The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

forexbob

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby forexbob » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:48 pm

MightyOne wrote:I am just going to take a second to talk about why I don't target sextillions.

1) A stop loss DOES NOT GUARANTEE that you will be able to liquidate at that price, therefore your true risk is anywhere from the 6 pips that you are hoping is your max loss to 40, 70, 140, or even hundreds of pips if price decides to gap on you.
"That is so unlikely...". It really isn't, price makes gap moves all the time that are probably larger than your stop loss.

2) 3.73% per day is FOUR ZEROS per year! Do you make 4 zeros per year? Didn't think so.
Why then do people risk 3 or 5% per trade? They might make 30, 70, 140% or more in a day but they still can not do better than someone who is consistently making a few percent per day (because the effort to make larger %'s consumes more time, both in terms of holding and giving profits back).

3) More risk is just more risk, more profit is just more profit.
Risking more does not make you more money, period, end of story.
You might make more on a given day but overall your gains will be slower.

It is better to spread your trades between three pairs, entering your lots in two or three parts and then increasing the size by a third as price continues to move in your favor, than it is to try and make all of your money in one pair.

I am guilty of being foolish, I didn't understand the value of diversification until recently :shock: :)

4) to goals not through goals.
Complete your first goal and then move to the next. Trying to blast through goals is a very good way to delay it from being reached in the first place.

I hope you listen, I don't want you to learn it the hard way like I did.

Thanks MO,

@1 such as with the news on 3th of june with EURUSD
Attachments
image.png
image.png (90.89 KiB) Viewed 3228 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:47 pm

aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I am just going to take a second to talk about why I don't target sextillions.

1) A stop loss DOES NOT GUARANTEE that you will be able to liquidate at that price, therefore your true risk is anywhere from the 6 pips that you are hoping is your max loss to 40, 70, 140, or even hundreds of pips if price decides to gap on you.
"That is so unlikely...". It really isn't, price makes gap moves all the time that are probably larger than your stop loss.

2) 3.73% per day is FOUR ZEROS per year! Do you make 4 zeros per year? Didn't think so.
Why then do people risk 3 or 5% per trade? They might make 30, 70, 140% or more in a day but they still can not do better than someone who is consistently making a few percent per day (because the effort to make larger %'s consumes more time, both in terms of holding and giving profits back).

It is better to spread your trades between three pairs, entering your lots in two or three parts and then increasing the size by a third as price continues to move in your favor, than it is to try and make all of your money in one pair.

I am guilty of being foolish, I didn't understand the value of diversification until recently :shock: :)

Complete your first goal and then move to the next. Trying to blast through goals is a very good way to delay it from being reached in the first place.

I hit the "like" button on that post. =D>

What does the "rate this post" button do,
for me it does nothing just brings up a box saying something about no reputation points???
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:51 pm

This post would have been amazing years ago for me :mrgreen: , But it does reaffirm what I have decide today and the direction my trading will go from here. I have no idea how you have posted here for 8 years and the amount of time you have given and patience to deal with idiots like me. But you have my utmost respect.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:57 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

I hit the "like" button on that post. =D>

What does the "rate this post" button do,
for me it does nothing just brings up a box saying something about no reputation points???

It only work for MightyOne and TRO
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:42 am

aliassmith wrote:

It doesn't work for me [-X :lol:

The only special treatment I get is the complete and undivided attn. of the trolls.

PERFECT_BAR.mq4
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:08 pm

^^Rationale? Just to avoid gaps from bar to bar?

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:11 pm

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

It doesn't work for me [-X :lol:

The only special treatment I get is the complete and undivided attn. of the trolls.

PERFECT_BAR.mq4

You and TRO are the only ones with rep points that I have seen. Lets face it you are "Special". :lol:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:24 pm

Sacrophage wrote:^^Rationale? Just to avoid gaps from bar to bar?

Some people love gaps, I am not one of those people :)

If the bar closes and price gaps upwards then the prev. close will be the low & I think that, for our purposes, this is the right way to view the gap.

[ALSO SEE THIS POST]

EU_43.png
EU_43.png (250.12 KiB) Viewed 3202 times

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Just killed UJ Mighty style!

123 cone, enter on 2 and scale like a mad man... For a quick 3.5%... When all was said and done i scalped 2 eights...

A thousand bucks is a thousand bucks... :D
:smt065

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:22 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Just killed UJ Mighty style!

123 cone, enter on 2 and scale like a mad man... For a quick 3.5%... When all was said and done i scalped 2 eights...

A thousand bucks is a thousand bucks... :D

There you go...pick up that $1000...3.5% is a good trade.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”