Why You Lose At Trading

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:43 pm

so many posters who never post no more.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:32 pm

That's the nature of the game. It's not called zero sum for no reason. Many will wash out, usually because they thought that this would be "easy" money.
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

scarecrow93

Postby scarecrow93 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:05 am

Yep. You're exactly right. Many die out after the "Download this magic EA and return $54,564,323 in 28 months...lookey at my doctored backtest results!!! Only $159 for financial freedom!" phase.

What they don't realize is it takes work to get results. Mental work. I spend alot of time looking at "systems" subjectively to see what has a chance and suits my trading style. That means a good chunk of the weekend analyzing. The drop outs don't have the attention span or will to do that.

I've been lurking around different boards since I found TRO on the Stockfetcher forums last year. I too got suckered into the "lookey at this great EA!!!" briefly. I think most of us have. If you don't understand the system you don't know when the magic EA is going wrong.

maddman

Which EA's Lose?

Postby maddman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:31 pm

After fooling around with this Forex trading stuff for several years now, I have found out which EA's make money. All of them make money, what they don't tell you is they will all eventually lose all that you made and the rest you have in your account. So if you want to make money, make one and sell it, never use it yourself. Then you've made money... I suggest you do not attach your real name to it, as sooner or later somebody will want to cave your head it.
Respectfully,

Maddman :shock:

maddman

Postby maddman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:47 pm

All I know is I am glad TRO came out with the PDF. that explains a lot of the usage of his working indicators for making a trade. I welcome all info and data on the "Trade like a Rat method".

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:00 pm

I read it several times. Nice work TRO. It was very blunt, profound and thought provoking!
Life is just a journey

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Glad you traders liked it.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

genlogins

Postby genlogins » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi TRO,

I have read today some more post in this forum, that is because I had time.

I found more interesting threads here and there, and this one was one of them.

I would donate for your ebook, but I am saving in order to donate for your donation indicators.

I am trading for the last month or more with the NLA indicators.

Last week I was 95% drawdown, and during this week I achieve a great result to get my drawdown to 80% or so. It was a hard week of waking up during the night and wait, wait, and trade for only 4 hours every day.

Today however, I had company, my Forex mentor. Well, I started with her, but I know more now than her.

I was going to tell her about your forum and technique, but I left an empty space.

I told her that I was testing a new system that I got somewhere.
After a few hours waiting, she made me impatient, and with all stories of we need to get millionaires with forex, etc. etc. you know the type hype of person.

I just want an amount of money that can help me pay for my holidays or get a car, and help my family.

Anyway, I was trading, and she does not belong to my trading. But, because she still thinks she is my mentor, i allow her to stay.

Oh........ what have I done. Bad trade here, bad trade there, not quitting, etc.

After 8 hours trading from which 6 hours with her, my drawdown is up to 96%.

I am even ashamed to post such trading images. :shock:

Well, I learn a lesson, "do not open the f.... door." And I am going to apply as part of the trading system.

I am not thinking in telling her about this forum. But she was my mentor.

What should I do?

So, now that I had some time I did this front cover that you can use for your ebook. All the materials that I used to produce that images are licensed to me, so you can use as your copyright material.

Thanks for all the help. You may PM if you need more info.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:50 pm

genlogins wrote:Hi TRO,

I have read today some more post in this forum, that is because I had time.

I found more interesting threads here and there, and this one was one of them.

I would donate for your ebook, but I am saving in order to donate for your donation indicators.

I am trading for the last month or more with the NLA indicators.

Last week I was 95% drawdown, and during this week I achieve a great result to get my drawdown to 80% or so. It was a hard week of waking up during the night and wait, wait, and trade for only 4 hours every day.

Today however, I had company, my Forex mentor. Well, I started with her, but I know more now than her.

I was going to tell her about your forum and technique, but I left an empty space.

I told her that I was testing a new system that I got somewhere.
After a few hours waiting, she made me impatient, and with all stories of we need to get millionaires with forex, etc. etc. you know the type hype of person.

I just want an amount of money that can help me pay for my holidays or get a car, and help my family.

Anyway, I was trading, and she does not belong to my trading. But, because she still thinks she is my mentor, i allow her to stay.

Oh........ what have I done. Bad trade here, bad trade there, not quitting, etc.

After 8 hours trading from which 6 hours with her, my drawdown is up to 96%.

I am even ashamed to post such trading images. :shock:

Well, I learn a lesson, "do not open the f.... door." And I am going to apply as part of the trading system.

I am not thinking in telling her about this forum. But she was my mentor.

What should I do?

So, now that I had some time I did this front cover that you can use for your ebook. All the materials that I used to produce that images are licensed to me, so you can use as your copyright material.

Thanks for all the help. You may PM if you need more info.

take this for what it is

you have no business trading size relevant to putting your account at risk. You can either take this advice or you will be in the same position 10 years from now.

trading is mental. If you do not believe that you can do it then you will not be able to do it. The only way that you can believe is if you do. The only way to do is to trade at a monetary level that has no bearing on your account. Trade at 1 cent a pip, and then gradually move up your size as you become consistent.

if 1 cent is too low to cause your emotions to be involved then trade at .05 .1 1 a pip or whatever.

If you want to build 300 million dollar sky scrapers as your job, you cant just walk onto the job site and start building because you have no idea what you are doing in order to construct the massive building. So you start building residential, then condos, maybe complexes and THEN you build the big ones as you learn how to do it.

you cant just jump in and expect anything to work much less trading

you have to build the emotional foundation in order to build the account :wink:

your "mentor" doesn't sound like a very good one
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

maddman

Postby maddman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:29 pm

I advise you to READ: "Trading In The Zone" by Mark Douglas this may help prepare you for the trading climate.
Maddman

Return to “TheRumpledOne”