Patterns Observation.

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: Micro SUPPA, a trading journey?

Postby aliassmith » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:55 pm

Don_xyZ wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
s**t. ill take one day like that. Even a measly 1% risk is a 30% gain. You scalpers are killing me.

You can scalp or swing and end up in the same place.
I'm not patient enough for swings.
I'm generation x and have played video games since they were invented so I think that could be why scalping suits me.
My scalping yesterday was 7R. Im conservative in my old age and risk less than 1%.
If you have 6 and 7 figure account its good money without stressing yourself out.
These days if you are a legit trader its not hard to have accounts that size.

Alias man, you're just too humble.

Now, since you guys mentioned it so much I've decided to dedicate my time to gobble up ICT's YT vids.
Upon watching several eps on mentorship I heard his saying Larry... so I also scour his vids for downloads and learn.
Guess I have my hands full for weeks now.

Charts, charts, charts...

I hope you guys caught this bear falling... this is what can happen when the conditions are right....

EURUSD M5 chart
EURUSDM5.png

The bias is still on H1 but, the D1 backing H1's move down. The target for this anchor trade was the low of yesterday.

EURUSD H1 chart
EURUSDH1.png

H1 candles are just flirting with the lower barrier of the pattern on D1 without any meaningful show of strength and then boom!

EURUSD D1 chart
EURUSDDaily.png

70R day today. Very sleepy now, gotta watch the series tomorrow. I'm not the brightest kid in school so it might take some re-watches to drill the concept(s) into my brain.

EURUSD was mostly a whipsaw mess. I took 1 trade with a 2 pip SL (I didn't get 10x)
Attachments
EURUSDM103242022.png
EURUSDM103242022.png (46.52 KiB) Viewed 6321 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:18 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
How long have you been trading? How do you even set a 2 pip stop? So 30R yesterday and 70R today. So im guessing you doubled or tripled your account

I worked at a brokerage company back in 2003. My cousin who worked at the company's dealing desk introduced me to this whole thing. Quit in 2004 and have been trading on and off since then.

Doubled my account? No.

Google "PARLAY" or just Youtube it. With it, you can use a ridiculously small risk and gain gigantic amount in no time. Or if you're aggressive like me you can make something that will make people curse you for the rest of their life.

I use a version of it. Then again, I think MO's concept of space is a version of parlay.

But let's just focus on the process of getting the right trade because, without it, even the most sophisticated money management technique is practically useless.

Thats the advice new people on here need to read.

So when does CLASS start? :D
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:23 pm

Eights and Space are definitely parlaying profits into.......

Betting/Gambling? Nah. LOL :mrgreen:

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 9.21.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 9.21.15 AM.png (124.35 KiB) Viewed 6308 times
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:49 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:Eights and Space are definitely parlaying profits into.......

So...basically an ACCA? There's a reason bookies love punters running ACCAs.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:15 pm

I saw you posted earlier.
Where did it go?

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:46 pm

Yes, I already told you guys that I’m definitely no the brightest in the class and maybe that is why I’m very bad at conveying the ideas that I have in mind. Forgive my incompetence.

But yes, I must warn you that parlay is a dangerous profit management tactic. It would be irresponsible of me to not say this. I’m sorry that I forgot to mention this earlier.

Parlay is definitely not for everyone.
You must have a different mindset if you want to do parlay. If you fear of losing your successive profits then you should never touch parlay.
You must think of the successive profit as your tool until you reach your parlay target.
After you reach your parlay target (such as 3x parlay or 4x parlay or whatever it is), you must revert back to 1R risk.
The smaller the initial risk is, the more parlay you can do.
If you are an aggressive trader that want to maximize your gains then parlay is an option you can use because you can start with very small risk and potentially grow it faster.
Set your target properly as there are limitations in forex trading such as leverage and margin.
Big R trade is required to do parlay. Preferably 3 or more R per trade, the bigger the better (of course). Big R trade will help against losing trades.
If you don’t have big R trades but your win rate is very high then parlay can also be done.
Divide your R properly. 3R trades can be divided into parts to be used in parlay. The more you divide the more you have spare bullets to be used for the next parlay but the potential gains will also be reduced accordingly.

Parlay is compounding.
Parlay expands the concept of adding to the winners but in a different spin. So instead of waiting for a long trend to finish you can still have similar effect with smaller trades. 500 pips trade do not come often but 3R or 4R trades on a smaller tf is provided abundantly by the market. Also, there are times that you do not get a proper place to add to a winning trade. Sometimes the market do a 10 R move with no place in between for you to add more entries.
Parlay is a choice, you don’t have to take it.

I did not take those trade with FVG because I’m still experimenting with it. Also knowing a little is a dangerous thing as I’m still on eps 9 on the series. The charts above were made purely as comparison between S/D and my take on FVG.

M1 looks fun now.

@Alias
Yes, I did post but I took it down. I was supposed to give an updated version of the post but I fell asleep.
Last edited by Don_xyZ on Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:27 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
I worked at a brokerage company back in 2003. My cousin who worked at the company's dealing desk introduced me to this whole thing. Quit in 2004 and have been trading on and off since then.

Doubled my account? No.

Google "PARLAY" or just Youtube it. With it, you can use a ridiculously small risk and gain gigantic amount in no time. Or if you're aggressive like me you can make something that will make people curse you for the rest of their life.

I use a version of it. Then again, I think MO's concept of space is a version of parlay.

But let's just focus on the process of getting the right trade because, without it, even the most sophisticated money management technique is practically useless.

Not gonna teach. I’m bad at explaining.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:29 am

prochargedmopar wrote:Eights and Space are definitely parlaying profits into.......

Then it’s not and I’m wrong :)
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:03 am

Don_xyZ wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Not gonna teach. I’m bad at explaining.

So was ESpips and some people still learned a few things.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:13 am

Don_xyZ wrote:

Then it’s not and I’m wrong :)

I'm not to sure you are wrong. I thnk PRO looked up parlay as it pretains to Football betting.

So from what you explained parlay is a method similar to what I call risk gearing. ICT calls it speed of money. MO had a few versions, Space being one of them, pip cushion was another version.

Im also not sure why some people don't understand that Trading is betting/gambling. Its skill based like poker but still gambling. Its also the reason MO told me to read a poker book.

At the end of the day I prefer Trading over poker, sports betting. Or horses. Unless its deadhorses

Return to “beginners forum”