Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

disbellj

Postby disbellj » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:11 pm

TRO,

Your math here is correct.

However:
1. MT4 uses standard lots by defaut. 100,000 contraqct size by deafult, not 10,000 contract size by default, so 1.00 in MT4 is 1 standard lot, not 1 mini lot. If the user knows that they are given mini lots and not standard lots as whole numbers, that would have helped.

2. There is nowhere in the indicator that says risk percent. myMultiplier1 and myMultiplier2 are vague inputs.

3. If you plug the numbers you gave into my indicator, you'd get the same result. So the display is different on my indicator, using MT4's default contract size of 100,000 to get pip value, and has more understandable user inputs. So still no reason to shoot me down. You gave an MT4 indicator. MT4 default lot is 1.00 (standard lots). MBT Navigator default lot is 1.0 (mini lot). A mini lot in MT4 is 0.10. They are different, and that needs to be pointed out to users. I didn't know, and I'm sure other users would get confused, if they see 1.00 and not be told it's a mini lot, not know anything about MBT Navigator's display of mini lot, etc.

So now knowing you were actually shing 1.00 as a mini lot in MT4 (I disagree with, but at least I understand what you were doing), then I see we get the same result, just displayed differently. But I still recommend my indicator. It tells exactly the account currency amount that is risked if risking the stop loss (in pips), so there is no ambiguity there (other than people not understanding the way MT4 may display standard (1.00), mini (0.10), and micro lots (0.01), although I have tried to make note of it when I attached the indicator, and multiple times since then, so that people will know.

Don

TheRumpledOne wrote:
disbellj wrote:TRO,Do the math to check what you're actually doing ...
Don

OK, let's do the math.

$400 account balance.

5% risk.

20 pip stop loss.

5% of $400 = $20.00

So if you trade 1 minilot with a value of $1 per pip, then you are risking $20.00

QED.

Don, I think I understand where you confusion comes from. The TICKVALUE displayed in the original indicator is for $100,000 lots or FULL LOTS, NOT $10,000 lots or MINILOTS ( my mistake for thinking that was OBVIOUS). That's why I said you don't understand. So I added an input so you can tell the indicator the lot value you are using.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

disbellj

Postby disbellj » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:43 pm

I understand now dragon.

30 in your pic is saying 30 mini lots. This correlates to way MBT Navigator displays mini lots.

If putting in your order on MT4, a user could assume it means 30 standard lots, since 30.00 is 30 standard lots in MT4, not 30 mini lots.

I have no problem, now knowing this. I still think it's good that it has been pointed out the difference between MBT Navigator display of mini lot (1.0) vs. MT4 display of mini lot (0.10). Now a user can use whichever one they want to. If putting in orders in MT4, I would recommend mine. If putting orders in MBT Navigator, one would have to know they are risking 5% of their account, since it's not listed anywhere, but they would probably be more comfortable with the decimal placement of TRO's indicator he made for you, since the decimal places match MBT Navigator and not MT4.

Don

Hi Don,

The dragon rule seems working correctly to me. I've calculated it by hand!
30.13XtickvalueX20(SL)=473.67
That's my risk and absolutely not 50%!!!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi TRO,
I don't see anything anymore about the money management! What could have happened?

Problem solved by myself :P

hansnl

Postby hansnl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:04 pm

You didn't put on a dexia account Dragon?? I hope 8-[ 8-[

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:28 pm

hansnl wrote:You didn't put on a dexia account Dragon?? I hope 8-[ 8-[

Why you tell me that! I can't follow are there problems with Dexia???

hansnl

Postby hansnl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:42 pm

No NO, not more than any other bank in europe just a little joke,

I'm just new here on the treat, and using the indicators very similar as you do.
I just found TRO dynamic fibs on the web somewhere and started using them.

Now I'm reading the treat and saw your screen shots could have be mine..
I try to keep it simple , and want my money back that I lost..

groeten Hans in France

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:53 pm

disbellj wrote:TRO,

Your math here is correct.

However:
1. MT4 uses standard lots by defaut. 100,000 contraqct size by deafult, not 10,000 contract size by default, so 1.00 in MT4 is 1 standard lot, not 1 mini lot. If the user knows that they are given mini lots and not standard lots as whole numbers, that would have helped.

2. There is nowhere in the indicator that says risk percent. myMultiplier1 and myMultiplier2 are vague inputs.

3. If you plug the numbers you gave into my indicator, you'd get the same result. So the display is different on my indicator, using MT4's default contract size of 100,000 to get pip value, and has more understandable user inputs. So still no reason to shoot me down. You gave an MT4 indicator. MT4 default lot is 1.00 (standard lots). MBT Navigator default lot is 1.0 (mini lot). A mini lot in MT4 is 0.10. They are different, and that needs to be pointed out to users. I didn't know, and I'm sure other users would get confused, if they see 1.00 and not be told it's a mini lot, not know anything about MBT Navigator's display of mini lot, etc.

So now knowing you were actually shing 1.00 as a mini lot in MT4 (I disagree with, but at least I understand what you were doing), then I see we get the same result, just displayed differently. But I still recommend my indicator. It tells exactly the account currency amount that is risked if risking the stop loss (in pips), so there is no ambiguity there (other than people not understanding the way MT4 may display standard (1.00), mini (0.10), and micro lots (0.01), although I have tried to make note of it when I attached the indicator, and multiple times since then, so that people will know.

Don

Don:

If you download the latest version of TRO DRAGON MONEY MANAGEMENT, you'll notice some new inputs.

The indicator is "smart" enough to figure out to use your input or compute the values if you leave an input blank BASED ON DRAGON'S MONEY MANAGEMENT FORMULA.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:01 pm

hansnl wrote:No NO, not more than any other bank in europe just a little joke,

I'm just new here on the treat, and using the indicators very similar as you do.

groeten Hans in France

Groeten??? Spreek jij Nederlands?

I am switching from bank! i was client with Dexia but got scared and took all my money away from them.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:05 pm

disbellj wrote:I understand now dragon.

30 in your pic is saying 30 mini lots. This correlates to way MBT Navigator displays mini lots.

If putting in your order on MT4, a user could assume it means 30 standard lots, since 30.00 is 30 standard lots in MT4, not 30 mini lots.

I have no problem, now knowing this. I still think it's good that it has been pointed out the difference between MBT Navigator display of mini lot (1.0) vs. MT4 display of mini lot (0.10). Now a user can use whichever one they want to. If putting in orders in MT4, I would recommend mine. If putting orders in MBT Navigator, one would have to know they are risking 5% of their account, since it's not listed anywhere, but they would probably be more comfortable with the decimal placement of TRO's indicator he made for you, since the decimal places match MBT Navigator and not MT4.

Don

Don:

Perhaps you didn't see the revised indicator.

There's an input for Lot Value. You can enter 100,000 or 10,000 or 1,000.
Now that value displays... I did that just for you, Don.

So, you can use TRO DRAGON MONEY MANAGEMENT for whatever broker you're using.
Attachments
TRO_DRAGON_MONEY_MGMT.zip
(7.75 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
Last edited by TheRumpledOne on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

hansnl

Postby hansnl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:08 pm

dragon33 wrote:
hansnl wrote:No NO, not more than any other bank in europe just a little joke,

groeten Hans in France

Groeten??? Spreek jij Nederlands?

I am switching from bank! i was client with Dexia but got scared and took all my money away from them.
Its all the same s**t with the banking biz. no escape.

ja ja in mijn moerstaal gaat t soepeler.

Hans in france

Return to “TheRumpledOne”