A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:29 pm

This is a possibility....

A prediction, NO

Higher time frame analyis, NO

Just whats happening now or could happen....
If it turns out to look like this then I will short

Divergence, now
RB cross, not yet
MACD cross, not yet
lower hight lower low, not yet.

sitting on hands

doji
Attachments
gbpusdm52.png
gbpusdm52.png (56.48 KiB) Viewed 2884 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:34 pm

I dont trade the h1-h4.....to big of time frame and to big of SL area.
Check it later to see how those two time frames would have panned out, I think you will be surprised. Its to early to make that call using just those two time frames. I would have alot bigger sl on a 5 min to trade the 1h-4h...thats why I dont.... It does take Momentum, RB's the opposite direction to push into the previous....its a matter of it breaking... a 5min RB could be a wick in hind sight looking at that high of a time frame....
maybe try the 30 min as entry if your using the 1hr or 4hr...

newscalper wrote:
dojirock wrote:Hi News,

Couple of points.

I have mentioned in the thread and Mo has somewhere a long time ago, use multiples of 4-5 at most. Using the 5 min as a entry chart then use a bias of 4-5 times that max if you want to keep your SL's tight.

Couple post back, bias, lower high, lower low for possible bias change

Using the 1-4 hr, your right it is bearish, but you trade larger SL's with those time frames.

Takes lots of practice to use the RB'S as a bias. Start with something easier. (MACD)

I liked Mo's comment a few post back about simplicity. To me bias is simple but explaining it, the challenge.

My advice is pick one way to determine bias and stick with it. I recommend the macd. We dont trade the crosses, we use it as a momentum bias direction and the RB's as the entry style on a lower time frame.

As you know I hate overlays... so I change the numbers of any indicator to reflect the higher time frames on my entry time based chart.

That being said, look at my macd, its reflecting about a 7-9 min time frame on a 5 min entry chart. Multiple of 4-5 would be a 25 min chart max for bias. I like short ones because I scalp.

I mark the RB's, ignoring most that dont follow the bias. For the next week I will only post this template so you can see the consistancy and simplicity.

newscalper wrote:Right the whole bias thing.
My bias here is short right. Why? Because there is an H1 down zone right there. Also on H4 there's one too.
But,

Short trades failed. Then price goes up and through the zone, shift bias long. Right? Why MACD is long, M15 is long but is tht H1 box just being wicked to the upside, plus it's still within the H4 box??

Now price is above the H1 zone but still inside the H4 zone, MACD saying up, M15 saying up, M5 saying down. LOL. So bias up or down?

Who knows?

OK, that's fair enough...BUT hehe the logic just isn't consistent is it? The charts you recently showed the setup with used H4, H1 and M5?

If I was looking at the H1 only and seeing the red rb I should be thinking short and only short. Yes?
So I'm looking to enter on a shoter tf. and all the entries failed

Magically for some reason the entries from the shorter TF saying 'go long and ignore the big red rb it's the last one in the trend that's going to fail) won out. Why on earth would I go long straight into that?

Look to the left I hear someone say, there's a supply level there.....yeah yeah yeah, here we go again

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Too many questions on one chart

What I'm getting at is that my logic is based purely on the rbs and nothing else. You're using the macd also, and because that is saying long you're electing to ignore certain things based on that. The indi is overriding the logic of the boxes. It's not consistent.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Jalarupa wrote:
newscalper wrote:Jal - if you traded that long, then from a Doji rb pov you're ignoring the higher TF - it was straight up into a 'down' rb on h1? 'Go with H1 behind you', well H1 hasn't broken?

I've since gone long on the thing but from that pov it's early as the H1 rb hasn't broken with an rb to the upside, it's just giong sideways now.

Yeah hence I say its more for the scalpers... \

Not that I have a problem with scalping...

Also note the MA on the M15... I tell you, its some
Funky Vodoo going on...

FUNKY :lol:

raw

Postby raw » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:11 pm

News,

Lets clear this up. I'm not looking at bias or macD. I'm simply looking for what happens as price hits my lines.

It can only do two things, go up with momentum, or down with momentum.

The black rectangles (in the previous chart) are sup and dem, support/res, whatever you wanna call it. I find them simply by looking at momo and the candle previous to it.

Im only in the trade for 10pips at a time. That's all i'm looking for. If price happens to continue in the direction of my first trade, I stack as price crosses with momentum.

Doji said, you need a reason to trade in the opposite direction. That reason is momo in the opposite direction. If you don't see momo in the opposite direction, keep stacking.

This chart below is all the lines Im looking at. I don't draw em anymore. I just look for momo and the candle beside it. The only time I reverse is if I get a momo reversal.
Attachments
gbpusdm5.png
gbpusdm5.png (35.81 KiB) Viewed 3181 times

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:25 pm

dojirock wrote:I dont trade the h1-h4.....to big of time frame and to big of SL area.
Check it later to see how those two time frames would have panned out, I think you will be surprised. Its to early to make that call using just those two time frames. I would have alot bigger sl on a 5 min to trade the 1h-4h...thats why I dont.... It does take Momentum, RB's the opposite direction to push into the previous....its a matter of it breaking... a 5min RB could be a wick in hind sight looking at that high of a time frame....

newscalper wrote:

Couple of points.

I have mentioned in the thread and Mo has somewhere a long time ago, use multiples of 4-5 at most. Using the 5 min as a entry chart then use a bias of 4-5 times that max if you want to keep your SL's tight.

Using the 1-4 hr, your right it is bearish, but you trade larger SL's with those time frames.

Takes lots of practice to use the RB'S as a bias. Start with something easier. (MACD)

I liked Mo's comment a few post back about simplicity. To me bias is simple but explaining it, the challenge.

My advice is pick one way to determine bias and stick with it. I recommend the macd. We dont trade the crosses, we use it as a momentum bias direction and the RB's as the entry style on a lower time frame.

As you know I hate overlays... so I change the numbers of any indicator to reflect the higher time frames on my entry time based chart.

That being said, look at my macd, its reflecting about a 7-9 min time frame on a 5 min entry chart. Multiple of 4-5 would be a 25 min chart max for bias. I like short ones because I scalp.

I mark the RB's, ignoring most that dont follow the bias. For the next week I will only post this template so you can see the consistancy and simplicity.

My bias here is short right. Why? Because there is an H1 down zone right there. Also on H4 there's one too.
But,

Short trades failed. Then price goes up and through the zone, shift bias long. Right? Why MACD is long, M15 is long but is tht H1 box just being wicked to the upside, plus it's still within the H4 box??

Now price is above the H1 zone but still inside the H4 zone, MACD saying up, M15 saying up, M5 saying down. LOL. So bias up or down?

Who knows?

OK, that's fair enough...BUT hehe the logic just isn't consistent is it? The charts you recently showed the setup with used H4, H1 and M5?

If I was looking at the H1 only and seeing the red rb I should be thinking short and only short. Yes?

Magically for some reason the entries from the shorter TF saying 'go long and ignore the big red rb it's the last one in the trend that's going to fail) won out. Why on earth would I go long straight into that?

Look to the left I hear someone say, there's a supply level there.....yeah yeah yeah, here we go again

I think you're mis-understanding me. I'm not saying I'm trading the H1 and H4. What I'm saying is that if there's a big red box there and price pulls back into it, if I WAS trading that tf I should be short. Therefore if price is in that area and I'm trading the M5 I shold be short also and I@m basing my trde entries and decisions on the M5 rbs, looking for an up rb to break down and then retrace just the same, if the H1 is going to hold, which should have more weight, then the M5 will hold also unless the trend is at an end, which, whenever I trade, it invariably is.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:37 pm

raw wrote:News,

Lets clear this up. I'm not looking at bias or macD. I'm simply looking for what happens as price hits my lines.

The black rectangles (in the previous chart) are sup and dem, support/res, whatever you wanna call it. I find them simply by looking at momo and the candle previous to it.

Im only in the trade for 10pips at a time. That's all i'm looking for. If price happens to continue in the direction of my first trade, I stack as price crosses with momentum.

Doji said, you need a reason to trade in the opposite direction. That reason is momo in the opposite direction. If you don't see momo in the opposite direction, keep stacking.

This chart below is all the lines Im looking at. I don't draw em anymore. I just look for momo and the candle beside it. The only time I reverse is if I get a momo reversal.

Fair dinkum, you're not trading like Doji does then

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:46 pm

What im saying is if you use the RB's only then use the RB's from the swings to show the higher time frames. I always trade with two time frames analysis.
What do you like to use as a bias. Let me know and I will show you how I would trade it out. It can be about anything, BB , macd, ma, stochs. Once you find a way to accuratly see a bias you will start to notice many other things. Right now your hit and miss which adds to your confusion.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Nice chart raw, you see it that way, thats all that matters... I have tried to explain this way in the past but seems to be so discretionary for each trader. The lines you drew, nice....and when you draw them and then switch time frames, traders may be surprised what they see? They just need to "see" in there way that is logical to them like we have found for ourselves.

and of course, Mo comes to mind again.....Keep it simple...

doji

raw wrote:News,

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:56 pm

ok i get that. There can be 2-3 5 min cycles in that pullback on the hourly or 4 hour range...thus I feel the SL is too small and to much to risk to trade like that.

newscalper wrote:
dojirock wrote:I dont trade the h1-h4.....to big of time frame and to big of SL area.

newscalper wrote:

Couple of points.

But,

Who knows?

I think you're mis-understanding me. I'm not saying I'm trading the H1 and H4. What I'm saying is that if there's a big red box there and price pulls back into it, if I WAS trading that tf I should be short. Therefore if price is in that area and I'm trading the M5 I shold be short also and I@m basing my trde entries and decisions on the M5 rbs, looking for an up rb to break down and then retrace just the same, if the H1 is going to hold, which should have more weight, then the M5 will hold also unless the trend is at an end, which, whenever I trade, it invariably is.

Return to “beginners forum”