Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Aliassmith Beats a "Dead Horse"

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I missed the earlier entry and I was a bit dodgy about taking the second one I did, as it was a pretty big candle. However, it was the 15 mins before the US Open, so I figured it was gonna' move, one way or another...and so it did.

Neeeeiiiiiggggghhhhhhhh!!!

EURAUDM15asDeadHorseOnFairHolidayMonday20thJuly2020missed1stentry.png
EURAUDM15asDeadHorseOnFairHolidayMonday20thJuly2020missed1stentry.png (52.16 KiB) Viewed 2209 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:26 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:https://youtu.be/-LMZcj5AWq0

How to install and use scripts.

Yep, I do know how to install scripts - lecture from MO solved that problem, lol - but all I have is the wav file. So, I did give it a try anyway, 'coz wth do I know, put it in the scripts file etc, as per my previous knowledge and now as per this guy's vid but the file isn't showing up in the Navigator / Scripts section.

Should I have a separate scripts file? As I said, all I have re the Neigh sound is the wav file.

Did I mention I fek'n hate computers? :P :P :P

If all you have is the wav file that goes into mt4 sounds folder. If you go back a couple of pages I posted the script called deadhorsealert.ex4.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Horse racing involves cross breeding at the extreme edge of the possible.

I couldn't help myself and put two thoroughbreds in the stable out back and hey, ho, here ya go...

Dead Horse sire, Lightning Kij-sen from the Thunder + Lightning breed mare.

Lightning Horse was born.

GBPUSDM15asLightningHorse20thJuly2020.png
GBPUSDM15asLightningHorse20thJuly2020.png (43.52 KiB) Viewed 2204 times

Better? Worse? Who knows. Just the same...but different.

Maybe one works better on a particular time frame or whatever than the other. Horses for courses to push this analogy to the limit, lol.

Do I have the time or inclination to investigate? Probably not, at least for now. I will be sticking to Dead Horse on the 15-min. However, this foal will be out in the paddock, stretching its legs and waiting to see what happens. Maybe :P

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:25 pm

Now, this is interesting - well, for me it is anyway, lol. Genetics is a lottery. Let's face it, it is. Sure, you can stack the deck with good genes + good genes and with a bit of luck and likelihood, you'll get good genes coming out the other side.

Sometimes, however, some kind of accidental input - ahem - gets involved. Often without anyone realising, at least until it's too late.

This is one of those times.

I have been looking at various settings for the Kijn-sen when I have been using it for my 1-min scalping. Supposedly, you are meant to use a higher setting, the lower down the time frames you go to match them. The actual Ichimoku setting (26) is optimised for the Daily chart, for instance.

I have looked at this and can't get that to marry up with my own findings, so tbh I have binned that conclusion.

However, I have used my Thunder + Lightning settings individually as you will have seen over on my own thread and all good there. Now...

As noted above, I matched my Lightning setting (12) to Alias' Dead Horse and came up with the hybrid, Lightning Horse. Except...it seems, I didn't.

Too many chart settings in one sitting make Jack an easily confused boy.

As a result, I have set it up as Dead Horse + the Thunder Kijun-sen settings (21).

Thunder Horse? Mmmmmm....

Just doesn't seem right, somehow. I dunno. My head hurts...

:)

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:18 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Now, this is interesting - well, for me it is anyway, lol. Genetics is a lottery. Let's face it, it is. Sure, you can stack the deck with good genes + good genes and with a bit of luck and likelihood, you'll get good genes coming out the other side.

Sometimes, however, some kind of accidental input - ahem - gets involved. Often without anyone realising, at least until it's too late.

I have been looking at various settings for the Kijn-sen when I have been using it for my 1-min scalping. Supposedly, you are meant to use a higher setting, the lower down the time frames you go to match them. The actual Ichimoku setting (26) is optimised for the Daily chart, for instance.

I have looked at this and can't get that to marry up with my own findings, so tbh I have binned that conclusion.

However, I have used my Thunder + Lightning settings individually as you will have seen over on my own thread and all good there. Now...

As noted above, I matched my Lightning setting (12) to Alias' Dead Horse and came up with the hybrid, Lightning Horse. Except...it seems, I didn't.

As a result, I have set it up as Dead Horse + the Thunder Kijun-sen settings (21).

I know what you mean. When you go down the rabbit hole the headache does come.

I was interested in your purple lines. To me it looks like a different type of MA. I may have a closer look into them.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:37 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Now, this is interesting - well, for me it is anyway, lol. Genetics is a lottery. Let's face it, it is. Sure, you can stack the deck with good genes + good genes and with a bit of luck and likelihood, you'll get good genes coming out the other side.

I know what you mean. When you go down the rabbit hole the headache does come.

I was interested in your purple lines. To me it looks like a different type of MA. I may have a closer look into them.

Kijun-sen is, literally, the Base-Line of the Ichimoku Cloud. Shows the mid-point of the last (whatever) period you set. Stock setting is 26.

After deconstructing my Thunder + Lightning method, I now use it to scalp down on the 1-min. from there, it has expanded into these others. I love it.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 am

LeMercenaire wrote:Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I missed the earlier entry and I was a bit dodgy about taking the second one I did, as it was a pretty big candle. However, it was the 15 mins before the US Open, so I figured it was gonna' move, one way or another...and so it did.

Neeeeiiiiiggggghhhhhhhh!!!

EURAUDM15asDeadHorseOnFairHolidayMonday20thJuly2020missed1stentry.png

So here is a pic of the same trade with the ARROW ALERTS RUNNING.
One factor I have on it currently is it only works in Frankfurt to London close.
Attachments
EURAUDM15.07202020.png
EURAUDM15.07202020.png (44.61 KiB) Viewed 2135 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:51 am

LeMercenaire wrote:Horse racing involves cross breeding at the extreme edge of the possible.

I couldn't help myself and put two thoroughbreds in the stable out back and hey, ho, here ya go...

Dead Horse sire, Lightning Kij-sen from the Thunder + Lightning breed mare.

Lightning Horse was born.

GBPUSDM15asLightningHorse20thJuly2020.png

Better? Worse? Who knows. Just the same...but different.

Maybe one works better on a particular time frame or whatever than the other. Horses for courses to push this analogy to the limit, lol.

Do I have the time or inclination to investigate? Probably not, at least for now. I will be sticking to Dead Horse on the 15-min. However, this foal will be out in the paddock, stretching its legs and waiting to see what happens. Maybe :P

Here is what the GBPUSD looked like with the same ALERT running.
Attachments
GBPUSDM15.07202020.png
GBPUSDM15.07202020.png (37.38 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:17 am

Sick as a dog yesterday and couldn't do sweet fa. On the way back today but staying off the charts.

EA will have to take the horse for a gallop without me for another day.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:13 am

C'mon guys, gimme something interesting to read while I lie here doing the square root of absolutely nothing!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”