NINJA PLATFORM

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

jz166

Postby jz166 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:29 am

Patch wrote:jz166

On settings I defer to Chappy, though I think somewhere in this thread he says to try different settings and see what you like. I think my settings came from the template Monolisa sent me this weekend when I was setting up Ninja.

Thanks a lot, Lis.

I have a problem on chart setting up.
first chart is 5 mins chart with HA and RegressionChannel. It looks fine.
the 2nd is the 'chart' I change to Range 10. I change to 100, still the same.

On the other hand, the 3rd chart (CME 6E future) looks fine also. Any ideas?
Attachments
13.jpg
13.jpg (79.01 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (41.47 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (55.97 KiB) Viewed 3808 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:49 am

jz166,

seems to be a historical data issue. Try "Reload Historical Data" (Ctrl-Shift-R) when you are connected to your broker.

Are you with Forex.com/Gain? Change "Quote Currencies (FX) in" (in Option/Misc) to TenthPip - give you better spread (i think :)).

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

jz166

Postby jz166 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:12 am

monolisa wrote:jz166,

seems to be a historical data issue. Try "Reload Historical Data" (Ctrl-Shift-R) when you are connected to your broker.

Are you with Forex.com/Gain? Change "Quote Currencies (FX) in" (in Option/Misc) to TenthPip - give you better spread (i think :)).

Lis

I am using Gain demo (that's why it's demo). But I got the same problem with IB FX feed. I did Reload Historical Data, still the same.

Once I change to 'TenthPip', I am able to see the correct range10 chart, but the corresponding range should be 100? If so, the chart is still not right at all.

Actually I use Zen Fire as my future data feed, so as long as I can get 6E feed correctly, I can live with that. One newbie question though, I am NOT able to see the forming of HA candle. Is this normal for range chart + HA?

anyway, great thread!

Thanks for your help!

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:23 am

hi jz166,

In the Properties section of HA make sure "Calculate on Bar Close" is set to false.

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

jz166

Postby jz166 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:51 am

got it, thanks a lot, Lis!

Who Am I ?

Postby Who Am I ? » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi Lis,

Thank you. Can you please give a pointer or two about where can I learn about VSA? Any links to the appropriate material/indicators would be of a great favour. I googled VSA, but, there is an ocean of info on this! I am not a great swimmer, so don't want to drown :-)

Thanks in advance once again!

-- WAI?

Moving the previous communication to the right thread:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello dchappy, lis, cr0cop, and patch,
Thank you very much for unleashing a simple yet very powerful system....

@ Lis:

In one of the posts in NLA thread, you mentioned that you use this system for entry.. so, what are your parameters/settings for pairs other than EURUSD that you trade?

Many thanks in advance!

-- WAI ?
------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Who Am I,

I am trading only EURUSD using dchappy's method.

Other pairs I use VSA.

Lis
--------------------------------------------------------------

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:20 am

Hi WAI,

When I googled VSA I find this site on the top of the list. Worth a look.

http://www.tradeguider.com/

Lis

Trader_V

Postby Trader_V » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:29 am

Hi Guys!

Boy I will tell you that I am very surprised only a few are reading and posting on this thread. Very simple and powerful information on here.

I have a question about the range bars. I read through the entire thread (not a huge undertaking I know) but I did :) and I have not seen any indicators for MT4.

Is there just no such option for MT4? I am currently trading with InterbankFX (yes I know they are spread bandits) and I don't plan on staying with them. But if I start using a system that uses an indicator that is not available on other platforms this could be a little but of a problem.... no?

Any direction you can provide whether it be an indicator for MT4 or I have no choice but to use NJ would be very much appreciated.

I am surprised TRO has not built one of these puppies for MT4 yet...lol

Talk to yall soon!

Vick

cizagui

Postby cizagui » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:00 pm

For MT4
1) The TRO linear regression indicator is available in the June 2009 MT4 motherlode. There is another version in previous motherlodes. I use them and worked fine.
2) Range bars are not easily available. A free one is available at the forex-tsd forum (do a search for range bars), and there is a commercial version by the poster named Michal. I have no experience with either one. Maybe TRO could look at the free one.
3) I have used the Linear regression (with 2 and 3 SD) with both the M1 and M5 charts. The M5 seems closer in look and feel to the 10 range bar used in NT.
4) I do not use the CCI.

Carlos

Trader_V

Postby Trader_V » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks for the reponse Carlos. I did see the thread on TSD about the range bar indicator but it seemed as if there was some controversy over it's accuracy.

I have the Linear regression channel from TRO which seems to plot just fine.

Could you elaborate on what you mean about "2 and 3 SD"?

Thanks in advance,

Vick

Return to “forex”