platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

michal.kreslik

TheRumpledOne switching to NeoTicker? New group discount

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:17 am

[align=center]TheRumpledOne possibly switching to NeoTicker?[/align]

[align=center]NeoTicker discount for kreslik.com members[/align]

[align=center][/align]

As you can see at the picture above, here on the Mexican beach I've had plenty of time to talk TheRumpledOne into switching from Tradestation to NeoTicker :D We have yet to see if this really happens, but one thing is clear to me: Avery is wasting his immense programming talent on writing code in the "child's toy" language named EasyLanguage.

But guess what: now TheRumpledOne is going to get a permanent NeoTicker license, so he will start coding for NeoTicker!

TheRumpledOne is a pretty conservative guy, so I guess the transition from Tradestation to NeoTicker will take some time, but I'm positive he is going to stay with NeoTicker. One of the reasons being that he can't post on Tradestation forums any more as he got banned from the forums for posting the Tradestation code for free there. You see - Tradestation management is obviously not happy to see their customers getting help for free (why is that? look here).

Instead, NeoTicker community is going to welcome TheRumpledOne with open arms. I have actually already arranged for special NeoTicker licensing conditions for TheRumpledOne with the NeoTicker authors. The authors are more than GLAD TheRumpledOne is going to grab one NeoTicker license for him. Compare this to the way how HORRIBLY has Avery been treated at Tradestation!

Personally, I switched to NeoTicker last August from Tradestation for several reasons. No feature out of those listed below is available in Tradestation:
  • I can connect to any broker I wish with NeoTicker
  • I can choose any datafeed I wish with NeoTicker
  • I can use any .NET programming language in NeoTicker (less geeky users might use NeoTicker's Formula language, which is similar to EasyLanguage). I'm using Microsoft C#.NET in Visual Studio 2005 environment for developing NeoTicker code (get it for free here). As I said above, EasyLanguage is just a child's toy compared to any .NET programming language.
  • Forex trading automation is possible with NeoTicker (while Tradestation keeps saying they're working on it for the last 3 years or so)
  • NeoTicker programmers are listening to their customers and are always quick to correct any bug found by the users (which is definitely NOT the case for Tradestation)
Just one little note: when I phoned to Tradestation about me cancelling the subscription, they asked me what was the reason and I answered "because you banned TheRumpledOne" :) Of course, that was not the only reason at all, but I guess it would be fun if all Tradestation customers who are switching to NeoTicker would provide this same reason :lol: :lol:

NeoTicker discount for kreslik.com members

As for the special NeoTicker discount for kreslik.com members: in the recent months, many of you have been asking me if you could get NeoTicker for some discounted price as was the case in August 2006. At that time there was a special NeoTicker discount available for kreslik.com members.

I talked to NeoTicker head of sales, Mr. Kenneth Yuen and he agreed to offer a second round of the discount for kreslik.com members :D

The list price is $1300, the discounted price for kreslik.com members will be $900. This price will be valid until the cutoff date, which is February 28th, but only if there are at least 10 people interested in the discount. There's no limit on how many kreslik.com members may take advantage of the discount until Feb 28th.

If there is less then 10 people interested, there will be no discount available. But I'm sure it's gonna be a piece of cake to meet that requirement as the last time about 25 kreslik.com members bought the platform for the discounted price. Up to now, I have already received 6 requests for the discount from you and I have passed these requests to NeoTicker management.

If you're interested in getting NeoTicker for the discounted price, then please go ahead and either PM me or email me to michal.kreslik(at)kreslik.com.

Last but not least, people were asking me if I'm involved in any way with NeoTicker or Tickquest. No, I'm not involved nor affiliated with Tickquest (NeoTicker) in any way and I'm not getting any commission for making this group discount available for the kreslik.com members. Just for the record, if any other vendor of good trading software contacts me with a similar discount offer for kreslik.com forum members, I'd be definitely more than happy to organize that for our members!

I wish you a great day! Ours in Mexico is definitely terrific:

[align=center][/align]
Michal
Last edited by michal.kreslik on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:39 am

Michal& Avery

I love the beach chairs picture. You guys are too much. Save one for me.

Jeff in VA (though I wantabe in Mexico with you!!!)
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:25 am

If TRO goes over to NeoTicker then so will I.

Michal, you're converting us all from the darkside. NT needs to put you on their payroll :)

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

nicknextmove

Postby nicknextmove » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:00 am

I have a better idea - why don't we build our own platform?

With TRO as the head programmer, Michal as his deputy, and the rest of us as contributors we should be able to pull this off.

I would be more than willing to contribute.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:38 am

eudamonia wrote:If TRO goes over to NeoTicker then so will I.

Michal, you're converting us all from the darkside. NT needs to put you on their payroll :)

Edward

It's not a good idea. Me being on any platform's payroll would prevent me from criticizing that platform. You can be sure that if NeoTicker ever becomes #2, I'll switch to #1 platform with no mercy :)

Michal

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:41 am

nicknextmove wrote:I have a better idea - why don't we build our own platform?

With TRO as the head programmer, Michal as his deputy, and the rest of us as contributors we should be able to pull this off.

I would be more than willing to contribute.

Actually, I'm thinking about the same :)

I've already written an SQL tick history machine in C#.NET (with a current total of 252 million ticks within), where I am performing certain testing tasks, but writing a whole platform, that's another story. It's not as easy as it might seem.

Michal

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:31 am

Michal

You all stink. Here I am just getting started with TS 8.2 over the past three days and there you are converting TRO to NT. What am I to do but convert to NT?

This is for the long term best in that as I've been running TS 8.2 with indicators, and paper trading EFXgroup platform of the past two days, (pls don't tell TRO that I am a sissie) as far as I am concerned let's make the change and be done with it as I don't see TS coming around and being smart as they have too much invested and that is how it really is.

I was on EFX this morning on their paper platform and it hung up while I was shorting the GBPUSD. and long on USDCAD. I got out of GBP and took a bath on CAD as I didn't realize the paper trade was executed. Bummer.

Michal, thanks for your great board.

Jeff in VA (you know where I wish I was)

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Jeff,

My advice is to escape TradeStation before you learn too much. For myself I've got the unpleasant task of having to unlearn a lot of bad habits and convert all of my various indicators, strategies and what not over to NT.

Just think, you won't have to go through any of that if you switch early :)

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:57 pm

eudamonia wrote:Jeff,

My advice is to escape TradeStation before you learn too much. For myself I've got the unpleasant task of having to unlearn a lot of bad habits and convert all of my various indicators, strategies and what not over to NT.

Just think, you won't have to go through any of that if you switch early :)

Edward

Precisely. I'd rather be "stinking" :) than encouraging anyone to stay with Tradestation.

I "lost" (well, not really "lost") one year of work when I converted to NeoTicker. But if I didn't do that, I would have lost even more time :)

Michal

Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:00 am

I'm currently thrashing around with MT4 and it's excellent debugger, this Neoticker thing has perked up my interest. Without wanting to ask too vauge of a question, the Neoticker website is pretty short on detail, can anybody point me at a pros and cons (vs. MT4) or to some more detailed documentation on the Neoticker development API. (sorry if this has been done to death)...

Return to “NeoTicker platform”