The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:11 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
JESGPY wrote:Today was a good day!

Manage to get a hold of myself after some *censored - swear word* ups, like have +25 and taking +3. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Day result is 3R positive. -1R first trade + 0R on second, + 2R on GU and +2 on EJ.

all that in 4,5 hours.

Lets see tomorrow.

That's freaking awesome. I love that another trader is killing it with this method. At 2% per R makes you 6% a day which is almost a zero to your account every two months. at 5% its a zero every month. HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Or you risk 1% per trade and made 3% today and who knows what the future hold. I'm conservative for the most part. Not trying to blow my account up and all. 8)

Haha. Yeah, I don't mind using high risk on smaller accounts, but once you hit a certain level you def want to drop the risk. Or keep enough cash to replace your account for that rainy day. Even 3% is crazy
Look what you did Alais. Making traders profitable. With a squiggly no less.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:18 pm

You need to be able to identify your weekness as a trader. Mine is that most of my trading is reversals. so using the deadhorse method flies in the face of that. it is more of a trade with the trend/continuation style. But the more I use it, the more I get comfortable with it. But I will be honest I still have that back in the mind thought that today might be the day and price is gonna whip back and forth and im gonna take a s**t loads of losses cuz im trading a MA. But day after day it knocks it out of the park.

And I think it works so well cuz the sma is smooth enough and we are not just blindly entering the cross. Then you add in the momo bar and price has to show its hand that it is moving some where. Then you are able to get in with a decent size sl and just every now and then you do get in at the start of a trend and you get those 10x trades (maybe we should have called it the 10x method, haha).

Even today on the EA I took a quick look and would have had one loss in londaon and one win in US (3R). WAY. TO. EASY.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:29 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
That's freaking awesome. I love that another trader is killing it with this method. At 2% per R makes you 6% a day which is almost a zero to your account every two months. at 5% its a zero every month. HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Or you risk 1% per trade and made 3% today and who knows what the future hold. I'm conservative for the most part. Not trying to blow my account up and all. 8)

Haha. Yeah, I don't mind using high risk on smaller accounts, but once you hit a certain level you def want to drop the risk. Or keep enough cash to replace your account for that rainy day. Even 3% is crazy

Well I was sitting in my castle wearing my pointy wizard hat thinking what spell should I cast. I know I'll make people see and use an MA as it was intended. Wola a trend indicator!

People gave the MA a bad name when they thought if two of them cross you will always make those fat lootz.

The MA is only a visual representation of current and historical price data/behavior. Based on your data set that representation scales with new inputs.

Scaling is key to making money in high range markets and a low range.

Localized price behavior helps set expectations.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:36 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Well I was sitting in my castle wearing my pointy wizard hat thinking what spell should I cast. I know I'll make people see and use an MA as it was intended. Wola a trend indicator!

People gave the MA a bad name when they thought if two of them cross you will always make those fat lootz.

The MA is only a visual representation of current and historical price data/behavior. Based on your data set that representation scales with new inputs.

Scaling is key to making money in high range markets and a low range.

Localized price behavior helps set expectations.

Ah. So its the pointy hat that does it. Haha. Watch youtube traders are all gonna start wearing pointy hats cuz of you " I heard from this trader on the most hardcore trading site, that its all in the hat. Not just any hat tho, it has to be a pointy one!!!!" Hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:50 am

Hey Alias trading lord, I don't get it but why did you say 2% risk too high risk per trade?

Each of mine is 1% at the moment and I so confident I am planning 2% then 3 then 4. Rarely does my trades get stopped with a full stop as I have a mental stop of where to get out.

Anyway, why not 2?
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:22 am

"Haha. Yeah, I don't mind using high risk on smaller accounts, but once you hit a certain level you def want to drop the risk. Or keep enough cash to replace your account for that rainy day. Even 3% is crazy..."

Again, I don't get the logic. Of course anything can happen but if the trading plan gives you a high win rate then it doesn't matter if it is a large account or small.

If you are loosing x in a row, you still have money to make it up.

I'm guessing you and Alias are talking about the psychological bit on a large account?

Which is why when I listen to TRO when he says don't think about money but the points.

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:37 am

Yeah!!

I am risking 5% . If I can avoid revenge trading and limit loses on bad days I think I can be good.

Will keep posting .

Mr. Hyde wrote:
JESGPY wrote:Today was a good day!

Manage to get a hold of myself after some *censored - swear word* ups, like have +25 and taking +3. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Day result is 3R positive. -1R first trade + 0R on second, + 2R on GU and +2 on EJ.

all that in 4,5 hours.

Lets see tomorrow.

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Whats your total haul for the day JESGPY. Another trader killing it with the deadhorse setup.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:51 am

pablo101 wrote:Hey Alias trading lord, I don't get it but why did you say 2% risk too high risk per trade?

Each of mine is 1% at the moment and I so confident I am planning 2% then 3 then 4. Rarely does my trades get stopped with a full stop as I have a mental stop of where to get out.

Anyway, why not 2?

Never trading lord that can be your title.

Try running your stats through a risk of ruin calculation . If you are satisfied with what you see then carry on.
Depends on your RRR, accuracy, percent risked.

I guess I'm just conservative. If 1% is good for the market wizards then its good enough for me.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:27 am

Since the start of the scamdemic, I took 57 trades. 46 wins, which is around 80% WL. I have yet to have 4 losers in a row.

Looking at the tables seems like I can stomach losing 20% because I am guessing I know that I can do it again at 2% risk. Point is, I think it is luck at times, but the way I see the charts, I have the highest odds stacked in my favor with luck on my side for a probable win.

risk-of-ruin-calculator1.jpg
risk-of-ruin-calculator1.jpg (98.71 KiB) Viewed 2085 times

risk-of-ruin-calculator2.jpg
risk-of-ruin-calculator2.jpg (110.2 KiB) Viewed 2085 times

But you are correct what you said in your dead horse thread, my sample size is small and I probably need more data to consider going up more risk.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:31 am

pablo101 wrote:"Haha. Yeah, I don't mind using high risk on smaller accounts, but once you hit a certain level you def want to drop the risk. Or keep enough cash to replace your account for that rainy day. Even 3% is crazy..."

Again, I don't get the logic. Of course anything can happen but if the trading plan gives you a high win rate then it doesn't matter if it is a large account or small.

If you are loosing x in a row, you still have money to make it up.

I'm guessing you and Alias are talking about the psychological bit on a large account?

Which is why when I listen to TRO when he says don't think about money but the points.

Remember no one thought oil could go negative until it did. No one thought it was possible to run a 4 min mile until they did. No one thought you could quarantine a country until we quarantined the whole world. I have never had 10 loses in a row but maybe I will one day. And its a lot easier to replace a $1,000 account then it is a $10 million account. Its not the psychological bit at all. I think every trader thinks this way until he grows his account to some size and then it sets in. With all that said. There is a trader I know and respect immensely that trades 5% a trade, but takes all his winnings out at the end of the week.

Also one day price is probably gonna spike past your sl. If your using a 5 pip stop at 5% and it spikes 100 pip beyond you, kiss your account bye bye. Yes this has happened to me and thank god I was not using super high risk or super small sl. I still loss almost 20% of my account and that messed with my head so hard. I was paralayzed.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”