TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:57 pm

dragon33 wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
newark18 wrote:wow, 50% retracements everywhere once you try to find them

Yes they are and it is an edge I use in my trading. I believe Dragon33
mentions 50% also, sorry I don't follow him so much. Not sure
exactly how he incorporates it.

The 50% areas are everywhere on the charts. Starting with the body of an H1 candle. The retraces are also 50% and so on. When you start looking for them, yes they are everywhere on the chart and yes they are very important

When I was researching fibs for awhile I did SEE the relationship of price
retracing 50%. (not timeframe dependent)

It seems as though you fade the 50% as I do and look for continuation of
trend.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Re: Rat Reversal automations

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 am

newschool wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
Additionally, I don't think I've heard of anyone putting a successful automation on TRO's Rat Reversal off of Daily Extreme's, so just b/c it can't be done automatically, doesn't mean that with a little human discretion it couldn't be successful manually... {referring to your automated strategies, and me wanting to combine Bollinger Bands with Rat Reversals}.

Well I already have the RAT automated, so just tell me what you want to add to it.

Thanks newschool, I will definitely keep this in mind if I think up something I feel confident enough in.

Can you apply the automations to custom time frames (like say, M12 chart candles)??

Thanks
~Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:13 am

SkavenDC wrote:Tyger. Keep the faith. Fight the demons and continue forth. I too battled some old demons of mine over the past couple weeks. The past week was the first time I was able to see green on the excel I use to track my trading progress. Been seeing a lot of red lately. I feel more comfortable in the trades I have taken. Trade demo if you have to. For me, I always knew I was trading with fake money and could never get past it. I trade live and just lower my lot size (can't lower it much more then it already is). :smt046

Edward
Skaven,
Instead of doing your own Excel sheet, maybe to consider http://www.fxstat.com or http://www.myfxbook.com ??

In addition to keeping track of your P/L, they do a ton of different, fancy data analysis's .

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39763#39763

~Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Humble

Postby Humble » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:37 am

How did you get a link to an individual post?
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:45 am

MightyOne wrote:If you understood how simple this is then you would just do it.

The trick is to scale in and rest your average orders beyond S&R :shock:
Thanks MO, if simplicity is possible, then I believe that once I keep this in mind, I will be able to find it as well.
After taking some time off, I feel much better to relax, take it easy, enter with smaller lot size, and learn to let the charts talk to me without overcomplicating.

:evil: And of course PATIENCE IS KEY! :evil:

TygerKrane

Re: Links to Posts

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 am

Humble wrote:How did you get a link to an individual post?

...when I do my cut & paste notes, I include a link to the exact post, so that if necessary i can go back and check out the note in the context of the thread. This "" icon {next to 'Posted: <Date>'} gives you the link to the exact post.

~Krane

Humble

Postby Humble » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:03 am

Thanks Krane.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:40 am

newark18 wrote:Tyger,

You certainly have been putting in a lot of effort with this thread. With all this work, you are surely on your way.

Yep, I'm figuring it out bit by bit. And I'm also remembering to keep a simple outlook with the charts.

But I've been noticing your moves too, Mr. "I figured that i can't get help unless I start posting." :D

When I get back to Blind Mouse, I'll be checking your recent posts for more insights.

~Krane

SkavenDC

Postby SkavenDC » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:44 am

TygerKrane wrote:Skaven,
Instead of doing your own Excel sheet, maybe to consider http://www.fxstat.com or http://www.myfxbook.com ??

In addition to keeping track of your P/L, they do a ton of different, fancy data analysis's .

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39763#39763

~Krane

Thanks for the input. I will definitely check those out (especially fxstat), but for now, I will still use my excel. It's an ever growing excel I put together myself that tracks my progress (just manually inputted lots gained/lost and money gained/lost) and uses that information with some other predefined variables to determine number of pips needed per day/week, lot size to trade, etc. Just lets me know how far I've come and how far I need to go based on my money management rules. Even lets me know if I exceeded my goal. It also tells me if I need to stop for the day. The other day I threw in some extra cells into my "if" statements that will still allow me to trade if my wins exceed my losses by a certain ratio.

Edward

PS - Seems you have your focus back. That's good to hear. There's already too much to read on this board, but I would have hated for your thread to go away. Good luck.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:44 pm

MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:[highlight=darkred]Looking for lessons on how to best handle the consolidation part...[/highlight]
Waiting for outcome to compare with what happened yesterday...
Trying to cut down on my drawdowns. (and my overall horrible trading, lol.)

{even though my helpful note from Pablo101 said: "You guys really need to wait for MOMO"}

Are you starting with and trading based on a high TF chart?

If so then you will start off with a 1/5 or 1/4 position and increase your position size as larger periods of time close over stronger and stronger imaginary lines.

MightyOne,
I must admit this is about as far as I usually look as far as higher timeframe goes. (When trading, I am visually focused on the M15/M45CC chart):

I feel, if I go look out on the H4 this is what I'll get, and don't think that little bit more will help:

And this is my chart in relation to a daily that I might pull back to: (I guess I check it out occasionally, but I can't explain it, it feels weird trying to make decisions off of it if my focus is the M15/M45CC and if I am already getting as much info as I am getting in the blue rectangle.

And I'm not saying I disagree with anything you're saying, maybe, I just like the frequency of signals I get on the M90, and when I look at daily, it seems like I'm waiting longer for a signal, so it feels like I'm not viewing it correctly or doing it right at that timeframe...

Return to “beginners forum”