How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

prochargedmopar

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Mira wrote:Guys, I just started to read a "new" thread. Just take a look :shock:

forex/ninja-platform-t1852

very good stuff from dchappy. I love this approach!

preview:

dchappy wrote:Hi Walt : There is no code . These are the default indicators on Ninja .
You can see the settings I use on the chart , but don't get caught up into thinking that these are magical parameters . You can adjust the numbers to fit your "style" and they will work just as well . The GOLDEN nugget that I have learned from Tro is that price travels from a high to a low & back . Zig & Zag...simple right ? The channel (semafore ) just tells us to "get ready a change is a comin ". The CCI is just a trigger for me . Macd,Stoch,MA crosses, Psych lines ,almost anything would probably work . They are only a point at which to jump into the trade after the semafore appears . I was once an indicator junkie ...Tro has shown me that simpler is better ......Trade well....Chappy
$EURUSD%20%206_2_2009%20(10%20Range).jpg

Thread started in 2009,
ended in 2012.
dchappy if I remember correctly did not become a consistently profitable/retired trader until 2014 or 15????
His simple as 123 thread is where he started making the bucks, trading for a firm, then going back into "retirement" to spend time with family/grandkids.

I may be a bit off on dates.

There is no holy grail.
We are it and I have some how misplaced my holiness. LOL
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:22 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
Mira wrote:Guys, I just started to read a "new" thread. Just take a look :shock:

forex/ninja-platform-t1852

very good stuff from dchappy. I love this approach!

preview:

dchappy wrote:Hi Walt : There is no code . These are the default indicators on Ninja .
You can see the settings I use on the chart , but don't get caught up into thinking that these are magical parameters . You can adjust the numbers to fit your "style" and they will work just as well . The GOLDEN nugget that I have learned from Tro is that price travels from a high to a low & back . Zig & Zag...simple right ? The channel (semafore ) just tells us to "get ready a change is a comin ". The CCI is just a trigger for me . Macd,Stoch,MA crosses, Psych lines ,almost anything would probably work . They are only a point at which to jump into the trade after the semafore appears . I was once an indicator junkie ...Tro has shown me that simpler is better ......Trade well....Chappy
$EURUSD%20%206_2_2009%20(10%20Range).jpg

Thread started in 2009,
ended in 2012.
dchappy if I remember correctly did not become a consistently profitable/retired trader until 2014 or 15????
His simple as 123 thread is where he started making the bucks, trading for a firm, then going back into "retirement" to spend time with family/grandkids.

I may be a bit off on dates.

There is no holy grail.
We are it and I have some how misplaced my holiness. LOL

I agree with you PRO, there is no holy grail and there is nothing mystical in trading.

You can trade away from any line, thus is just a matter of finding a good line to trade away from.
If price is high then a good line is a bearish breakout of something meaningful.
I know, it’s a lot subjective but price can’t go in two directions by the way.

Keep your stop loss ‘safe’ and then is just a matter of taking profits.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:40 pm

If your stop is large enough, or if you’re managing the trade on a lower timeframe, then your losses are breakeven most of the times (1/2 of your stop is reduced to 1/4 with eights, 1/4 is 1/8).
You could even try to get out at zero but idk..

I have many b/e and many missings, don’t think that I’m a Dragon33 or a MightyOne.

But If you loose the fear of loss then, with time, you start to focus on making better decisions.. aka choosing better lines.

This is just my opinion..

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Mira wrote:If your stop is large enough, or if you’re managing the trade on a lower timeframe, then your losses are breakeven most of the times (1/2 of your stop is reduced to 1/4 with eights, 1/4 is 1/8).

I have many b/e and many missings, don’t think that I’m a Dragon33 or a MightyOne.

But If you loose the fear of loss then, with time, you start to focus on making better decisions.. aka choosing better lines.

If I lose the fear of loss I will rule the world.
:shock:
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:42 am

prochargedmopar wrote:
Mira wrote:If your stop is large enough, or if you’re managing the trade on a lower timeframe, then your losses are breakeven most of the times (1/2 of your stop is reduced to 1/4 with eights, 1/4 is 1/8).

If I lose the fear of loss I will rule the world.
:shock:

You and the other 17406 active members on this board. The Position for ruling the world is already taken.

Ever ask yourself what conditions have to be meet in trading for you to never fear a loss again. Do you want list a some conditions? Always being right is not one of them, obviously.

Come on old man (oooo he went either..). Yep, neither on of us are getting any younger & time 'is a ticking'.

What conditions have to be meet in trading for you to never fear a loss again?

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:11 pm

This TG channel is the bomb.
Free trading books everywhere :shock:

https://telegram.me/joinchat/AAppPT3cOnM48-Kqbm7FGg

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:54 pm

I’d like to learn to SEE some PA.

What does this thing mean :lol:

7AB10E19-4416-4598-A33B-8C3A752AF355.png
7AB10E19-4416-4598-A33B-8C3A752AF355.png (54.9 KiB) Viewed 2856 times

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Mira wrote:I’d like to learn to SEE some PA.

Mira as this site is pretty much a private club at this point I’ll let you in on a little secret. Those trendlines or channel we may say is meaningless.
Going back that far is off absolutely no use. Why do we stress holo, rat in other words price at extreme kind of trades. Because that is all that matters.

1. Price is at an extreme (ok check)
2. What is happening right now, extreme right of the chart and extreme right with a capital E. On a intraday low or high price needs to accumulate positions...people need to get stopped out.. nvm we all know this!! Just read ‘master the markets’ forgot about the volume stuff just the read the book that is it. Accumulation distribution accumulation distrubtion of an extreme all day every day.

This process can best been seen on the smallest timeframes.

There has to come a time in your trading where you have stop learning.

Poor Mo, now I truly understand why he is no longer posting.

Hey man, please don’t feel like I am coming down on you. And sorry if you cannot understand what I am writing ( I have trouble at times as well :).

Again only observe how a group of bars are closing at an extreme. Nothing else, that is it.

Fun how anything can happen, but what usually happens ends up happen? 1 high and 1 low.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 pm

Leoheart wrote:

Mira as this site is pretty much a private club at this point I’ll let you in on a little secret. Those trendlines or channel we may say is meaningless.
Going back that far is off absolutely no use. Why do we stress holo, rat in other words price at extreme kind of trades. Because that is all that matters.

2. What is happening right now, extreme right of the chart and extreme right with a capital E. On a intraday low or high price needs to accumulate positions...people need to get stopped out.. nvm we all know this!! Just read ‘master the markets’ forgot about the volume stuff just the read the book that is it. Accumulation distribution accumulation distrubtion of an extreme all day every day.

Hey man, please don’t feel like I am coming down on you. And sorry if you cannot understand what I am writing ( I have trouble at times as well :).

Again only observe how a group of bars are closing at an extreme. Nothing else, that is it.

Fun how anything can happen, but what usually happens ends up happen? 1 high and 1 low.

As someone who believes that ''knowledge is power'', it may come as a surprise to hear that I agree with that highlighted statement. It's subtle, as I love to learn but yes, at some point you have to say that you are going to focus and any other stuff, is just for fun's sake...for the knowledge bank.

OK, I want to paint the perfect tree. So I paint that tree. I will look at as many techniques that I can find to help me find a way to paint that tree. However, should I come across a great method of painting dogs, although I may check it out, just for knowledge's sake, I will not try and use those techniques to help me paint that tree.

I have a love of research. I will do research for research's sake. I will test, test, then test some more. At some point, I need to shake myself out of it, or that's all I will ever do. A friend got me out of that, when not long after I started out on my own, he simply told me that he wasn't going to test a method with me any more, as at some point, the testing has to give way to actually doing it.

My way of weaning myself off but still indulging in the love of it, is to pile a ton of layers onto something and then systematically cut it all away, until the simplest way possible of doing something remains. You don't forget what you've learned - you just don't need it.

Price action. Candles are getting smaller and smaller. What's happening? Who knows - all I care about is the fact that at some point, they can't get any smaller and price will blow out one way or another.

My job is to find the simplest way to capture some of that energy.

I can guarantee that that will involve a line of some sort. and my entering as price crosses it.

Trade what you see - not what you think.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:03 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

As someone who believes that ''knowledge is power'', it may come as a surprise to hear that I agree with that highlighted statement. It's subtle, as I love to learn but yes, at some point you have to say that you are going to focus and any other stuff, is just for fun's sake...for the knowledge bank.

OK, I want to paint the perfect tree. So I paint that tree. I will look at as many techniques that I can find to help me find a way to paint that tree. However, should I come across a great method of painting dogs, although I may check it out, just for knowledge's sake, I will not try and use those techniques to help me paint that tree.

I have a love of research. I will do research for research's sake. I will test, test, then test some more. At some point, I need to shake myself out of it, or that's all I will ever do. A friend got me out of that, when not long after I started out on my own, he simply told me that he wasn't going to test a method with me any more, as at some point, the testing has to give way to actually doing it.

My way of weaning myself off but still indulging in the love of it, is to pile a ton of layers onto something and then systematically cut it all away, until the simplest way possible of doing something remains. You don't forget what you've learned - you just don't need it.

Price action. Candles are getting smaller and smaller. What's happening? Who knows - all I care about is the fact that at some point, they can't get any smaller and price will blow out one way or another.

My job is to find the simplest way to capture some of that energy.

I can guarantee that that will involve a line of some sort. and my entering as price crosses it.

Trade what you see - not what you think.

Dude I totally hear you. I love to learning everything and anything about trading as well. I have to force myself to only focus at the task at hand. I think it’s a psychologic thing. We are programmed to keep learning. Many professions, we have to continually learning new skills in order to improve.
Perfect example is IT. Technoloy is always advancing so we have to keep up. What changes in trading, absolute nothing.

Accumulation, take out as many stops as need, move up
Distribution, take out as many stops as need, move down

The brain simply cannot believe that it’s that simple.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”