Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

manujoos

Postby manujoos » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Thank you very much for your feedback es/pip

you were coming back into a larger down bars body than the up bars body
=> very helpful comment, thanks!
My lesson learned: also consider earlier bodies sizes candles on the same tf! When clear breakoutcandle is there and there are even bigger sized candle in the past in opposite direction the situation is not optimal...

So you are waiting for immeadiatly momo in your direction after entry if it is not go the right way. You always look at the 5Min only tf after entry to find exits when the bigger picture was good?

manu

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:58 pm

manujoos wrote:dragon, how often do you take out 80% Every day, week or month?

I resize my lotsize on a daily basis! At the end of the month i take out the 80%.
I do this every month, it is always the same. For calculating my lotsize i still use the dragon mm indi!

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:06 pm

manujoos wrote:Thank you very much for your feedback es/pip

you were coming back into a larger down bars body than the up bars body
=> very helpful comment, thanks!
My lesson learned: also consider earlier bodies sizes candles on the same tf! When clear breakoutcandle is there and there are even bigger sized candle in the past in opposite direction the situation is not optimal...

So you are waiting for immeadiatly momo in your direction after entry if it is not go the right way. You always look at the 5Min only tf after entry to find exits when the bigger picture was good?

manu

when i said it is not optimal----- it also just depends---- its hard to explain. ( i will take trades back into larger bars if the chart looks like it is zl'ing a certain level and moving to the next level.)

but

when u see a setup-who just got zl'ed before that happened, where are we most likely to go.

i would have taken that trade as i said before

once i get in a trade i am watching the 5-15 min------ mostly the 5 min. if the trade is going to work it will move your way immediately. if a 5 min bar closes against me i either

1. get out then
2. try to get out at b/e
3. make a judgment call on how the PA looks on the 5 min to stay in or not.

once the trade goes my direction i try and watch the trade off the time frame i am basing the trade off of.

so

if i am trading a setup on the 1hr chart

i get in

watch the 5 min until it goes my way

then watch it on the h1 chart---- the 5 min chart means nothing to me once it starts to go my way---- if it never really goes my way i am still watching the 5 min to see why

if i am trading the h1 and it is going my way---- watching all the blips up and down on the 5 min bars causes too many emotions for me
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

manujoos

Postby manujoos » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks es/pip and dragon

Very helpful! I wish you a nice weekend and see you next week!

manu

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Damn.... I've been away from my duties as my 2nd child was born this week :)

Looks like I have lots to study as many info has been posted in the last 10 days.

Cheers
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:21 pm

cfabian wrote:Damn.... I've been away from my duties as my 2nd child was born this week :)

Looks like I have lots to study as many info has been posted in the last 10 days.

Cheers

Congratulations and wish you a happy future with your children :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Last edited by dragon33 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:24 pm

I get to see new things all the time. I had been wondering how it was that ES was able to anticipate that a target would be hit.

I have looked at the posted charts and many times I see a reversal pattern that may be headed for a target and then fizzle out but what I see is that it is better to wait until price is closer to a target and that price may not just turn around and go the opposite direction after a big up or down move. I also see that the H1 and H4 targets seem to be the norm to shoot for. I have been trying M15 targets entering on M5 but that doesnt work too well. So now I plot H4 H1 z lines and watch the H1 for some pattern and then go to M% or M15 for entry.
Thanks for the help .
Your friend Brett

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:11 pm

cfabian wrote:Damn.... I've been away from my duties as my 2nd child was born this week :)

Cheers

congrats
:D

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:28 pm

brettnchrism wrote:I get to see new things all the time. I had been wondering how it was that ES was able to anticipate that a target would be hit.

I have looked at the posted charts and many times I see a reversal pattern that may be headed for a target and then fizzle out but what I see is that it is better to wait until price is closer to a target and that price may not just turn around and go the opposite direction after a big up or down move. I also see that the H1 and H4 targets seem to be the norm to shoot for. I have been trying M15 targets entering on M5 but that doesnt work too well. So now I plot H4 H1 z lines and watch the H1 for some pattern and then go to M% or M15 for entry.
Thanks for the help .

yeah, u have to use the higher time frames. No matter if you are trading forex, stocks, futures or whatever the higher time frames are always more important. If you have huge down momo on the 4 hr and 15 min up momo into the 4hr momo who is going to win? most likely the 4hr

along with all of that------- there are a ton more pips to be had trading and targeting off the h1-monthly charts.

as far as " I had been wondering how it was that ES was able to anticipate that a target would be hit. "

------- if u r looking at a h1 chart and we have just come down and zl'ed a group of traders, we then have momo up creating a possible zl long trade---- if this trade/area holds where is the next group of traders sitting with held profits-------- that's the new target for the long. they hit most times bec as MO has said--" that's how the market works". If it doesn't hit just use PA to get out.

Also, every one that is trading this way is doing it a little different. I know that i could not replicate exactly what MO, monolisa, zap, dragon, etc etc etc does. They trade the way they do bec. it is what they see. i trade the way i do bec that is what my mind sees and thinks when i look at the chart. Your mind may not see and process what mine does.

I think it comes down to taking every thing MO has taught and making it your own. Not changing what he has taught to fit your mind, but fitting your mind to what he has taught so it works for you.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:32 pm

brettnchrism wrote:I get to see new things all the time. I had been wondering how it was that ES was able to anticipate that a target would be hit.

Thanks for the help .

You are on the right way. H4 as starting point (entry and exit) H1 as basic chart to watch. When target is far away from the entry it is sometimes better to look on H1 for a pitstop and reentry.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”