I hate to stir it up, but...

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

alichambers

I hate to stir it up, but...

Postby alichambers » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:30 pm

Dear all,

Although I appreciate this section is for NeoTicker, have any of you looked at NinjaTrader? It's looks cheaper, and has far more advanced order management/automated trading.

I've been using Amibroker charting software and fiddling round with order routing, but will be swapping to NinjaTrader very soon. It's extremely powerfull, works with loads of brokers and is a combination of charting + order management. In fact, order management is the main selling point.

The programming language looks like C#.

Here's one I use a lot:

A simple BUY, with 10 pip SL. Then when 6 pips in profit move SL to +3, and trail SL to see what happens.

Easy to setup, and works with MBTrading, IB, etc... Just click a button to open long or short and it's done.

There is also a REVERSE button - so if the trade is going against you, REV closes current position and opens opposite one with same rules. Very handy indeed.

Scalpers will love NinjaTrader becuase of it's automated rules. Just code the rules and away it goes.

Hope this helps,
Alex

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dbw451

Postby dbw451 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:54 pm

You forgot to mention Ninja Trader's most attractive feature: use for charting, system development, backtesting, and simulation trading is free. They only require a purchase or lease if you want to send live orders to your broker. Also, the number of third party add-ons is exploding. And finally, they provide online training almost everyday.

Ninja Trading order management is not new functionality, its seasoned and been around for years (Ninja Trader is on version 6). They didn't add charting and indicators until version 5.0 and are doing a tremendous job adding new functionality. They are basically a broker independent TradeStation with superior order management, programming language (C#) and tick level data play back. Now if they only had historical backfill data like TradeStation...

Regards,

David
TRADE THE MARKET, NOT THE INDICATORS

http://nickajackcreektradingco.com
Support & Resistance Day Trading

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:57 pm

Well guys I don't think you're really stirring the pot much. NinjaTrader is a great platform and so is NeoTicker. NeoTicker has advanced integration capabilities beyond Ninja, but Ninja is easier to use and has an excellent execution platform. It's kinda like comparing apples and oranges. I like them both myself.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

dbw451

Postby dbw451 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi Edward,

What sort of advanced integration capabilities does NeoTicker have? I'm not sure what you mean. Just curious.

BTW, I currently do not use either product but I'm slowly evaluating Ninja Trader.

Thanks,

David

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:22 pm

David,

Well it can easily be coded using 3rd party code or 3rd party addons. Anything .NET based.

Also Neo has the Grid Optimizer which is a very efficient and used properly can produce excellent optimizations that do not produce curve fit results.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

dbw451

Postby dbw451 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:10 pm

Ahhh, yeah. I seem to remember someone mentioning that they could debug NeoTicker .NET code in Visual Studio and also call NeoTicker from other .Net applications. That is cool because I know of no other charting application with an interactive debugger. They all require print or trace statements to debug.

The Grid Optimizer also looks interesting. I have not read anything on it before. The ability to converge on good answers without iterating through every alternative sounds powerful.

Thanks for pointing these NeoTicker features out.

Regards,

David

snowblind

Postby snowblind » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:15 am

"The Grid Optimizer also looks interesting. I have not read anything on it before. The ability to converge on good answers without iterating through every alternative sounds powerful. "

I still find it very buggy. I have a system that relies on spread data and grid is not friendly to it ;)

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:28 am

Ninja Trader is definitely not a substitution to NeoTicker. But indeed there's one feature that Ninja Trader offers and NeoTicker sadly lacks (as of now). It is open orders information from the broker at the start of a trading system.

Currently, if your computer crashes or gets stuck or you need to restart your trading system in NeoTicker for whatever reason, you don't know whether there are any open orders left at your broker or not after you start your trading system again.

Michal

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:52 pm

Michal,

Good point. Personally I like using Ninja's order interface with NeoTicker's other capabilities.

Edward

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:57 pm

It's always bad if one falls for a religion of any kind unconditionally. Be it Aum Shinrikyo, marriage or NeoTicker :)

Michal

Return to “NeoTicker platform”