TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon May 17, 2010 4:04 am

tmanbone wrote:Which Cash Zone would you place your money on?

Be sure to check newschool out over here, the Fri - Sun/Mon gap trades are pretty consistent. Nice way to spend the evening. Cheers,

http://kreslik.chom/forums/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

Yes, I DO love to watch that weekly gameshow, "Close the Gaps." I look forward to it on Sundays.

My bet for this week's EJ is on Green/Long. (you don't really need a target from me right?? I'm just gonna say target 1, always :roll: )

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

bredin

Postby bredin » Mon May 17, 2010 4:48 am

I thought long EJ, been run over once, Hoping this is the bottom now....

G
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

bredin

Re: Am I retarded?

Postby bredin » Mon May 17, 2010 11:40 am

TygerKrane wrote:Would someone please be kind enough to tell me why going LONG EJ at this precise point was not a good, high probability decision, regardless of how it actually turns out?

THAT IS TO SAY (if you have a little extra time; or if it is a super easy question for you) how would YOU act presented with the live charts presenting like this??

I know this is me being impulsive, but still I was curious to hear the 'logical' reasons why this was not a wise thing to do.

Explain the obvious. Please. The more the merrier, pile on the insults. 8) I'm cool wit that.

::EDIT:: sorry for the low quality pic, I did something screwy in my haste to get the live action out to you guys; I already know, this will be the ugliest pic in my whole entire thread now matter how many pages I reach :( , begging your forgiveness...

Theres NO upward MOMO at that stage to give a long zline??

I took a trade about there and got took out, and rentered a bit later that went well until I added a position and got took out :(

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 21, 2010 4:36 am

Theres NO upward MOMO at that stage to give a long zline??

Thanks bredz, you have NO idea how much light you just shone into a dark tunnel... :smt032

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 21, 2010 4:50 am

tmanbone wrote:Which Cash Zone would you place your money on?

Be sure to check newschool out over here, the Fri - Sun/Mon gap trades are pretty consistent. Nice way to spend the evening. Cheers,

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2444&start=0

Hey tmanbone,
Maybe we'll Both be gettin' our Weekly Crash on!

TygerKrane

Interesting Madness (#1)

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 21, 2010 5:22 am

So, I really was NOT supposed to be trading this week, but dammit, all I want to do is sharpen up my skills and techniques as I watch everyone else trying learn how to do their thing as well, it's just oh so motivating being around you guys. Not to mention the fact that, I ALWAYS feel like "I am 1-2 days away from mastering my technique," so it's that much harder to stop if you think you are about to cross the finish line of a long, hard journey that you have already poured your every free moment and sacrificed yourself into.

In trading though, I was very thankful to find that I was still without money anxiety. i will keep going with the theme (I repeat it here only to reinforce with myself): it was like I was Enjoying the Beauty of the Moon, instead of stressing over the Finger that Was Pointing to It.

I AM thinking & trying to take into consideration TRO's statement:
"Once it is in your account, IT IS YOUR MONEY! DO NOT EVER FORGET THAT FACT."

But at the same time I felt most relaxed this week (on my both entries AND holding on to trades) when I considered:
[highlight=darkorange]This is binary, it is all digital money, when I am in a trade and the account fluctuates, it is nothing more than the ebb and flow of a blurred line of 0's and 1's shifting back and forth through my account, like waves on a beach. That which flows out with the flow, I can also get to flow in with the ebb; as long as I remain calm...[/highlight]

Sorry if I waste you guys time with this post, but being able to find a Zen-state while traveling this path is priceless. Will definitely be a re-read for me.

TygerKrane

Changing my headquarters

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 21, 2010 11:21 am

So, I've decided now that I will make some changes to my [highlight=darkorange][font=Microsoft Sans Serif]Trading Station Headquarters[/font][/highlight]. I'm still mainly a BZ guy, but will be getting more into zlines. I need to read through NLA though, I've gotten a fairly good understanding by trying to imitate people's charts and reading what's been posted in the last 1 and a half months, but I want to see if I can get it right by going back to the original source.

I am finally putting up a 15m with Custom Candle. I still like to immediately know where I am within the 4hr, so I threw in a 4hr minichart that matches up to the timespan of the 15min candles; and if that isn't enough, I left a matched-up chart window behind so I can click back or front window and see more directly how the 15m fits within the 4hr. Simple! {I don't like to use Custom Candles on top of Custom Candles.}

--and lines up perfectly, so I don't get lost from where my 15m is in the larger time-frame--

TygerKrane

Interesting Madness (#2)

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 21, 2010 12:12 pm

So I did some downright crazy-a$$ things with my trading this week. All because, I didn't WANT to trade, but COULDN'T pull myself away from it, like mentally, I was drained before I even turned on my trading station because I have a ton of other crap to do in a short period of time. :(

The craziness I did this week was definitely because I was a bit bummed out.

Last week was supposed to be my week off from trading, but I thought EURJPY was in a unique year low position and if I missed it, I would regret the great position that I could set myself up for. Well, lo and behold, EJ is in the same range this week as last week, I really could've taken a 100% break and not missed a thing :(

So anyways, I feel close to my success, but at the same time, I feel like I don't want to do anymore real, dedicated trading until I go through Never Lose Again first, for zline trading bootcamp, and then go through lukx zline blog, for all the restatements of what zline trading is. [I will consider 'myself'/'my training' complete when I can confidently add Zline to my BZ. <I don't think I intend to ever stop learning though, but anything else more would just be extra credit>]

And when I put back on my serious-traders hat again, I want to be able to say "6 more weeks to iron out the rough spots and reach my consistency."

Amidst all this, I pulled out some lessons this week, very basic and stupid I admit, but I guess I just had to let myself get burned a little, so I can respect and avoid them in the future. (And have something to Journal about, lol.)

TygerKrane

Interesting Madness (#3)

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 21, 2010 1:29 pm

[font=Tahoma][highlight=black]Opportunity is wasted if you don't know what to do with it once it is in your hands. And makes you feel very stupid to be looking at the damn thing in your hands that you KNEW you wanted, and now you realize you have NO IDEA what you're supposed to do next.[/highlight][/font]

First I kind of had conflicting goals for the week. I didn't really feel like trading, but since EJ is at yearly low, I thought the best thing for me to do is to see if I could catch a long position at the bottom, and then I could just do nothing and take a break till next week or something, confident that I had a position that wouldn't be touched. That was the first goal.

So Sunday night, I went for a Hail Mary trade, and woke up to this:
{first trade on left placed 12:05AM EST (sun night, monday morning)}

I woke up and realized, "This might be a good time to study and experience adding to positions," This became the other goal. [Note: that is why in picture above, the two entries in the upper right, I was only supposed to use one of the orders, but I wasn't paying attention and both of them triggered.]

That is when I realized, I REALLY HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO.

So my 3 unit average is marked in the pic. I had to go to work, (and again, mentally, I wasn't in it) I figured "the price is 114.50...there is NO WAY THAT it will drop 150 points before I get home from work in the evening so I can better analyze what I'm supposed to be looking for next," so I put my SL at 113.00. Then I checked kreslik.com at work and Bredin gave me the news. :shock: #-o (I actually laugh as I remember how it happened, how my heart sank, lol.)

So, no, bredin, I banked NO PROFIT off of that one. Weird as it sounds, I wasn't looking for profit, I was more looking for a live account example to practice averaging and adding to positions (how the account fluctuates, how my emotions fluctuate as I see money that I gained at 1x disappear twice as fast at the speed of 2x or 3x because of attempts to add positions.)

What makes it sicker is the fact that I have NEVER had a 175pip gain, let alone a combined 75pip and additional 40pip gain tacked on. ](*,)

[marq=left][highlight=black]BUT I BELIEVE IN MYSELF AS BECOMING A LONG-TERM, CAREER TRADER. PERIOD.[/highlight][/marq]

so f-# it.

[highlight=indigo]I will be around to catch more gains like this, this is only one run of many I will experience in my career.[/highlight]

:!: P.S. But in real life, I am still a broke-a$$ guy wit a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke) so I don't know how many 100+ pip runs I will bravely let go by me as I 'learn'. :!:
Last edited by TygerKrane on Wed May 26, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

TygerKrane

Interesting Madness (#4)

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 21, 2010 1:51 pm

[font=Tahoma][highlight=black]Just because you have a long bias and think the market is going long, doesn't mean that you can arbitrarily throw on long orders, hoping one will stick.[/highlight][/font]

So after I lost that last one (unbelievable, I let a position run for 6 hours, I give myself 150pip protection, and the damn thing goes 200pips down and 180 pips back up in like three hours.)

So, after I lost that last one, I REALLY just wanted to set up a long order, and leave it alone for the rest of week, I wanted to be in the market, but I didn't want to be bothered like I explained in previous post.

So Tuesday and Wednesday, I just haphazardly kept throwing long orders on EURJPY (and losing money over and over---just draining my account), I just wanted to get my large cushion of profit, so that I could explore the question, [highlight=white]"How would you add to a position if you knew at the very least, that you found the bottom? Would that make you invincible? Would that knowledge make it easier to gun for sextillions? :shock:"[/highlight] [Responses, welcomed, please.]
Last edited by TygerKrane on Wed May 26, 2010 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “beginners forum”