lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:08 am

zapzinig wrote:I have been using price corrections to fine tune zline entries using M15 and M5 charts.

MO mentioned corrections in another thread, so I set my fib retrace tool to 0,50,100,150 and -50,-100, -150

Then I mark a move between 0 and 100 and wait for the market to move 50 to 100% in the other direction.

I enter at the 50 or 100 depending on market conditions, use a 16 pip stop for GBP/USD and exit at 50-100% retrace or more.

I am stunned by how accurate the turning points are at these levels even without zlines at those points.

--ZZ

Very interresting zap :) merry christmas :)
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Humble

Postby Humble » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:45 am

Hey ZZ, good to see you posting again. Nice looking charts.

How do you get the price to show on the fib lines and how do you set the perimeters to the inside fib lines (mark a move between 0 and 100)?
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

fx_disciple

fib numbers

Postby fx_disciple » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:35 am

Humble wrote:Hey ZZ, good to see you posting again. Nice looking charts.

How do you get the price to show on the fib lines and how do you set the perimeters to the inside fib lines (mark a move between 0 and 100)?

those price will show up on your chart if you put:

%$ -

in your fib setting (description) like the attached.

hope this helps!

great holiday to everyone!
Attachments
fib numbers.jpg
fib numbers.jpg (25.48 KiB) Viewed 3559 times

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:54 am

Thank you very much Fx ;) happy holiday to you too ;)
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:08 pm

zapzinig wrote:I have been using price corrections to fine tune zline entries using M15 and M5 charts.

MO mentioned corrections in another thread, so I set my fib retrace tool to 0,50,100,150 and -50,-100, -150

Then I mark a move between 0 and 100 and wait for the market to move 50 to 100% in the other direction.

I enter at the 50 or 100 depending on market conditions, use a 16 pip stop for GBP/USD and exit at 50-100% retrace or more.

I am stunned by how accurate the turning points are at these levels even without zlines at those points.

--ZZ

Hey ZZ....this is really interesting.....

I noticed in the 15m in both pics its a 5 bar count from hi to lo/lo to hi...is that deliberate? A time v price thing or just coincidental?

:)
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

zapzinig

Postby zapzinig » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Hey ZZ....this is really interesting.....

I noticed in the 15m in both pics its a 5 bar count from hi to lo/lo to hi...is that deliberate? A time v price thing or just coincidental?

:)

It is just coincidental, sometimes there are 3 bars sometime 9 bars or more, it depends on the market strength at the time.

--ZZ

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Pablo,
That set up does not look appealing to me.
Be careful with that H4, as price has already touched the zone 12 hrs ago, thus no longer valid. Price is congesting at that point, so I would wait to see some action in order to act. So, in my opinion, I would have gone to bed.

pablo101 wrote:Hi all, 2 days before Christmas! I watched 2012 in the cinema last night and it was damn depressing, but had to console myself by saying it is just a movie.

Whilst sleeping, the GU hit a H4 zline recently and I am trying to analyse what I would have done. I can see daily and H4 will close above this line so I betting longs at this point ... but of course I will trade what I see. Can someone point out if my entries for zlines are spot on or premature or too late or you wouldn't have entered? I know 15 min is more reliable than the 5 min but I made an analysis anyway to see if I'm really picking things up or if I'm way off course.

Also H4 has been crossed a few times, I like to hold for the mega pips but after the first entry I'm playing SR with the other wicks.

Here's the H4:

Here's the 5 min and 15 min, thick blue lines is for possible entries. For (8 ), I'm guessing still have to wait, hasn't finished playing out yet

WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Anyone with an eye on weekly zline?
Attachments
aliasdec23.gif
aliasdec23.gif (13.65 KiB) Viewed 3410 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:08 pm

Well well well...
I've been a victim of my own. After having said those words to Pablo, I "spotted" some trades and got nothing but 50 pip loss on 2 trades.

Isn't it ridiculous? I was convinced there was no trades there, and there I go and put mi nose in just to get my ass kicked hardly. Not worth posting them as were merely stupidities trying to get some pips out of nowhere.

Shall we wait till January?

cfabian wrote:Pablo,
That set up does not look appealing to me.
Be careful with that H4, as price has already touched the zone 12 hrs ago, thus no longer valid. Price is congesting at that point, so I would wait to see some action in order to act. So, in my opinion, I would have gone to bed.

pablo101 wrote:Hi all, 2 days before Christmas! I watched 2012 in the cinema last night and it was damn depressing, but had to console myself by saying it is just a movie.

Whilst sleeping, the GU hit a H4 zline recently and I am trying to analyse what I would have done. I can see daily and H4 will close above this line so I betting longs at this point ... but of course I will trade what I see. Can someone point out if my entries for zlines are spot on or premature or too late or you wouldn't have entered? I know 15 min is more reliable than the 5 min but I made an analysis anyway to see if I'm really picking things up or if I'm way off course.

Also H4 has been crossed a few times, I like to hold for the mega pips but after the first entry I'm playing SR with the other wicks.

Here's the H4:

Here's the 5 min and 15 min, thick blue lines is for possible entries. For (8 ), I'm guessing still have to wait, hasn't finished playing out yet

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:22 pm

If I'm not around tomorrow... I wish you great holidays and the best for 2010. Hopefully this incoming year we'll turn the numbers to our favor.

Best

Return to “TheRumpledOne”