2009.09.10 DRAIN THE BANKS - LIKE A RAT

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jhx

Re: 2009.09.10 DRAIN THE BANKS - LIKE A RAT

Postby Jhx » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:46 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:Been using the TRO_ATR_Lines_HL and its been working great this week for the rat trades. Here is GBPCAD as an example.

Yeah, it's a good place for profit taking too (or at least that's the way I like looking at it).

May I ask what session are you trading and the pairs that you're watching BambinoFlex? I'm close to having a bit more time in my hands and I was looking into getting back to the rat :D

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Jhx wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:Been using the TRO_ATR_Lines_HL and its been working great this week for the rat trades. Here is GBPCAD as an example.

Yeah, it's a good place for profit taking too (or at least that's the way I like looking at it).

May I ask what session are you trading and the pairs that you're watching BambinoFlex? I'm close to having a bit more time in my hands and I was looking into getting back to the rat :D

I get along with the GBP pairs. Usually GBPNZD and I only trade the rat trades during the New York and London Mashup. I think most of the moves are made during the London times and then the reversals on the NY sesh. It’s a different approach, instead of scalping the rat zone I place my moves on the wick formation. I’ve noticed that the retracements happen at this times. I’m in Houston, so from 6am - 11am Central Time.
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

JP1

Postby JP1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:37 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Jhx wrote:

I get along with the GBP pairs. Usually GBPNZD and I only trade the rat trades during the New York and London Mashup. I think most of the moves are made during the London times and then the reversals on the NY sesh. It’s a different approach, instead of scalping the rat zone I place my moves on the wick formation. I’ve noticed that the retracements happen at this times. I’m in Houston, so from 6am - 11am Central Time.

So can u tell me what the 4 and 13 mean next to the ATR shaded areas by any chance? Cant find a video on it
Fiddled with the settings but cant work it out

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:21 pm

JP1 wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Jhx wrote:Yeah, it's a good place for profit taking too (or at least that's the way I like looking at it).

So can u tell me what the 4 and 13 mean next to the ATR shaded areas by any chance? Cant find a video on it

I'll be honest, I don't know. My guess is that it has to do with the the ATR period.

Just noticed though, there's three instances of the ATR. TRO_ATR_LINES, TRO_ATR_LINES_HL, and TRO_ATR_LINESHL5.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:58 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Jhx wrote:

So instead of taking trades within the rat zone you enter within the wick zones using the rat reversal as an entry? (Sorry, just trying to understand :) )

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:38 am

Jhx wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Jhx wrote:Yeah, it's a good place for profit taking too (or at least that's the way I like looking at it).

So instead of taking trades within the rat zone you enter within the wick zones using the rat reversal as an entry? (Sorry, just trying to understand :) )

I’ll try not to confuse you with my thought process. So I’ve observed that most reversals happen during the London and New York sessions. I wait for extremes to form. When I look at the daily candle, if there isn’t a wick yet or it’s small, I’ll take a trade. Sometimes it will break a new high (or low for green rats) but usually it will start reversing. When I first started I was using the rat trade during the Tokyo open, it was going well but then I realized it was better to wait until the New York session to really see the daily candles range.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:07 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Jhx wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

I’ll try not to confuse you with my thought process. So I’ve observed that most reversals happen during the London and New York sessions. I wait for extremes to form. When I look at the daily candle, if there isn’t a wick yet or it’s small, I’ll take a trade. Sometimes it will break a new high (or low for green rats) but usually it will start reversing. When I first started I was using the rat trade during the Tokyo open, it was going well but then I realized it was better to wait until the New York session to really see the daily candles range.

Ah, now I understand :lol: . Thank you for the explanation!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:04 am

BambinoFlex wrote:
JP1 wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

I'll be honest, I don't know. My guess is that it has to do with the the ATR period.

Just noticed though, there's three instances of the ATR. TRO_ATR_LINES, TRO_ATR_LINES_HL, and TRO_ATR_LINESHL5.

ATR_LINES calculates the distance from the open. The lines are static. The indicator runs a loop and determines the minimum and maximum ATRs. The numbers like 4 and 13 indicate which ATR was the minimum and the maximum.

ATR_LINES_HL calculates the distance from the high and low. The lines are dynamic and move each time a new high or low is established.

Not sure about ATRLINES_HL5. I don't recall coding that.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

JP1

Postby JP1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:43 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
JP1 wrote:

ATR_LINES calculates the distance from the open. The lines are static. The indicator runs a loop and determines the minimum and maximum ATRs. The numbers like 4 and 13 indicate which ATR was the minimum and the maximum.

ATR_LINES_HL calculates the distance from the high and low. The lines are dynamic and move each time a new high or low is established.

Not sure about ATRLINES_HL5. I don't recall coding that.

Thanks TRO - still hasnt really helped me work out which ATR settings to use.....i have ATR_LINES_HL on the chart (see below)
Is the default setting multiplying ATR by 0.5 - is that how it works? I have fiddled with these settings, but it makes some strange changes on the chart that i cant work out

Edit: ok just seen ur daily video where u mention this (thanks!)...........so makes more sense now. But just to clarify, ATR14 and ATR 2.......means that the daily ATR 14 days ago was the highest, and 2 days ago was the lowest.........is that right?
Attachments
ATR HL.JPG
ATR HL.JPG (219.07 KiB) Viewed 2978 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:47 pm

TRO001.png
TRO001.png (25.8 KiB) Viewed 2948 times

ATR(2) is the maximum in the above chart (furthest from the open) and ATR(6) is the minimum (nearest to the open).

A larger ATR period does not mean the ATR value will be larger.

Does that help?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”