Moderator: moderators

wangyue22

Postby wangyue22 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:47 am

hello newscalper, correct me if i am wrong here TRO,

the reason for going into 5 min to trade is

1. most of us here have very little equity
2. most of us here want profit right away

5 minute chart gives us compare to a weekly chart

1. tighter stoploss (mentally, its easier to consider a 20 pip loss compare to a 200 pip loss, but you could do the same with 200 pip loss, just 1/10 the position size)

2. 5 minute chart will give us indication whether we are right or wrong right away, and also let us take profit anywhere from 1 minute - 30 minute ish, where as a weekly candle, you have to wait a day or a week for that profit/loss to be realized.

hope that helped and not caused more confusion

p.s. i dont think sorry is neccessary, TRO truly want to help and people who are attracted to this forum are mostly good people as well, we are really here to help each other ^.^
"find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life" Confucius

"its all relative" Eisenstein

"if you love everything, then nothing is work, if you think everything is work, then nothing is work" Confustein ^.^

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:03 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:PRICE IS THE SAME ON ALL TIME FRAMES!!

PRICE IS THE SAME ON ALL TIME FRAMES!!

So... I guess ..... that ...... maybe, price..... is like ..... maybe the ... you know, like... the same ..... sorta... on like... ALL time frames.............. maybe?

:-)

bredin

Postby bredin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:35 am

trueblueTEX wrote:

So... I guess ..... that ...... maybe, price..... is like ..... maybe the ... you know, like... the same ..... sorta... on like... ALL time frames.............. maybe?

:-)

Anything you hear 6 times is true...
Ergo anything I say 7 times must be false...
Anything TRO says 16 times had been said 16 times.

G. (logic's a wonderful thing, but its no substitute for actual thought)
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:04 am

:shock:
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

aVi

Postby aVi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 am

Really?...

It can't be... all the charts look different...

I'm going to need further convincing... :twisted:
Wake up Mr. Green...

wangyue22

Postby wangyue22 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:14 am

@bredin
you are so ......, jk. stop putting my brain in inifinite triple loop, oh man, there goes my night again -.-

@aVi

Lol, i hope you are being sarcastic. :shock:

But for anyone who doesn't understand TRO's "copy and paste" from notepad, click one page back -.-

i posted the chart TRO forgot to include.

oOHh, the notepad copy and paste comment still makes me laugh to this day when i think about it. (at least use Word Document LOL, they have spell-check function -.-)

"if you love everything, then nothing is work, if you think everything is work, then nothing is work" Confustein ^.^

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:45 am

wangyue22 wrote:hello newscalper, correct me if i am wrong here TRO,

the reason for going into 5 min to trade is

1. most of us here have very little equity
2. most of us here want profit right away

5 minute chart gives us compare to a weekly chart

1. tighter stoploss (mentally, its easier to consider a 20 pip loss compare to a 200 pip loss, but you could do the same with 200 pip loss, just 1/10 the position size)

2. 5 minute chart will give us indication whether we are right or wrong right away, and also let us take profit anywhere from 1 minute - 30 minute ish, where as a weekly candle, you have to wait a day or a week for that profit/loss to be realized.

hope that helped and not caused more confusion

p.s. i dont think sorry is neccessary, TRO truly want to help and people who are attracted to this forum are mostly good people as well, we are really here to help each other ^.^

Hi Wang. Don't get me wrong I love TRO, let's just get that straight from the off, speak with him often in 2% and not a whiner, just trying to see a way to make this work. Had many an interesting convo with TRO over the last year. Do I use any of TROS strats...nope, do I use any of his indis...erm about 1 I think but that's not the point. If you look at his charts long enough after a while you can see this stuff without any of the indis etc. ALL YOU NEED IS A HORIZONTAL LINE. I just like to draw my lines in certain places that's all :)

I'm afraid if you think about some of your answer...hahum. Price IS THE SAME ON ALL CHARTS but there are things you can identify on some charts apart from others more clearly. The stop for this strat is apparently 10 pips no matter what, where have YOU got 200 from? Whether your stop is 10 pips, 20 pips or 100 pips, if your risk is 2% per trade it's still 2% risk no matter how many pips the stop. 200 pips stop in this contxt is crazy where I think the goal is to capture as much of the daily range as you can. 10 pip stop, 200 pip goal, now we're talking. The original rat was a return from daily high/lo play, this is a breakout play: you'll likely not be trading this at the same time of day as before if the day really moves.

Personally I've traded a couple of strats very similar to this in the past and been able to make it work, although not to my satisfaction - money out must be greater than the value I put on my time in, what swings it to make it profitable? What you do AFTER you enter usually.

I've got plenty of questions for TRO about this strat, one about the stats and I know his answer already as we partially had the conversation about something else just before Christmas. Howver I'm not going to ask any of them now as I see I'm going to be on a hiding to nothing.

I hope some may realise that not everyone asking a question about a new strat variation is a total beginner and may have a touch of the Yalie :):) :twisted: Yes, I can and do think for myself, as TRO must need to also otherwise he's never devise a strat.

TRO went to Yale ?? :lol:

wangyue22

Postby wangyue22 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:14 am

HAHAA, yep, agree with you there newscalper

thanks for the heads up, going back to tucson in feb, gonna meet him then, hopefully.

but i think TRO is teaching us much like beating the arrogance out of us with a stick. i cant imagine trying to explain the same thing 2000 times especially if the person's questions has already been answered 1000 times in the prior posts.

yes, i agree with you completely that there are a lot of things that are perceived easier on one time frame than the other much like how a two bar insidebar pattern is really a pin bar on a double time frame.

edit: newscalper, you are a cruel person (joking offcourse), but you did provoke me into thinking of this for a bit:
three bar reversal (three white soldiers/ black crows):

since market is up/down 50/50 the probablity of 3 down/up bars is really .5^3 power or 12.5% of this occurance happening and if market tries to go back into equilibrium of being 50/50 then there will be ~ 87.5% chance that the next bar is going to close opposite of the previous 3 bars.

since no matter what time interval you use, there will always be a higher one that encompasses yours, and we know from TRO's statistical analysis that if one closed green the chance of the next candle close green is 60%, if we are going to use the 3 white soldier/crows, we must also take this in the consideration which lead to the next candle formation which somewhat explains TRO's statements why there is no trend and trend is only our perception.

morning star/ abandoned baby must be used on top and bottoms. why?

what we perceive as top and bottom just means that there had been more green bar or red bar and this is not unlike the rat reversal zone logic. (if one could customize intervals, i bet you can make your perceive uptrend (top) as having 3 up bars and vice versa for perceived downtrend bottom)

oh, i dont use any of the indis either now TRO has pounded the arrogance out of me and made me realize that im just a rat in the market, i dont even have the same platform. LOL

i agree with you one hundred percent. i use lines for visual, same concept of high probability entries but ususally hand drawn. try to go birthday suit on the market in the future, but i am not ready yet and i know that. now the market is in a two piece bikini on my chart. ^.^

isn't it crazy how we started out opening our first chart and the market was in its birthday suit, after you realize the truth about the market, you come back full circle and trade it using its birthday suit in which you first began?

oh, dont get me wrong by any means, i am posting for those who are a level behind so to speak, so i apologize if my post offended you or anyone reading for that matter and if you already know what the heck im talk about, then by all means, ignore, but not everyone is on the same level here

just trying to help

since we are pickin on TRO atm, he still codes using logic right??? i doubt he drives around the foothill area in tucson making all right turns. LOL, that be funny if he DOES. (spirally home)

just saying ;)

i think TRO post not being a yalie in his main thread due to the fine line one must partake to find the balance between rat/yalie. once you realize you are just a rat compared to the market, then we just need to be smarter, find more rules to bend, but still within the market as a whole. ^.^

i apologize if my reply offended you and that was not the initial intention. -.- (mathmatical brain here, not good for writing to begin with and english is not my first language = disaster when trying to get my idea/intention across without a PHD thesis ) :(

i truly apologize once again newscalper even if my post offended you just a bit.

i get it that master TRO is trying to make us learn concepts and not mechanical trading, thats why i truly think of him as my teacher number 1. because he is teaching a person how to fish and unlike most the other's out there just giving the noobs their left over fish head.

i will stop here on my post as this then can lead to another circle, fractual, relativity, E=mc^2 etc etc. all the blah blah blah that goes on in my head that doesnt directly pertain to a trading forum.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:04 pm

:D No not offended at all, nothing to get offended at. I know I myself can be just a little ascerbic at times :x

:lol:

wangyue22

Postby wangyue22 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:09 pm

that makes me feel good. my gf still gets mad at me sometime when i say i dont care when i really mean is that which ever action she takes, i have no opinion, but see how i dont really know how to word that??? if you can help me on what should i say in a situation like that, it be great. :)

again, please forgive me as my articulation skill is not exactly my strong suit and i just looked up on dictionary.com what ascerbic means. LOL i also, edited my post, i dont know if you saw the edit as it relates a bit to what you were asking TRO.

aserbic: sour or bitter in taste.

nice one, gonna whip that out on my gf when i get back to tucson lol. she be suprised i know that word. my vocab never got pass the college entrance exam lol

Return to “TheRumpledOne”