

Hmm, during some very thin liquidity Asian sessions, it is not that big a deal for Banks/IFs to ride retail trader's stops (or take out some barrier options).

Last night's ride on GBP was a great example. I think it was a well planned coordinated move by a group of big guys to take out some huge barrier options by utilising high levels of GBP bearish sentiment. It was not some fat finger or faulty algo etc as reported in the media :lol:

Yea, retail forex and forex are 2 different beast. Retail isn't even really trading sometimes (buyer and sellers). That crash was panned. I watched price all day which is why I had left my short on and didn't switch to long. It was a wide open space they knew would be very few buy orders.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”