TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Master Candles

Postby TygerKrane » Sun May 16, 2010 7:38 pm

I really like Master Candles. I think great expectations can me made on them. Maybe I do a future post on them. I forgot we have a little Master Candle thread here at Kreslik. It has some info, discussion, links and you can get Your Very Own TRO indicator for it! Actually, the thread is how I first heard about them. Maybe I revive the thread.

I think the guy who originally came up with Master Candle concept is based at http://www.forex4noobs.com

Two good pdf's on the topic from Forex Factory here:

Anyways, this is the reason I couldn't stay out of the market last week: [I played it good, until I played it stupid, see post from earlier today.] <I don't really focus on M30 Master Candle, I think, if anything, I would prefer the M90 chart as my secondary Master Candle source.>

And mid-week, a Master Candle within a Master Candle formed: (For some reason, I'm still always mystified to see the target get hit, it's stupid, I know, price is going to go somewhere eventually.) (TRO's default sets the target at 1.5x the range of the Master Candle.)

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

MT4 Fib tool help

Postby TygerKrane » Mon May 17, 2010 1:43 am

I need some help,
I'm using MT4's Fib Retracement Tool (from the insert menu.) I place the line on my chart, and it tells me my Fib values, but not what the actual CHART values are at that point. How do I make it do that, I thought I saw it work like that before in this program?

Thanks,

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

gfg1

Re: MT4 Fib tool help

Postby gfg1 » Mon May 17, 2010 1:55 am

Open up the fibo properties dropdown (right click on fib) . Go to Fibo Levels. In the description enter: %$ (50.0)

for 50%

Then do same for other values.

Hope this helps.

TygerKrane wrote:I need some help,
I'm using MT4's Fib Retracement Tool (from the insert menu.) I place the line on my chart, and it tells me my Fib values, but not what the actual CHART values are at that point. How do I make it do that, I thought I saw it work like that before in this program?

Thanks,

Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

TygerKrane

Am I retarded?

Postby TygerKrane » Mon May 17, 2010 2:49 am

Would someone please be kind enough to tell me why going LONG EJ at this precise point was not a good, high probability decision, regardless of how it actually turns out?

THAT IS TO SAY (if you have a little extra time; or if it is a super easy question for you) how would YOU act presented with the live charts presenting like this??

I know this is me being impulsive, but still I was curious to hear the 'logical' reasons why this was not a wise thing to do.

Explain the obvious. Please. The more the merrier, pile on the insults. 8) I'm cool wit that.

::EDIT:: sorry for the low quality pic, I did something screwy in my haste to get the live action out to you guys; I already know, this will be the ugliest pic in my whole entire thread now matter how many pages I reach :( , begging your forgiveness...

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon May 17, 2010 3:17 am

E/J is a south bound train, red rats getting fat. Leaving the station @ 114.75 S/R heading to the next station 110.2. All aboard.

Last edited by tmanbone on Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

TygerKrane

Re: MT4 Fib tool help

Postby TygerKrane » Mon May 17, 2010 3:31 am

gfg1 wrote:Open up the fibo properties dropdown (right click on fib) . Go to Fibo Levels. In the description enter: %$ (50.0)

for 50%

Then do same for other values.

Hope this helps.

TygerKrane wrote:I need some help,

Thanks,

Pure.Genius. gfg, Thanks ~Krane

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon May 17, 2010 3:33 am

The Euro's down.

The Yen is up. Watch your currency futures too.

Don't get run over by the train, only looking at the tracks. Eyes on the horizon.

T

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 am

tmanbone wrote:E/J is a south bound train, red rats getting fat. Leaving the station @ 114.75 S/R heading to the next station 110.2. All aboard.

How interesting, no Master Candle on the Daily, unlike the H4 from that period. And on another note, the M90 Master Candle has a southbound target of 111.13 as the 1.5x risk:reward ratio.. I might consider finding appropriate entry trigger, but am done for the night.

Keep Piling On Those Answers if you have the time, Pirates and Piratesses!

TygerKrane

goodnight...

Postby TygerKrane » Mon May 17, 2010 3:44 am

EJ looks soo easy to trade for this and the next H4.

But my best [highlight=orange]discretion[/highlight] tells me that I am too tired to follow through with anything sensibly, so I'm out.

How's THAT for discretionary trading?

Can't wait to do my morning comparisons,

Later,
Krane

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Mon May 17, 2010 3:50 am

Which Cash Zone would you place your money on?

Be sure to check newschool out over here, the Fri - Sun/Mon gap trades are pretty consistent. Nice way to spend the evening. Cheers,

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2444&start=0

T

Return to “beginners forum”